Too old to trick or treat? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Too old to trick or treat?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Too old to trick or treat?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:10 pm

I had a former youth pastor that said when he was in high school/college age he and his friends would dress up New year's Eve and go Trick or Treating early in the evening. Said you would get Ham, Turkey, Sweet Potatoes, etc. He said it fed them for a week. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eastcoaster » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:54 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I had a former youth pastor that said when he was in high school/college age he and his friends would dress up New year's Eve and go Trick or Treating early in the evening. Said you would get Ham, Turkey, Sweet Potatoes, etc. He said it fed them for a week. :-b

?? I have never heard of this. Sounds odd :-?
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:16 pm

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tiki » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:00 pm

Kilroy I hope you got/ are going to set-up that up again this year, cause that was sick! ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:11 pm

eastcoaster wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I had a former youth pastor that said when he was in high school/college age he and his friends would dress up New year's Eve and go Trick or Treating early in the evening. Said you would get Ham, Turkey, Sweet Potatoes, etc. He said it fed them for a week. :-b

Yeah, it is. They just got a random idea to try it out one day. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:21 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
eastcoaster wrote:

Yeah, it is. They just got a random idea to try it out one day. :-b
Haha that's actually not a half bad idea, going trick or treating on Thanksgiving might not be too bad either, just say you thought it was still October and are a month late... Maybe get tons of free turkey along with plenty of weird looks from people when they answer their door! :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:27 pm

Yeah, you want to wait til after the holiday though cause people will just be mad if its on the holiday itself. Around new Year's, you got leftovers from Christmas and Christmas candy and stuff. He said the looks on people's faces was priceless and then they would go and bring out like sacks of food. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby eastcoaster » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:07 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Yeah, you want to wait til after the holiday though cause people will just be mad if its on the holiday itself. Around new Year's, you got leftovers from Christmas and Christmas candy and stuff. He said the looks on people's faces was priceless and then they would go and bring out like sacks of food. :-b

Yeah, right :-b

OK, you got me once, but that's it :-b :-B B-)
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk