Tom Brady must be destroyed. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tom Brady must be destroyed.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Tom Brady must be destroyed.

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:56 pm

russellzisky wrote:
RJ24VC15 wrote:Well Brady owners can have fun starting a backup in the championship while Brady is sitting on the bench for rest.

Well, at least the Brady owners will get to the championship. That's half the battle!

If people believe there's a chance brady could get benched, they should consider selling him in the next few weeks....if your team is strong enough to get into the playoffs, that's all you need. get into the playoffs and anything can happen. maybe trade brady to one of the weaker teams so you don't have to worry about possibly playing vs brady in the fantasy playoffs?

this is assuming brady would get benched.....i don't have brady in any of my leagues so i don't know if i'd personally do this, it's a suggestion.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby D3C4K » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:21 pm

RJ24VC15 wrote:Well Brady owners can have fun starting a backup in the championship while Brady is sitting on the bench for rest.

Unless your championship is in week 17 (Shame on your league if it is... :-t ), you probably won't have to worry about your star Pats players seeing the bench unless, of course, they go off and their team has a sizable lead as a result. Any chance of that ended after the Colts got cute two years ago after winning their first 13 games. They talked about resting their guys, promply lost two of their last 3 to close out the regular season (with all of their stars riding the bench in the last 2 games), and Pittsburgh sent them home in the playoffs. It's all about momentum, and I'm pretty sure a coach like Belicheck won't let his guys become complacent and take the last few games of the season off, health be damned. There's a reason he sent Brady back out there the second Cassel threw that pick-6 in the 4th quarter against Miami. He's not having that, and with the extra motivation from "spygate", he's not looking to let up on his opponents, either. By the way, the Patriots opponent in week 16? A home game against...Miami. }:-)
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:34 pm

The guy in our league has Brady, Moss, and TO on his team. It wasn't for TO slacking this season with his measly 5 TDs, this guy would be dominating.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:35 pm

jcde7ago wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:I'm surprised maroney doesn't tell tom I need a TD too. good grief, they do realize they have a very good young back as well right?

I am pretty sure that if Maroney was ever asked he would just say "As long as this team is winning i don't care about personal stats" or something like that. Even Brady has been quick to acknowledge that he doesn't care much about that stuff as long as the Pats are winning, and he's been saying that all year.

BS. Maroney wants to play a role in their success as well, and wants to join the scoring party i'm sure. No different than him being peeved he missed the dallas game basically as a precaution. He wants to compete, like any athlete. And brady must care, he's taking every TD that team gets right now. I think brady is a great player, but there are enough points to spread the wealth to his young rb as well. That was all I was saying.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:46 pm

its too bad belichick is not going to bench him at all this year, judging from how they run the score up, and wont let Cassell play, what makes everyone think he will bench Brady?? He wont, he will push for 16-0 and say its because he wants the players to be fresh, Brady will throw 4-5 tds a half to at least make sure the games in hand...

If they beat the Colts, they will run the table, and not bench their stars
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jcde7ago » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:57 pm

fantasizing wrote:The guy in our league has Brady, Moss, and TO on his team. It wasn't for TO slacking this season with his measly 5 TDs, this guy would be dominating.

Check out my sig ;-D
10-Team Yahoo! Keeper League: TheYayArea (in 3rd Year now) 11-0!

Starters:

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Marshawn Lynch
W/R: Marion Barber III
TE: Chris Cooley
K: Shayne Graham
D: Pittsburgh
jcde7ago
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby codered7 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:48 am

whats so bad about running the score???? isnt the point of playing in a game to embarass the other team, i really hope it is or there would be no competition in any kind of game? Are the pats being a$$holes after they win? Ask your self this...do you see Brady or any patriot saying I just pwned u bi@tches!!!! I don't think so!
I kinda think its fun to watch...even tho Brady raped me this week. Its funny seeing ppl say, omg Brady and Bellichek are so selfish...Stop complainin bout pats raping ppl, because if your team was doin the same you wouldn't complian ;-D .
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:50 am

codered7 wrote:whats so bad about running the score???? isnt the point of playing in a game to embarass the other team, i really hope it is or there would be no competition in any kind of game? Are the pats being a$$holes after they win? Ask your self this...do you see Brady or any patriot saying I just pwned u bi@tches!!!! I don't think so!
I kinda think its fun to watch...even tho Brady raped me this week. Its funny seeing ppl say, omg Brady and Bellichek are so selfish...Stop complainin bout pats raping ppl, because if your team was doin the same you wouldn't complian ;-D .

I would give my opinion on this, but its going to look as if im "hating" becaue they beat my team, so oh well...but if you dont think Belichick is arrogant and an asshole, you should open your eyes...I dont think many can dispute that being honest with themselves...And yes the point of the game is to win, but when its the 4th qt, and your up 30 points, and your going for it on 4th dwn trying to pound in as many tds as you can, well thats pretty much what you call classless, not as if he's new to that word...I dont see anything wrong with it, but its still classless, and I hope he retires when Brady retires, because teams will remember this
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Phokus » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:55 am

It's not the Offense's job to help out the other team. Your defense is paid millions of dollars to stop the scoring, so they should man up and stop it. These aren't high schoolers, these are highly paid professional adults. "Running up the score" doesn't exist in pro sports. Do you hear people complain about 12-0 scores in baseball? Or 30-40 point blowouts in basketball? No.

If you want 'mercy', i suggest watching high school football with mercy rules, rather than scores being run up.
My league: 14 teams, 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 Flex WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 Defense. 6 Bench players.
Phokus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:37 am

D3C4K wrote:

Unless your championship is in week 17 (Shame on your league if it is... :-t ), you probably won't have to worry about your star Pats players seeing the bench unless, of course, they go off and their team has a sizable lead as a result. Any chance of that ended after the Colts got cute two years ago after winning their first 13 games. They talked about resting their guys, promply lost two of their last 3 to close out the regular season (with all of their stars riding the bench in the last 2 games), and Pittsburgh sent them home in the playoffs. It's all about momentum, and I'm pretty sure a coach like Belicheck won't let his guys become complacent and take the last few games of the season off, health be damned. There's a reason he sent Brady back out there the second Cassel threw that pick-6 in the 4th quarter against Miami. He's not having that, and with the extra motivation from "spygate", he's not looking to let up on his opponents, either. By the way, the Patriots opponent in week 16? A home game against...Miami. }:-)

Yea, well the 2004 Eagles are the counterpoint to that.

That being said, I think they want to shatter all records, and don't see them not playing. If you own pats, you almost have to hope they beat the colts, to keep everyone in.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk