Where was he the last couple drives
joshsup17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Willie Parker

Postby flexnsa » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:34 pm

Locker room watching the ALCS!

Yeah I'm needing him to have a huge game too, but it looks like he's not gonna be much of a help for me!
flexnsa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby southernSteeler » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:16 am

I love Willie, I am a Steelers fan, but he is all yardage and no TD's this year. Its very strange. I was trying to trade for him last week, but the guy I was trying to trade with kept coming back with some nutty trade offers in return. He is one of those guys who makes sure he doesn't get screwed in the trade instead of looking for a fair trade to both sides, anywho, I sure am glad I didn't get that trade. In my league (standard yahoo scoring), he isn't scoring great. Of course, knowing Willie, he will have one huge game to make all of his stats look awesome at some point...........
southernSteeler Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby pangbones » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:07 pm

He looked pretty good to me, despite the Broncos putting 8 in the box almost the entire game. Should see more teams doing that more than they have in the future. Ben can certainly win games with his arm, but they need to run the ball to have success.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby juddstjohn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:11 am

Parker is driving me nuts this year. I drafted last and took him and Shaun Alexander, thinking I would have a solid RB corps, but neither can find the end zone, and Shaun looks completely washed up lately. Willie is in the bizarre situation of contending for the NFL rushing title but being a sub-par fantasy RB since the Steelers evidently forgot how to run screen plays or let their star run it at the goal line. My season is sunk from trusting him to score big.
juddstjohn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:49 pm

i am also frustrated about parker's lack of touchdowns, but in the last game denver scored quickly so i think the steelers were forced to throw a lot.

parker IS getting the yards, he will eventually break a long run for a touchdown.....soon....i hope....please? :~(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:36 pm

Don't expect the touchdowns to come any time soon. The Steelers have 13 touchdowns through the air this season and only 4 on the ground. The coaches are letting Roethlisberger pass in the red zone a lot more this year, and with the Steelers' depth at tight end, I can't blame them.

FWP will get an occasional touchdown, but he's going to be a yardage back this year.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby eagle0588 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:24 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Don't expect the touchdowns to come any time soon. The Steelers have 13 touchdowns through the air this season and only 4 on the ground. The coaches are letting Roethlisberger pass in the red zone a lot more this year, and with the Steelers' depth at tight end, I can't blame them.

FWP will get an occasional touchdown, but he's going to be a yardage back this year.

i'm not a FWP owner, but I love how he plays and I don't want to see him just be a yardage back, hope he doesnt become like tiki barber like his last two years.
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RazzLeDazzLe » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:34 pm

If he continues to play like this would you guys start benching him? I always start him but lately I've really been regretting it!
QB: Freeman
RB: Rashad Jennings, Ray Rice, Knowshon Moreno
WR: Calvin Johnson, Jeremy Maclin
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Shayne Graham
D: SD
Bench: Hillis, Knox, Tebow, Woodhead, Ball
RazzLeDazzLe Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:35 pm

Can't believe I talked myself into taking him over Westbrook. :-P

The thing that pisses me off is how they take him out on 3rd downs. His receptions have also taken a big hit. :-t

I don't know what you can do, you have to keep starting him unless you've got some crazy stable of backs. Hopefully, he will break off some long runs for TDs. He's come close a few times.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting