Tom Brady must be destroyed. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tom Brady must be destroyed.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Tom Brady must be destroyed.

Postby ttwarrior1 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:13 pm

i think brady won't put up huge numbers against the redskins, they will run the clock as much as possible, plus they have a tall, big physical secondary. 16 pt favorite, put your money on the redskins with that spread
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jcde7ago » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:22 pm

The problem with this is the definition of "huge numbers".

"Typical" numbers from Brady thus far in every game this season is at least 250 yards passing and 3 TD passes.

So that would make the definition of "huge numbers" by Brady standards at least 4 or more TD passes and 300 or more yards passing. Every other quarterback in the league would be considered as putting up "huge numbers" on any given week if they just managed Brady's "typical" numbers. So no, Brady probably won't put up 5+ TD passes or go over 350 yards in this week's game against Washington. Possible? yes. But will he still put up "huge numbers"? Absolutely.
10-Team Yahoo! Keeper League: TheYayArea (in 3rd Year now) 11-0!

Starters:

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Marshawn Lynch
W/R: Marion Barber III
TE: Chris Cooley
K: Shayne Graham
D: Pittsburgh
jcde7ago
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:31 pm

I'm reserving my judgement for at least the next two weeks. The Patriots have only played two defenses ranked higher than 27th in the league in total yardage and have played no teams ranked higher than 15th in points per game allowed.

I'm not saying that I think the Patriots aren't for real, quite the contrary. I just want to see what happens when they start playing some better defenses, and both Washington and Indy rank in the top 5 in yards allowed and the top 6 in points allowed. I'm sold on New England right now, but the next two weeks will put into better perspective how good they are, especially their matchup with Indianapolis.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby markj11 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:34 pm

I have Brady and I have not lost and have 120+ more points than the 2nd place team. Someone mentioned earlier about hoping to play Brady teams when the Pats have their bye week but you could also look at when other top players on that team have a byes. I am worried this week b/c my first 3 round draft picks have byes or out.
1st Alexander - bye
2nd Brown - out
3rd Owens - bye
markj11
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pats4four » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:23 pm

Should be interesting to see how the game against Washington pans out. Like someone said earlier, the pats faced a real solid D yet and the Skins should provide a challange but current injuries to Smoot and Rogers should make Skins fans nervous as to how the secondary can hold up. The guy I'm looking out for is Landry. I wanna see how he does against Moos/Stallworth on the deep route and his discipline on play action passes.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Azrael » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:00 pm

People keep talking about the Pats facing a solid D. Let's see what Brady does when he faces a solid D. But you know what? They barely do. They still get to play the Jets, Miami, and Buffalo again. He'll throw all over Baltimore and Philly too. Even though I am a Steeler fan, I firmly believe he'll carve up that defense at home too. He usually does. And who is a solid D when you score atleast 35 on everyone. People talk about NYG ratcheting up their defense but really they just ran into a string of teams that have been nearly inept on offense all year. Brett Favre and Romo blew up NYG and Brady will do the same.

Let's just face it, he has too many weapons now. Stallworth and Moss are monster altheletes and no one can really cover Welker out of the slot either. Then he's got a big athletic TE in Watson as well. They present matchup problems for everyone. Most teams you can say ok, we'll double this guy or take away that guy and make them beat us this way but you take away 1 or 2 guys from the Pats and they still have 3 more that outclass anyone else your team has.

All these years Maning has had the weapons, Edge, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Pollard, Stokley and could only manage one SB. Brady had the likes of Branch, Brown, Givens, Antowain Smith, etc and won 3 with mediocre talent. Now that he has supreme talent like Manning had all those years, he's destroying everyone.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:09 pm

That about sums it up. Thus, for the good of all people, Tom Brady must be destroyed.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby jmog » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:20 pm

With the injuries I've had on my team the ONLY reason I'm above .500 right now is Brady.

I've had these major injuries to starters or immediate backups so far this year...

Alexander's wrist
Portis' knee (but knew going into the season, so kind of my fault)
Javon Walker's knee
Jake Delhomme on IR (not only was he my backup QB, but I have Steve Smith who has gone down since no Delhommo)
Vernon Davis
Terry Glenn (we drafted early, so he wasn't injured when I drafted him)
Kurt Warner, picked him up the week that Delhomme went in IR for him to tear up his elbow too.

I've had all of these guys get hurt this year on one team, this isn't over a couple different leagues.

Brady is the only reason I'm above .500...Steve Smith has been doing good too, but with his QB problems he's been inconsistant week to week.

If, and I do mean if, my team stays above water and gets healthy for the playoffs, I'll be looking good with

QB (start 1)
Brady
Warner
Schaub

RB (start 2)
Alexander
Edge
Portis
MJD
Betts

WR (start 2)
S. Smith
J. Walker
C. Chambers
B. Engram
T. Ginn Jr.

TE (start 1)
V. Davis
O. Daniels
V. Shiancoe

K (start 1)
J. Wilkens
S. Goskowski

D (start 1)
Vikings
Chiefs

And yes, our league is really REALLY deep.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Previous

Return to Football Talk