ADP...Where are the carries!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

ADP...Where are the carries!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

ADP...Where are the carries!?

Postby jcgage0 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:01 pm

How can this guy not be touching the ball at least close to 20 times a game every game. This Min offense does not go without him. Taylor is good, but ADP is a beast and a gamebreaker. What gives...Is Childress trying to lose games?
jcgage0
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: ADP...Where are the carries!?

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:13 pm

Well for one, Childress sucks as a head coach in general

For two, jackson sucks as a qb in general...They cant get any type of passing game, and regardless AD needs the passing game to be a threat for him to suceed, not just because it opens up lanes, but because it keeps them on the field...

For three, this year they arent going to work him to death, so id get used to that...They arent going to break him down, he will increase as the season goes on, which is good for the playoffs, but for now they wont kill him even though he is by far the better back...they will keep his workload around where its at now, honestly at the beginning of the year we got spoiled because chester was hurt, they dont intend on running 25 times a game with him right now, so i wouldnt expect it, he still had a solid game minus the fumble vs a really good run D
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby activechamp2006 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:18 am

LS2throwed wrote:Well for one, Childress sucks as a head coach in general

For two, jackson sucks as a qb in general...They cant get any type of passing game, and regardless AD needs the passing game to be a threat for him to suceed, not just because it opens up lanes, but because it keeps them on the field...

For three, this year they arent going to work him to death, so id get used to that...They arent going to break him down, he will increase as the season goes on, which is good for the playoffs, but for now they wont kill him even though he is by far the better back...they will keep his workload around where its at now, honestly at the beginning of the year we got spoiled because chester was hurt, they dont intend on running 25 times a game with him right now, so i wouldnt expect it, he still had a solid game minus the fumble vs a really good run D

haha, I agree, jackson is horrible. and I highly doubt the Vikings make the playoffs this season . 2-4 sure isn't a good start. :-t

After watching the game today I realized a few things.
-Jackson is the worst starting QB in the league. He is a decent runner at times, but he does not know how to move in the pocket. I don't know what's going thru his head, but he just looks like a highschool QB out there. The majority of the passes he throws are hitting the ground, or going over someones head.
-This offense struggles when Adrian Peterson isn't involved in the play. Chester Taylor is solid, but he has no where near the presence that AD has. This guy is strong and quick, he can do the goal line carries and sprint for long yardage. Plus he has very good hands, and will make a good receiver.
-The Vikings are a solid QB away from being a serious playoff contender.
activechamp2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:19 am

jcgage0 wrote:How can this guy not be touching the ball at least close to 20 times a game every game. This Min offense does not go without him. Taylor is good, but ADP is a beast and a gamebreaker. What gives...Is Childress trying to lose games?

He is:

12 carries, 1 rec, 1 drop, 3 KR. That's 17 potential touches in a game where they trailed most of the 2nd half.

108 carries, 11 rec, 11 KR in 6 games equals 22 touches per game...

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jfg » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:06 am

Childress has a great system without the QB to run it. Unfortunately, he's said time and time again that he doesn't need a good QB to win with his system. His stubbornness might be his undoing, but maybe he finally realizes that he needs one. Looking at the games they've lost they could be an undefeated team with a decent QB. Of course, it might have a lot more to do with the wide receivers but I don't think so.

That said, he's absolutely right to not overwork a running back that has a background of injuries with an RB that ran for 1200 yards last year as his backup and a team that is going nowhere. It sucks for fantasy owners but for the Vikes it's absolutely the right move. They are one offseason away from being a good team as long as they can find a QB through free agency or the draft. Waiting that one year to give AD the feature back carries is a good decision in my opinion. Running the crap out of him will get them 2-3 more wins, take them out of the running for Brohm or Woodson and take a year off of Peterson's career. That would be idiotic. Childress might be full of himself and stubborn but he's not an idiot.
jfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SenorBeef » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:59 am

For three, this year they arent going to work him to death, so id get used to that...They arent going to break him down, he will increase as the season goes on, which is good for the playoffs, but for now they wont kill him even though he is by far the better back...

That's what I thought, until I saw him returning kicks.

Having your star RB receive limited carries because you're worried about wearing him down and injuring him, but then putting him back there for routine kick returns is retarded.
SenorBeef
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby boobsgalore » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:13 am

SenorBeef wrote:

For three, this year they arent going to work him to death, so id get used to that...They arent going to break him down, he will increase as the season goes on, which is good for the playoffs, but for now they wont kill him even though he is by far the better back...

That's what I thought, until I saw him returning kicks.

Having your star RB receive limited carries because you're worried about wearing him down and injuring him, but then putting him back there for routine kick returns is retarded.

Amen! This coach is a complete idiot. If he has a job doing anything but flippin flapjacks next season, consider him a lucky man. Why on earth would you say you don't want your star RB to wear down or get hurt, and then have him returning kicks is dumb.

On another note, I can't fully blame Tarvaris Jackson for the bad play of the offense. He does suck something fierce though! I have ADP on my fantasy team so I watch a good portion of the Vikings games on Sunday. Their WR's are about as bad as I've ever seen. These guys couldn't catch a cold sitting butt naked in an Alaskan meat shop.
boobsgalore
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby russellzisky » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:18 am

Worst coach in the NFL.
russellzisky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eagle0588 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:06 pm

well this game wasn't all childress's fault seeing as how the cowboys offense had control of the ball for a good amount of time.
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jpowers » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:03 pm

Most teams in NFL are running back by committee. If you are a Vikings fan you want to see this guy around for awhile as, with exception for defense, he is our future. The same might not be said for T-Jack unless he matures...FAST. It is hard to rate the receivers as it is related to QB ability although Williamson isn't living up to his 1st round draft status as a replacement for Moss. Because the passing situation basically sucks, teams will be keying on ADP and reduce his effectiveness. Imagine if he was in the Pats or Bengals backfield!

Given that CTaylor was pretty good last year, I think it has been reasonable for Childress to share the carries so far this year. A RB is one play away from a season-ending injury after all...see R.Brown this past weekend.

I have ADP on my FF roster and am a Vikings fan to boot. The Vikes weren't picked to win anything this year based on T-Jack's inexperience and that is living itself out. I hope to see ADP possibly get Rookie of the Year status and make the teams that passed on him look idiotic. I wouldn't mind the 200+ yard/3TD games to help me out, either. But, we have a very good RB in Taylor and he will be sharing the load for the rest of the season.

Here's hoping he keeps breaking some big ones on the carries he does get, though!

JP
jpowers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting