Why is Aikman allowed to commentate Boys games????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Why is Aikman allowed to commentate Boys games?????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Why is Aikman allowed to commentate Boys games?????

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:15 pm

treat24 wrote:
benb18a wrote:I have watched basketball games with Bill Walton commentating the Lakers and his son Luke, and he doesn't have any bias towards his son, and calls him Walton etc. just like any other commentator.

I find that the weirdest thing ever. Because he has EXTREME bias when commentating, however, he does not when he talks about his son. It's the only time he doesn't. He brings more bias to his announcing than any announcer I have seen in any sport. But you are right... not with his son. weird.

Like was said, you probably can't afford to be biased like that. I mean, what can they say when you are just biased towards a team for no particular reason, but when its your own son, he would receive so much flak for it, it wouldn't even be worth it.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:34 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
treat24 wrote:
benb18a wrote:I have watched basketball games with Bill Walton commentating the Lakers and his son Luke, and he doesn't have any bias towards his son, and calls him Walton etc. just like any other commentator.

I find that the weirdest thing ever. Because he has EXTREME bias when commentating, however, he does not when he talks about his son. It's the only time he doesn't. He brings more bias to his announcing than any announcer I have seen in any sport. But you are right... not with his son. weird.

Like was said, you probably can't afford to be biased like that. I mean, what can they say when you are just biased towards a team for no particular reason, but when its your own son, he would receive so much flak for it, it wouldn't even be worth it.

When i watch him commentate for the lakers games i feel is he disappointed his son is not the beast player he was, and instead is just a mechanical-ball-passer to kobe

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:12 pm

benb18a wrote:Wow the OP is retarded. I haven't gotten a chance to watch any Fox Dallas games this season, but in the past I looked for bias opinions from Aikman and Johnston, and haven't found anything at all out of the ordinary. In fact like somebody else said, he doesn't give as many opinions during these games, probably out of fear that if he comments like he normally would some idiots would call for his head because of being biased. :-t I have watched basketball games with Bill Walton commentating the Lakers and his son Luke, and he doesn't have any bias towards his son, and calls him Walton etc. just like any other commentator.

Exactly. I don't think Aikman is nearly as biased as some of the announcers. Now that I think about it I haven't ever noticed him being biased at all during Cowboy's games.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:31 pm

Throw it down, Luke!

This thread is the greatest disappointment in the history of western civilization.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:32 pm

You know commentator I hate is former Ducks QB Dan Fouts when he does Oregon vs. whoever games. Not because hes pro Oregon biased but because he seems to overcompensate too much and ends up being biased toward the Ducks. I dunno maybe its just me. :-?

Nice Walton Boozie. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:39 pm

I guess as a Boys fan you guys wouldnt notice it. I just think thats it is a conflict of interest. Oh yea and the fact that their booth is sometimes right above his name on the staduim wall doesent help. Just my $.20 but I hate it....

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:04 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:I guess as a Boys fan you guys wouldnt notice it. I just think thats it is a conflict of interest. Oh yea and the fact that their booth is sometimes right above his name on the staduim wall doesent help. Just my $.20 but I hate it....

Redskins fan:
SniperShot wrote:Cowboys game was on CBS last weekend, no Aikman there...

Heck I noticed Aikman was talking about how Minnesota can win the game not being biased to the Cowboys at all.

Non-Cowboys fan:
maxqstang wrote:He sends a fair amount of praise to Romo, but I definitely heard him talk about how Minn could win that game. He's know he can't be be biased for the Cowboys 'cause it could cost him. I even remember him talking down about the Cowboys during the Pats game. Oh, and yeah about all Fox has. lol

Heck, Madden sends out a lot of praise to Romo too.

So its not just Cowboys fans. And why is your opinion worth 20 cents when most people only give their 2 cents? :-b :-B B-)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:07 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:And why is your opinion worth 20 cents when most people only give their 2 cents? :-b :-B B-)

Yeah Mr. My-opinion-is-worth-more-than-yours.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:09 pm

Yea 2 non Coyboy fans not seeing the bias is a great sample size...your not going to change my opinion because I will think its crap everytime I see lame Aikman commentating the game. Cowboys fan or not I dont see how you dont see it as a conflict of interest.

I didnt know if anyone would catch my overvalued opinion. :-D :-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JMoney » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:36 am

[quote=I didnt know if anyone would catch my overvalued opinion. :-D :-D[/quote]

Aikman is a Cowboy GOD !!! Quit your crying !!!
JMoney
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting