College Game Day Comentary 10/20 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

College Game Day Comentary 10/20

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: College Game Day Comentary 10/20

Postby CC » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:05 am

mikus wrote:Talk about lucky.

I was at the LSU-Auburn game last night, and the go-ahead LSU touchdown with one second left came right toward me. Great catch, great throw.

But talk about lucky. If he does not catch that ball, I bet the clock runs out and LSU loses that game. Bad clock management all game by the Tigers, blowing time-outs left and right, and then NOT using one with the clock running out near the end of the game.

But hey, LSU fans sure will take it! ;-D

I think that it was partly the timekeeper's fault, he let at least 2 or 3 seconds tick off the clock once the ball had been caught and Byrd was on the ground. I have to believe that LSU would have had time to kick the field goal if the pass had been incomplete. If the ball had been intercepted however.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: College Game Day Comentary 10/20

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:13 pm

CC wrote:
mikus wrote:Talk about lucky.

I was at the LSU-Auburn game last night, and the go-ahead LSU touchdown with one second left came right toward me. Great catch, great throw.

But talk about lucky. If he does not catch that ball, I bet the clock runs out and LSU loses that game. Bad clock management all game by the Tigers, blowing time-outs left and right, and then NOT using one with the clock running out near the end of the game.

But hey, LSU fans sure will take it! ;-D

I think that it was partly the timekeeper's fault, he let at least 2 or 3 seconds tick off the clock once the ball had been caught and Byrd was on the ground. I have to believe that LSU would have had time to kick the field goal if the pass had been incomplete. If the ball had been intercepted however.

Indeed, I was thinking the same when the first replay came up. He caught the ball and was on the ground in the endzone with 4 ticks left, and somehow it magically ticked down to 1 second after that.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to College Football