Dealing with R. Brown trade drama, please help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dealing with R. Brown trade drama, please help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dealing with R. Brown trade drama, please help

Postby Jagator73 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:53 am

I'm the commish of a 12 team money league. There is a R. Brown owner who is notoriously a little cut-throat when it comes to FF, anyway, as soon as Brown went down, he was dishing out the trade proposal's and he hooked the Edgerrin James owner, who is sort of a novice (second year player). Next thing I know the trade is pending and I get a private email from the Edge owner asking me to vote against it since the league has 1/3 votes and its vetoed. So is it a question of ethics? Is it "fair game" and Edge owner should have been paying closer attention? Is it my place to step in? Please give me some insight
Jagator73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dealing with R. Brown trade drama, please help

Postby mikus » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:59 am

No collusion = No veto.

Edge owner should have done his homework before accepting the trade.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby DonDaBear » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:16 am

That would be unfair to the league, especially if money is involved. He should learn from this and do better next year.
DonDaBear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dream_017 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:18 am

mikus wrote:No collusion = No veto.

Edge owner should have done his homework before accepting the trade.

Agree ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:11 pm

As crappy as you may feel it is... you're well within your right to offer a trade that looks great on the surface, but is in fact, terrible. That's the WHOLE CONCEPT of sell high. It seems extra lame, when you sell an injured player, and I'd say that there are leagues in which I wouldn't make such an offer. But you know what, when you get right down to it, it's the other guy's responsibility to look up ALL the info on a given player before accepting a trade. If they don't do their homework, they DESERVE to be taken to the cleaners. It's not flowers and rainbows. It's strategy. If an owner knows he's not on top of the game, he shouldn't be trading in the first place.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby matmat » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:51 pm

trade stands, but i'd seriously consider not inviting the ronnie brown owner back for next year. i know the 'all's fair in war and football' and whatnot arguments, but i don't agree with them. people should try to play with some ethics.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby citti34 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:13 pm

When was the trade proposed? Before the MRI? I personally wouldn't "have" room for the Ronnie Brown owner next year. A person like that makes a league less fun. Sure, I take advantage of owners too, but trading injured players is bush league. And on another note, it sounds like you have a history with this individual
here is a R. Brown owner who is notoriously a little cut-throat when it comes to FF,
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GP1 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:24 pm

There's a difference between doing your HW and not being afforded the opportunity to do so. This guy proposed the trade right after the game. I know this sounds crazy, but not everyone knows about this site. What other options do most people use? ESPN and Rotoworld? ESPN didnt even pick up on this story until this afternoon. And at 1 a.m. on Rotoworld, this wasnt even a top headline! I can sympathize with this guy. If it wasnt for this site, I'd have ZERO clue that Brown went down until about 2 hours ago. I'm sure other people were in a similar situation. There's a difference between playing fair and just plain cheating. While this cant be classified as either, it definitely leans more towards the latter.
GP1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:35 pm

I would cast a veto vote - it actually does fit Yahoo's definition of collusion:
No owner will engage in any action that might be deemed to be collusive (two or more owners agreeing to make moves that benefit one team, but not the other).

It would also appear to be a violation of Yahoo's basic rules of fair play:
No owner will make any roster moves (including waiver claims, trade proposals, etc.) whose sole purpose is to hamper the play of other owners.
No owner will take any action whose purpose is to, in any way, interfere with fair play in a league.

Using the above, I would have no problem voting against the trade - and also telling the offending party what a jerk he is
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:43 pm

seeing that ronnie brown is out for the year i agree with stomperrob

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk