The Last Time Ohio State Lost A Regular Season Game... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

The Last Time Ohio State Lost A Regular Season Game...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Last Time Ohio State Lost A Regular Season Game...

Postby statsman88 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:02 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
statsman88 wrote:
The ACC is the worst you've ever seen? I know they aren't that great but they've held their ground pretty well this year. In out of conference games they've done ok (minus LSU manhandling VT). Miami beat Tex A+M, Florida St. has wins over Alabama and beat Colorado on the road, Maryland beat Rutgers, Virgina beat UConn, and even Duke beat Northwestern. Really the only glaring loss is Virginia losing to Wyoming, but I think they've done OK out of conference, definetly not terrible

Two of those wins are over Big East teams, which I put close to ACC in terms of being bad. TAMU is not good, Col is not good we discussed this earlier, they got lucky at home against OK and actually almost beat FSU in that game. The ACC is Terrible this year

I'm not gonna stick up too much for the ACC because I know they aren't the best by any means, but I mean you gotta give them just a little credit for winning those out-of-conference games instead of losing them. I'd say the most impressive is FSU over Alabama, you have to admit, that is at least semi-impressive. And we can't really judge Tex A+M yet cuz their toughest part of their schedule is the last 4 wks of the season.

Or you can just throw out every game the ACC has won so far, call it a fluke, and claim they are the worst conference :-)
statsman88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:30 pm

Big 10 is horribly overrated this year. There best teams have had very poor showings out of conference against weaker teams. Who really stands out in the big 10?
I"d put them beind the SEC, Pac 10, and Big 12.

When your supposed best teams (Michican, Wisconsin) cant handle mid major competition.
Ohio State has shown me nothing. They have not beaten a sole and wont really face a challenge in the Big 10 if they really are deserving of the No. 1 ranking.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby statsman88 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:40 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Big 10 is horribly overrated this year. There best teams have had very poor showings out of conference against weaker teams. Who really stands out in the big 10?

When your supposed best teams (Michican, Wisconsin) cant handle mid major competition.
Ohio State has shown me nothing. They have not beaten a sole and wont really face a challenge in the Big 10 if they really are deserving of the No. 1 ranking.

You are my new best friend :-)

Although, I'm not sure where you got that Wisconsin can't handle mid-major competition. Their losses this year are to Illinois and Penn State. But Wisconsin was wayyy overated to begin the season, they were terrible. But yeah, The big 10 is bad. I actually think they are worse than the ACC and I rank them 5th in the power conferences.

After Michigan got blown out by Oregon and started out 0-2 my friends thought I was crazy when I said that Michigan will still win the big 10 or finish top 2. :-)
statsman88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:48 pm

statsman88 wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Big 10 is horribly overrated this year. There best teams have had very poor showings out of conference against weaker teams. Who really stands out in the big 10?

Although, I'm not sure where you got that Wisconsin can't handle mid-major competition. Their losses this year are to Illinois and Penn State. But Wisconsin was wayyy overated to begin the season, they were terrible. But yeah, The big 10 is bad. I actually think they are worse than the ACC and I rank them 5th in the power conferences.

After Michigan got blown out by Oregon and started out 0-2 my friends thought I was crazy when I said that Michigan will still win the big 10 or finish top 2. :-)

i was refering to the near disaster against the citadel.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:51 pm

statsman88 wrote:

B\Ohio State has shown me nothing. They have not beaten a sole and wont really face a challenge in the Big 10 if they really are deserving of the No. 1 ranking.

Although, I'm not sure where you got that Wisconsin can't handle mid-major competition. Their losses this year are to Illinois and Penn State. But Wisconsin was wayyy overated to begin the season, they were terrible. But yeah, The big 10 is bad.A\ I actually think they are worse than the ACC and I rank them 5th in the power conferences.

A\The Big Ten is down this year but worse than than ACC? I don't think so.
B\ They could beat twelve souls and I don't think you would appreciate an undefeated season.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to College Football