Pick 3 Time Complaint - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Pick 3 Time Complaint

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick 3 Time Complaint

Postby Cleokatrah » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:33 pm

I wonder if your board's global time is off by an hour. Right now I have my profile settings to Pacific + Summer DST. I live in California. However, summer DST ended three days ago. When I set the boards to the proper settings, the time is off by one hour (ahead). There are several of us who posted picks in Pick 3 that got an erroneous message saying our posts were submitted after the deadline when in fact they were submitted in time. My lucky ladders post is 7 minutes after my Pick 3 post, and is stamped at 9:18am.

I did check the timezone in my control panel was correct, and it was. I went back to the boards and noticed it was still off, so I returned to my panel and checked the radial for Summer/DST, and yep, the time became correct. I MAY have done this inbetween my lucky ladders and pick 3 post. I don't remember the exact sequence since I had several tabs open and was multitasking.

It is my ritual to do my picks friday/saturday and then post them when I am reading the last minute injury news and making any last minute changes on my lineups. I know for a fact that I posted those picks before kickoff because I was on my couch minutes before kickoff with a morning brew in my hand.

Could someone please look into this? There are more members other than myself that got "stiffed" by the clock this week.

Thank you.
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick 3 Time Complaint

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:46 pm

Here's what I see and I'm set for the Central Time Zone:

Re: Week 7, 2007
by Cleokatrah on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:18 am

Minnesota at Dallas: 17-31
Chicago at Philadelphia: 13-28
Indianapolis at Jacksonville: 27-24

(Picks submitted after deadline.)

Deadline: October 21, 2007 12:00 pm EST

12:00 Eastern is 11:00 Central, so according to my timestamps, you got the picks in late.

Your post above just came in and is stamped at 11:33 PM Sunday night, and it's currently 11:45 my time, so everything seems to be fine..... :-?

EDIT: And the stamp on mine is 11:46 my time.

2nd EDIT: And your Lucky Ladders post is stamped 11:11 my time (Central). 7 minutes before your Pick 3 post.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleokatrah » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:00 pm

Right. That is exactly my complaint. I know I got the picks in in time, and it's showing them late. I have to have the DST/Summer radial selected for the boards to show the right time, and as far as I know, the Summer DST ended the 28th.

I guess it's fine that nobody believes me. I don't have the best "attendance" as I was out for 2 weeks (family stuff), but I did get my picks in on time. I think the mistake is mine, however, in not manually checking my time settings? I don't know. I know that afterward, I went to yahoo and sat Jacobs in a couple of leagues (because I believed that blurb about "light" duty) before settling in to watch the games for the day.

BTW, I am posting this at 11:51am.

Does anyone know if there's anywhere you can go in your computer that has logs of what time you visited each site? Not that a screenshot won't be considered as manipulated...

Wouldn't I have to be insanely stupid to try submitting a half pick in one week for half credit, to of course have it rejected (no complaint on my part; I posted the attempt without confirming the deadline rule), to then purposefully submit my picks over an hour late and then complain about it? I suppose people have done dumber things, and I'm not exactly a stamp in the community, but this is a valid complaint.
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cleokatrah » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:02 pm

Edit to the above: I edited the above post before posting it and forgot to change the time. It's posted a few minutes after that. This one is posted at 12:02pm. Apologies.

EDIT: Adding screenshots, though I don't think this helps my case, as it only shows I know how to select a radial button.

The cafe forums, WITH the DST radial selected in my preferences:

The cafe forums WITHOUT the radial selected:

The problem is that the boards are not recognizing that it is NOT dst/summer time. Perhaps this has to do with my cookies?

Time of first edit: 12:31pm.

EDIT TWO:
If my Lucky Ladders post was submitted at 11:11, why aren't the games in progress crossed off? With my current board settings (pacific, dst checked), it shows the first post as not making the cutoff to belong to Hubarooski, which is stamped 10:01.

Time of edit 2: 12:41pm
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:33 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:This week's games:

Game 1: Minnesota at Dallas (Sunday, 1:00 pm EST) Result: 14-24
Game 2: Chicago at Philadelphia (Sunday, 4:15 pm EST) Result: 19-16
Game 3: Indianapolis at Jacksonville (Monday, 8:30 pm EST)

Deadline: October 21, 2007 12:00 pm EST

12:18 EDT, 11:18 MDT, 9:18 PDT, 7:18 Hawaii-Aleutian Daylight Time, 6:18 Hawaiian Standered time, would all be too late of a pick because the deadline is exactly 1 full hour before the games begin, why it's that much in advance I don't know but I would advise you to get your picks in just a tad bit sooner next week, can't go wrong with the night before in my opinion...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:55 pm

It's not that I don't believe you, quite the contrary. I can go into my profile and change all of my posts to show me they were posted 10 hours before they were actually made, or 10 hours after. Does that change when they were actually posted up though? No. No difference here. 12 Eastern is 12 Eastern, regardless of what you have your computer set at. I show your Pick 3 picks coming in 18 minutes past the deadline. Doesn't matter what time your settings say it is, only matters what the actual time is/was that they were submitted.

As to your Ladders question, the deadline for that game was kickoff of the first game, which was an hour later than the Pick 3 deadline. Hubarooski's post came in at 12:01 Central, which is 1:01 Eastern, one minute past the deadline, so the early games didn't count.

Again, it's irrelevant what you have your settings on, all that matters is real time. 12 Eastern is 12 Eastern and that doesn't change based on what your settings are.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cleokatrah » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:59 pm

LOL. That's funny. So I had the deadline time wrong.

You see, I write down the games midweek and do not read the whole post until after all the games are over (I like the flavor paragraphs, I just don't want to be subconsciously "influenced" by them). I'm SURE I saw that big, bold print, there, lol. Apparently, it just didn't register that the time was different than the generalized time in the rules.

Until now.

Thanks, Sniper, for pointing that bit out to me. I'll sit down and shup now. About the complaint, anyway. And I suppose I'll try that night before thing, although I really, really, really prefer waiting for the last minutes reports. One key player can make a big difference.

Since I have everyone's attention here (heh), I'll ask one more question. Why is there no partial credits for pick 3? I understand that you have all week to get scores in, but there is the occasional good reason why someone can't do so.

And thanks again Sniper. I love the way the avi turned out, btw. I may have to adopt it for another forum as soon as your reign over it ends. One week left now?

Thank you as well, Madison, for responding so quickly. I apologize for being a nimwit ^_~
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:16 pm

Heh you can credit this avatar to Joel and his excellent graphics making skillz. I've got 2 days to go now, it's been a long month, as a Skins fan I've felt like a traitor posting with this avatar. :-b

And the big bold part was a little exaggeration on my part, just did that for added emphasis. I was stupid and accidentally posted that also in the actual pick3 week 7 picks thread, I feel like a total noob. Ha and also right after that I said that I had 69 tabs open in my browser when I really only had like 6. Interesting how the first random number I thought of was 69... Not able to edit posts or delete posts in there either woohoo. O:-) :-b

I always submit my picks on Thursday or sooner because when I wait till the last second I second guess myself to no end and it almost always ends up being bad. Kinda like your first inclination on a test is usually the right one and what you erase and change almost always ends up wrong... That's the story of my life with these games, I made it a point to get at least 1 game icon this season and so far we are nearing halfway point on the season and I've yet to really come close in any game. :-t
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:29 pm

Cleokatrah wrote:Why is there no partial credits for pick 3? I understand that you have all week to get scores in, but there is the occasional good reason why someone can't do so.

Generally it takes scores from all three games to hit the points, plus it's not really fair to those players that got their picks in on time.

Glad to see this problem got resolved though. :-)

And Sniper, I think you should keep that avatar forever. We all know you secretly think Tony Romo is God. O:-)

:-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:58 pm

Thanks for handling Mad while I was gone on vacation.

Sorry the timezones screwed me up this week. :-/

Was a LONG week. :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk