Dealing with R. Brown trade drama, please help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dealing with R. Brown trade drama, please help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dealing with R. Brown trade drama, please help

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:54 pm

I don't know about you guys, but when I get proposed a trade I usually look to see why the other person is proposing the trade. If I was offered Ronnie Brown for Edge straight up I would definately be looking into it before I accepted. I would let the trade stand.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby southernSteeler » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:08 pm

Not everyone knows where to go to get the information and not everyone knows about this site. I don't tell anyone I play in a league with about it because its to my advantage not too. However, this is my first year doing FF and the week SJAX got hurt, another owner offered me him and Bulger for Wayne/Roy williams. Bulger was also hurting from his ribs. I tell you, I almost clicked on accept the trade because of who's names were being offered and he knew I had Brees and that Brees was costing me games. That has rubbed me the wrong way ever since and almost killed my enjoyment of FF for awhile. In the end, it is about enjoying yourself as well and if you can't trust the people you are in a leauge with, than that can ruin an experience.

The first guy is a jerk for making the offer, the second guy will learn from this experience. I actually like the idea of allowing the trade to go through, but giving the new guy Chatman and not inviting the first guy back next year. I am all about competition, but offering an injured player up right away is just wrong and beyond competition IMO. The blind guy acted wrongly as well in his reaction to the posting, but at least he has calmed down and changed his tune. The first guy doesn't seem to have much remorse in this case.

Sure trades are about bettering your team, but they should also be about fair play as well.
southernSteeler Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cooner » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:12 pm

Jagator73 wrote:I emailed the Edge owner and told him that the trade would more than likely get vetoed and I realize he's pissed but I didn't appreciate him threatening to sabotage my league. He wrote back saying he would calm down.

No word from the Brown owner who by the way definately was quick about picking up Chatman on Sunday, so if and when the trade gets vetoed he should hopefully not get stupid, but if either of them resort to dropping players, I'm going to lock whoever's team does, get the players back, and ban the owner.

Sounds like you've got the situation well-handled. ;-D
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jagator73 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:53 pm

CC wrote:Sounds like you have one whiny bitch for a friend and another asshole for a friend.
The proper course of action is to sleep with both of their wives and be done with it.

whiny bitch - yes, asshole - yes, friends - more like former work associates, and you obviously haven't seen their wives...but as it turns out the trade did get vetoed. Brown guy ranted and name called and hollered that its not his fault Edge guy is an idiot and didn't do any research, and he thought it was BS that he got accused of being unethical and unsportmanlike, etc, etc...Edge guy wound up being the more adult of the two and just completely let it go and chose not to participate in any posting wars, or he might have just been satisfied to get Edge back.
Jagator73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk