Tom Brady must be destroyed. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tom Brady must be destroyed.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Tom Brady must be destroyed.

Postby russellzisky » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:55 am

Very well said, Phokus.

If the defense doesn't like it, then they should stop them from scoring.
If they can't stop them from scoring, then they should play better defense.

End of story.
russellzisky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DraftDodger » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:30 am

RJ24VC15 wrote:Well Brady owners can have fun starting a backup in the championship while Brady is sitting on the bench for rest.

Don't count on Brady sitting out. If the Pats are still unbeaten late in the season (and that's not such a big if with the way they're playing) I GUARANTEE you they will go for the perfect record. If you don't think Belichick and Kraft want that as much as the most drooling fanboy, you don't know either of them at all.

Don't look for Brady to spend much time on his ass, especially after that Cassel debacle in Miami. I wonder if Bledsoe's home phone and cell were both ringing this morning, with Jacksonville on one line and the Patriots on the other?
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:36 am

I just say enjoy the ride guys. I hope to be sitting 30 years from now saying I watched the best offensive team in the history of the NFL.

This just solidifies Brady as one of the best Quarterbacks ever. I'm even thinking about putting him ahead of Manning. 3 Super Bowls with hardly a great surrounding cast. He finally gets his "Harrison-Wayne-Stokely", and there could be an argument that those 3 are still better than the 3 that Brady has right now, but he's making it look too easy out there. Watching the game I remember halfway into the 1st quarter, 11 for 11 for 220 yds and 2 TDs and then promptly going for his 3rd. I don't know about you, but I'm gonna just sit back with a beer in awe.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby codered7 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:38 am

LS2throwed wrote:
codered7 wrote:whats so bad about running the score???? isnt the point of playing in a game to embarass the other team, i really hope it is or there would be no competition in any kind of game? Are the pats being a$$holes after they win? Ask your self this...do you see Brady or any patriot saying I just pwned u bi@tches!!!! I don't think so!
I kinda think its fun to watch...even tho Brady raped me this week. Its funny seeing ppl say, omg Brady and Bellichek are so selfish...Stop complainin bout pats raping ppl, because if your team was doin the same you wouldn't complian ;-D .

I would give my opinion on this, but its going to look as if im "hating" becaue they beat my team, so oh well...but if you dont think Belichick is arrogant and an asshole, you should open your eyes...I dont think many can dispute that being honest with themselves...And yes the point of the game is to win, but when its the 4th qt, and your up 30 points, and your going for it on 4th dwn trying to pound in as many tds as you can, well thats pretty much what you call classless, not as if he's new to that word...I dont see anything wrong with it, but its still classless, and I hope he retires when Brady retires, because teams will remember this

lol classless? I think Patrick Crayton saying the Patriots Defense sucks is classlesss, right after he gets shut down! I think LT crying is classless right after he gets beaten down to a pulp! Playing the game the way it should be...giving no hope for the other team to win, is NOT classless. Last yr we didn't beat down on the Colts...we let our guard down, thats WHY we lost in the playoffs. TEN last week almost lost cause they were conservative. There are a million more examples of great comebacks that are always possible in the NFL. The Pats arn't gonna let any chance of this to happen ever again...if you want to win you have to be merciless!
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby mikus » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:38 am

No way do the Pats sit Brady week 16 (most fantasy football championship weeks). If done, Belichick will rest the starters week 17, not week 16.

And remember when the Colts tried the resting philosophy for years? It never worked out for them as they always came out flat in the playoffs after missing a week or more of action. Last year, Peyton and Co. played in week 17 in order to stay sharp for the playoffs. We all know how that worked out.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:13 am

codered7 wrote:lol classless? I think Patrick Crayton saying the Patriots Defense sucks is classlesss, right after he gets shut down! I think LT crying is classless right after he gets beaten down to a pulp! Playing the game the way it should be...giving no hope for the other team to win, is NOT classless. Last yr we didn't beat down on the Colts...we let our guard down, thats WHY we lost in the playoffs. TEN last week almost lost cause they were conservative. There are a million more examples of great comebacks that are always possible in the NFL. The Pats arn't gonna let any chance of this to happen ever again...if you want to win you have to be merciless!

IIRC, Crayton, nor the passing game of the Cowboys was "shut down." But I agree with you... I think it's sore loser stuff.

Ed Farmer, the play by play guy on the radio for the Chicago White Sox said "I don't believe in having mercy on the other team. It doesn't make sense. When they inform you in no uncertain terms that they're going to stop trying to come back and win, THEN you can stop adding runs."

I agree with this philosophy, until it gets to the point where you're risking injuring your players. The Patriots should play as much of the game as they think they should. There's no reason to lighten up, unless they want to rest players. That won't happen at the end of the year, but it should happen in games like the Miami game this past week, IMO. Obviously, I'm not in charge.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby 2ksports » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:42 am

crayton scored a TD in the game. The Pats D is "nothing special" which is true this year. This could ultimately be the Pat's downfall, a good rushing team can just keep Brady off the field.

It's all Brady this year. I don't see why people hate on Brady, he is a sportsman of the year winner.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:50 am

2ksports wrote:crayton scored a TD in the game. The Pats D is "nothing special" which is true this year. This could ultimately be the Pat's downfall, a good rushing team can just keep Brady off the field.

It's all Brady this year. I don't see why people hate on Brady, he is a sportsman of the year winner.

Only problem with that (while I agree with it), is the team that plays to keep the opposing O off the field also winds the time down on itself, and gives much less of a margin for error. Given the quick strike capabilities of Moss and Stallworth, you are basically strategizing that you will keep both in check for the whole game, because all it takes is one score you didn't account for to blow that strategy. I think the team that can use it is someone like the Colts, in that if there is a breakdown on a critical pass play, they have the horses on O to fix the mistake. But if the strategy is strictly ball control, I don't think it will work in terms of the final result, even if the score is suppressed somewhat.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Triplec223 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:20 pm

No joke. This is the first place team in our 12-teamer:

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: Antwan Randle-El
WR: Calvin Johnson
RB: Reggie Bush
RB: Najeh Davenport
TE: Greg Olsen
W/R: Brandon Stokely
DEF: Chicago

Take away Brady, and this guy shouldn't win 2 games.
Triplec223
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:09 pm

In my main league, it's very similar. The leader has Brady, and went 0-2, followed by 5 straight wins, to be on the top of the pile.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk