OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Just wanted to add that I will concede that this is such a weird year that it's hard to come up with a full 25 teams to rank so I can see someone going with an undefeated squad in there for that reason alone. I just look at things differently, and those two overtime games to me are worse than 4 losses in one of the major conferences.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:04 pm

Metroid wrote:
moonhead wrote:that being said. a w is a w. it's pretty difficult to downgrade a team for winning. regardless of fashion.

Exactly, Hawaii started the season 23 and 24 in the polls which is about exactly where I have them(a little higher at 21 but whatever). If we're gonna start dumping teams because of almost losing....man I dunno.

People knocked down USC a little bit because they struggled with Arizona, even without going into OT with them. And Arizona, bad as they are, is one of those teams that looks like a juggernaught when they play against Louisiana Tech.

Lots of teams struggle with moderate and even bad teams that they should be quite a bit better than, it happens. La Tech and SJST are just on such a different level of bad though. So far beyond moderate or bad, and it's not like Hawaii has beat anyone that anybody can probably even name offhand to make up for it.

I just don't see how someone can honestly look at Hawaii and see those games and think they're BETTER than they thought they were at the beginning of the season.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moonhead » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:12 pm

hey you're probably right. hawaii is overrated. but, we just view their wins differently. i see zero losses and zero quality wins, where you effectively see zero quality wins and 2 losses to bad teams. it's all moot as it will all play out before our eyes over the next few weeks.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:14 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Just wanted to add that I will concede that this is such a weird year that it's hard to come up with a full 25 teams to rank so I can see someone going with an undefeated squad in there for that reason alone. I just look at things differently, and those two overtime games to me are worse than 4 losses in one of the major conferences.

Word. ;-D

And like I said in a previous post Hawaii is hanging on by the slimmest of margins, should they lose a game their stock will plummet for me. Like you I do feel those two overtime games are like black eyes on Hawaii, unlike you though it's not enough for me to knock them out. Guess thats really where we disagree. :-?

Oh and to add USC should have dropped farther than they did after their loss to Stanford. I personally wouldn't have dropped them for struggling against Arizona. Them struggling is in my memory banks though and should they lose again it will factor in. I just don't like dropping teams after wins...no matter how ugly they are.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:54 am

Just sent my rankings in for this week and they're a little nuts. I have a 2 loss team in the top 5. A 3 loss team in the top 10. And an undefeated team behind both of them.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:34 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:Just sent my rankings in for this week and they're a little nuts. I have a 2 loss team in the top 5. A 3 loss team in the top 10. And an undefeated team behind both of them.

(Auburn?) See I cant justify ranking a team that high with that many losses. True that the losses came against good teams, but I see them as a top10 talent team, but either not good enouch coaching or not enough heart/guts to actually get the job done consistently enough to justify ranking them solely on their talent or "who" they lost to. At some point you actually have to win the games or else why play them.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:53 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:Just sent my rankings in for this week and they're a little nuts. I have a 2 loss team in the top 5. A 3 loss team in the top 10. And an undefeated team behind both of them.

(Auburn?) See I cant justify ranking a team that high with that many losses. True that the losses came against good teams, but I see them as a top10 talent team, but either not good enouch coaching or not enough heart/guts to actually get the job done consistently enough to justify ranking them solely on their talent or "who" they lost to. At some point you actually have to win the games or else why play them.

I think Auburn would beat every team I put them ahead of if they played on a neutral site tomorrow.

And they lost to Miss St who sucks so that wasn't my reasoning by any means.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby statsman88 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:37 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:

I think Auburn would beat every team I put them ahead of if they played on a neutral site tomorrow.

thats exactly what I did with mine. I have Auburn at 4. I have Ohio St. at 11
statsman88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby CC » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:59 pm

statsman88 wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:

There is being true to your opinions and there is being stupid, Auburn has already lost 3 games including one to Miss St. who are 1-3 in the SEC and while OSU has yet to beat anyone of note, they have looked pretty good in their victories.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby statsman88 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:44 pm

CC wrote:
statsman88 wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:I think Auburn would beat every team I put them ahead of if they played on a neutral site tomorrow.

There is being true to your opinions and there is being stupid, Auburn has already lost 3 games including one to Miss St. who are 1-3 in the SEC and while OSU has yet to beat anyone of note, they have looked pretty good in their victories.

And if LSU doesn't make a diving catch with no time left Auburn would have won 5 in a row and have beaten the Best 2 teams in the nation on the road. Auburn got off to a rough start because Cox was horrible in those first few games. But he's got it back together, and they are a top team. Auburn would beat OSU and that's how I'm ranking the teams. And I've watched pretty much every Big 10 game this season. The conference is a joke. OSU's biggest competition is Michigan. Put Appalachian St. in the Big 10 and that's OSU's biggest competition this year.
statsman88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to College Football