Will Russell or Quinn start this season? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Russell or Quinn start this season?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Russell or Quinn start this season?

Postby Netsfan5 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:19 pm

Anderson has been studly so I think Quinn is going to have to wait until next year, but Dante played terribly last game and the Raiders might be ready to hand the ball to him.

Thoughts?
Netsfan5
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Will Russell or Quinn start this season?

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:18 pm

I have been wondering about the future of Anderson myself. He has put up nice fantasy numbers but 8 picks through 6 games is not exactly great. IMO the minute both of these teams realize they have no realistic shot at the playoffs they will toss in the rookies and let the learning curve begin.

Crennel has job security to worry about so he might stick with Anderson longer to attain a "decent" not worth firing record. I believe Quinn is capable of putting up better numbers though as Oakland has no kind of weapons in the receiving game.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:29 pm

Netsfan5 wrote:Anderson has been studly so I think Quinn is going to have to wait until next year, but Dante played terribly last game and the Raiders might be ready to hand the ball to him.

Thoughts?

Oakland may be in the playoff hunt long enough to make Russell's starting highly unlikely, and the last four games of the season for Oakland are brutal. Injuries could put Russell in play, but otherwise I don't see him starting, maybe just getting a little late-game action.

I think we will see Quinn eventually this year, unless Anderson wins more than he loses.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby FatFoot » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:44 pm

I don't think either will start this season. The Raiders have to really get Russell prepared to shoulder that load, and still have some rebuilding to do around him, if they hope for him to perform at the level they drafted him. Anderson is playing well enough that Quinn may not start NEXT year.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby AllDay » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:00 am

I think Russell might start by the end of the year but I think it would be better for both to sit and learn, maybe play some spot duty or a token start here and there.

A QB's first year should be learning the system and being tutored by a vet. Few are capable of performing well as a first year starter. I wouldn't want my highly praised rookie QB to get hurt by learning on the job for extended periods when the team isn't going anywhere.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:58 am

There is no way Quinn starts this year, maybe even with injury....my bet is the Browns take the Palmer route with Quinn.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Return to Football Talk