Chris Cooley... only 1 reception? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Chris Cooley... only 1 reception?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Cooley... only 1 reception?

Postby Phillay88 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:50 pm

Anyone see why Chris Cooley only got 1 reception for 3 yards this week? I am not sure if he is hurt, or if they didnt throw it his way at all. Need help soon because I am not sure if I should drop him to get Jesse Chatman

Lemme know if you guys got any info.
Phillay88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chris Cooley... only 1 reception?

Postby tsunami001 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:53 pm

skins are keeping him and sellers in to block a lot more because our Oline is pretty much decimated. That's also why he didn't do much during the 2nd half of the GB game (3 olineman went down in that game).
Farewell #21, you will be missed dearly..
sig courtesy of eskins
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby EWSPECIALTY » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:03 pm

I also don't think the head coach believes in throwing the ball because Clinton Portis is such a stud.
Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Doing Right!
EWSPECIALTY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgcesq » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:30 pm

Hard part is that he had a huge day last week, then rang up 1.5 pts for me in week 7. These up and down weeks are killing me!
dgcesq
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:52 pm

tsunami001 wrote:skins are keeping him and sellers in to block a lot more because our Oline is pretty much decimated. That's also why he didn't do much during the 2nd half of the GB game (3 olineman went down in that game).
It's been pretty much decimated since week 2 and Cooley's still been getting involved. Think it was just an overall bad outing by the Skins offense all around. They'll probably be on their A game this week vs New England, Cooley should put up some decent numbers.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:52 pm

SniperShot wrote:
tsunami001 wrote:skins are keeping him and sellers in to block a lot more because our Oline is pretty much decimated. That's also why he didn't do much during the 2nd half of the GB game (3 olineman went down in that game).
It's been pretty much decimated since week 2 and Cooley's still been getting involved. Think it was just an overall bad outing by the Skins offense all around. They'll probably be on their A game this week vs New England, Cooley should put up some decent numbers.

new england's defense one weak point imo is giving up plays to the upper tight ends. the linebackers + rodney harrison are all great for stopping the run and pressuring the quarterback, but they can get beat by a good tight end (besides adalius).

cooley should do good, the redskins will be playing from behind after the first patriots possession anyway

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:33 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:
SniperShot wrote:

new england's defense one weak point imo is giving up plays to the upper tight ends. the linebackers + rodney harrison are all great for stopping the run and pressuring the quarterback, but they can get beat by a good tight end (besides adalius).

cooley should do good, the redskins will be playing from behind after the first patriots possession anyway
Oh really? That confident the Pats will score on their first possession?

We will see. The Skins defense is way better then anyone realizes right now. They'll show up to play in New England for sure. ;-) ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby tsunami001 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:09 pm

SniperShot wrote:

it was bad but managable up until the GB game when 3 Olineman went out with injuries. that's why cooley had a good first half, but did next to nothing in the 2nd half, when those injuries started piling up.

i love the dude, especially all the stories u hear being around the area ;-D lol, but i don't consider him a quality TE start anymore..
Farewell #21, you will be missed dearly..
sig courtesy of eskins
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:17 pm

Well on the upside it cant get much worse than last week....

i just think that it was a bad day passing period last week and hell bounce back the week.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting