Dallas Week 7 and beyond - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Week 7 and beyond

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dallas Week 7 and beyond

Postby SPORTZILLA8 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 pm

Week 9 at Philadelphia: This is a key match-up right now if you ask me. Dallas needs to win this one to prove they are true contenders. Philadelphia is a lot better than their record states, as they've played a couple of games without key players such as Brian Dawkins, Lito Sheppard and Brian Westbrook. In most categories these teams are pretty evenly matched. The biggest disadvantage to Dallas is their penalties. Dallas is averaging 58.9 penalty YPG and 7.6 Penalties per game. Philly is averaging 53.4 and 6.4, respectively. Philly's one key disadvantage is their lack of forced turnovers. They have 5 to Dallas' 13. They may not turn the ball over as much, but they don't get it. Reggie Brown, however will be able to exploit the iffy secondary of Dallas for deep scores. I'm biting my tongue as i do this, but I'm calling in Philly's favor based on location over anything.

Final Score: Philadelphia 17, Dallas 14

Offensive MVP: Reggie Brown

Defensive MVP: Trent Cole
SPORTZILLA8
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:35 am

SPORTZILLA8 wrote: Week 9 at Philadelphia: This is a key match-up right now if you ask me. Dallas needs to win this one to prove they are true contenders. Philadelphia is a lot better than their record states, as they've played a couple of games without key players such as Brian Dawkins, Lito Sheppard and Brian Westbrook. In most categories these teams are pretty evenly matched. The biggest disadvantage to Dallas is their penalties. Dallas is averaging 58.9 penalty YPG and 7.6 Penalties per game. Philly is averaging 53.4 and 6.4, respectively. Philly's one key disadvantage is their lack of forced turnovers. They have 5 to Dallas' 13. They may not turn the ball over as much, but they don't get it. Reggie Brown, however will be able to exploit the iffy secondary of Dallas for deep scores. I'm biting my tongue as i do this, but I'm calling in Philly's favor based on location over anything.

You must obviously be an Eagles fan. Dallas is a lot better than the Eagles this year.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:51 am

Jimboozie wrote:
SPORTZILLA8 wrote: Week 9 at Philadelphia: This is a key match-up right now if you ask me. Dallas needs to win this one to prove they are true contenders. Philadelphia is a lot better than their record states, as they've played a couple of games without key players such as Brian Dawkins, Lito Sheppard and Brian Westbrook. In most categories these teams are pretty evenly matched. The biggest disadvantage to Dallas is their penalties. Dallas is averaging 58.9 penalty YPG and 7.6 Penalties per game. Philly is averaging 53.4 and 6.4, respectively. Philly's one key disadvantage is their lack of forced turnovers. They have 5 to Dallas' 13. They may not turn the ball over as much, but they don't get it. Reggie Brown, however will be able to exploit the iffy secondary of Dallas for deep scores. I'm biting my tongue as i do this, but I'm calling in Philly's favor based on location over anything.

You must obviously be an Eagles fan. Dallas is a lot better than the Eagles this year.

No joke. It's not impossible that Philly wins this game. I mean, it is a divisional rivalry game and anything can happen, but your logic is extremely flawed. Their offense is nowhere near the Cowboys production. 24, 25, and 27, are the three lowest point totals for the Cowboys this season. One was against New England, which if not the best defense, is top two for sure. No WAY that the Eagles hold them to 14. Add to that the fact that Dallas has the fifth best run defense in the league, and I don't see Philly being able to win this game by any normal circumstances.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:19 am

Remember how many sacks the Eagles just gave up a few games ago?? If they cant protect Mcnabb they will be in trouble because we will rush the the qb with linebackers all game long...but there is no way we score just 14 points, not going 2 happen
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SPORTZILLA8 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:46 am

1st matter: NEVER call me an eagles fan. *shudders* Records don't say anything about how a team is playing at a certain point in a season. Dallas was 5-4 when they beat Indy last season.

2nd Matter: I picked Philly because I felt that they had an intangible advantage Dallas was 2-8 in their last 10 trips to Philly prior to this season.
SPORTZILLA8
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:04 pm

SPORTZILLA8 wrote:1st matter: NEVER call me an eagles fan. *shudders* Records don't say anything about how a team is playing at a certain point in a season. Dallas was 5-4 when they beat Indy last season.

2nd Matter: I picked Philly because I felt that they had an intangible advantage Dallas was 2-8 in their last 10 trips to Philly prior to this season.

Yeah. Sorry for calling you an Eagles fan. Eagles suck. :-D

And recent history doesn't really matter if your current team blows and your opponent is very good.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Dallas Cowboys