Tom Brady must be destroyed. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tom Brady must be destroyed.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tom Brady must be destroyed.

Postby FatFoot » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:55 pm

How do you possibly win a game when your opponent has this many TDs, from ONE PLAYER?

This is really annoying. I'm having a good week, FF-wise, but Brady alone may be able to take it down.

In one of the leagues where I'm playing against him, they're talking about upping the passing TD value to 6. That would give him like a 60 or 70 point DAY. Man, I've been on the receiving end of some tremendous bad luck this season.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tom Brady must be destroyed.

Postby Popcynical » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:29 pm

Yeah, man. I faced Carson Palmer when he had that shootout with the Browns. Then I face Tom Brady in the same league this week.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:56 pm

What a steal he has been. On pace for 4857 yards and 61 TDs against only 5 INT! :-°
thedude
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:02 pm

My last years rookie/FA pick of Wes Welker is really paying off :D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby wiploc » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Yeah I really, really hate Fantasy this year. Every week is a new and exciting way to punch me in the nether regions while my opponent explodes. How can almost all the bad luck attack the same one or two owners every week (unfortunately me being by far the most-often bent over)??? 2 players down for the year, several neutered to uselessness by injuries all around them, and the rest all underperforming. I'm still waiting for this whole averaging out thing to kick in, where some of my good matchups work out for a change. At least Alexander exploded for me against a horrible defense. Oh wait. Must... not... crush... things.
wiploc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:51 pm

Whoever owns Brady only needs a decent team around him to score over 100, he was picked horribly early in our league, and we laughed at him, but looking back he should of been a top 2 pick if not the first, i know id rather have brady then lj, s jax, and alexander
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Rubidium » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:01 pm

It's ridiculous. One team in our league has him and Randy Moss with Correll Buckhalter as his #2 RB and he's well on his way to being 6-1. He's just so good lol.
Rubidium
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bowie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:07 pm

Just take your loss and try to make the playoffs. Hopefully he will rest a bit late in the season when you play him again.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:21 pm

Over the recent years past I've had the opinion that sure Brady is a great QB, but that the overall success of the Patriots organization was really more about performing at a consistently high level in all areas and not so much standing out in any particular area.

This season blows me away with what Brady is doing. Sure the Patriots are still an excellently-rounded organization, but good Lord, Brady is playing like there's no tomorrow. Even when this team has clinched and is resting starters they still have an excellent chance to win due to the coaching and team fiber.

The surviving 72 Dolphins will be waiting a while before they light their cigars this year.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby redstorm41 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:59 pm

I think I can be one of the very few who went up against a team that had Tom Brady and came away with a 'W'. That was the week when New England went up against Cleveland. Threw for 265 yards and 3 TDs while accumulating a whopping 21.63. So you're probably wondering how did he lose; Boldin was injured, and Chester Taylor and Reggie Brown were on bye weeks. Result: he lost 106.24 - 93.32.

My advice, hope that your opponent has players on byes or are out for that week, then you'll have a chance to win because Brady is white hot right now. No pass he can't complete, no receiver he can't find, and no defense he can't read. It is a matter of luck, just like fantasy football always is.
redstorm41
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk