What A Finish to the Week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

What A Finish to the Week

Moderator: Football Moderators

What A Finish to the Week

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:55 pm

I know the Monday Night Game was pretty boring but certain circumstances had me on the edge of my seat until the last second. I was down by 35.8 going into the night with Wayne and MJD, I thought I had a pretty easy win in the bag. So it's half time and Wayne's cruising, a little worried about MJD but I've got 18, halfway there. As the 2nd half comes I get a bit more worried, the MJD TD is nice but it's down to the last 5 or 6 minutes and I'm down by around 6 or 7. Wayne picked up a couple on one catch but I was still left down by 3. I was sure Wayne would catch a TD on the final Colts drive and my heart raced as Manning pumped towards him but alas, he threw it to Clark. By then I'd given up. There was about two and a half minutes left and I turned off the TV. But wait, I was drawn back. And so every play I prayed MJD got the ball. Success! 4 touches and the last drive has MJD getting a miraculous 4.5 points in garbage time to win me the week (but he got injured :-t ).

Best finish of the year yet ;-D
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What A Finish to the Week

Postby Wa-Z » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:05 am

Haha nice win, it's like watching your REAL football team win in a nail biter!! In my case I had a 16 point lead going into tonight...with Wayne...and I was going against Manning and MJD, I thought I'd lose for sure...anyway the last Manning TD closed in on 5 or 6 points to my score...it was painful watching MJD get crap yards!! He may have scored a crap TD at then end had he not got hurt since they were dumping the ball off every play...I held up to win with 3 points though!! ;-D
Wa-Z
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:16 am

I was .75 points down with the Colts D/ST to play. They scored 22 points and I won. Was on the edge of my seat pretty much the entire first 3 seconds, was very happy to see the opening kickoff a success.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Mysteryhunter » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:28 am

exact same situation but better results. i had wayne/manning/clark going and was down by 9 going into the final 4 minutes...then the clark-manning hookup and im sitting at 5-2 :D

though i lost ronnie brown this week so im in it deep...
Mysteryhunter
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby woodson_28 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:28 pm

I had MJD, Addai, Harrison and Vinatieri going for me last night, however, I was down by 85 pts (75-160 - the other guy had Brady), so I turned on my xbox360 and played CoD3 online all night
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting