Check out the evil genius in my league. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Check out the evil genius in my league.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Check out the evil genius in my league.

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:11 am

3rd year of a H-H keeper league that rewards yardage heavily. At last years conclussion he trades Pennington for a draft pick. We all know about Pennington's injury...........

After the draft he has..........

Immediately after the draft he trades John Kitna for Darrell Jackson.

Before the season started gave me L. Toefield (Fraud Taylor's backup) and R. Ferguson for my Jimmy Smith. DOH!!! Taylor is somehow healthy still and Feguson has been on the waiver wire for weeks.

After week 1 he gives me Darrell Jackson for Marc Bulger. DOH!!!!!!!!! I have a personal grude against him now.

Then September 28th he trades Trung Candidate and Atowain Smith for Todd Heap.

Then October 10th he trades for Corey Dillon/Torry Holt and gets Curtis Martin/Ike Hilliard/Steve Mcnair.

Then 2 trades for October 21st #1 he gives his Torry Holt/Domanick Davis for M.Faulk/Amani Toomer

#2 he gives Jerry porter/ Ontario Smith/ Moe Williams for Isaac Bruce/Jeff Blake.

He is sitting pretty at 7-1. The only team to win 7 games. He will have a nice playoff trio of Bulger/Bruce/Faulk who get to go up against the Seahawks/Bengals/Detroit.

That was just the trades!!! I didnt even mention the FA pickups and draft sleepers he pulled off.

You guys think it is out of line to try and get a guy kicked out of your league because you dont trust his madness and cant decipher the method to it?
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Check out the evil genius in my league.

Postby Ronald » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:38 am

Bukoski77 wrote:You guys think it is out of line to try and get a guy kicked out of your league because you dont trust his madness and cant decipher the method to it?

Can't blame a guy for making good moves. Blame yourself and others for allowing such things to happen.

...Man, I wish I could pull off those kinds of deals.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden
Ronald
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:30 am

Scary. Almost seems collusive. I wish I was in a league when everyone was that trade happy.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

TRADES

Postby Daddymike59 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:53 am

Do you know of any "Trade Mandatory" leagues where an owner must make 1 trade and 1 waiver move per week.......... }:-)
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Re: TRADES

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:53 am

Daddymike59 wrote:Do you know of any "Trade Mandatory" leagues where an owner must make 1 trade and 1 waiver move per week.......... }:-)

Wow now that's crazy talk. Seriously, tho, never heard of it. Must be pretty strange
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Re: TRADES

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:19 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:Do you know of any "Trade Mandatory" leagues where an owner must make 1 trade and 1 waiver move per week.......... }:-)

Wow now that's crazy talk. Seriously, tho, never heard of it. Must be pretty strange

I would hate being in a league like that. I think owners should be able to decide if they want to trade or not.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby cwebb » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:04 pm

You could always trade some waiver wire type player for another... in my league, there was only one trade so far all season, and that was me giving up Brad Johnson (I still have Bulger and T. Green) and bench WR Santana Moss for Tony Gonzalez and Brain Westbrook. I still have Holt, Darrell Jackson and Hines Ward at WR and Alexander, Dillon, Pittman and Westbrook for two RB spots.

And I got Bulger and now McNabb from the wire because some guys dropped 'em. ;-D
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:57 pm

Two-thirds of the putzs in my league never reply to trade offers. I could offer Stephen Davis and Steve McNair for Owen Pochman and they'd never even respond.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Orange and Blue » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:07 pm

I don't even think some of those later trades were good trades at all. Torry Holt and Dom. Davis for M. Faulk and Amani Toomer? That's the worst trade I've ever seen! Holt is a top 3 WR this season, with TO deciding that he'd rather play with himself. Dominick Davis is as big of a double threat as Marshall Faulk, having caught at LEAST 7 receptions in each of his last 3 games. 2 weeks ago he had the most touches of anyone in the NFL, last week he got a ton, too. He's averaged WELL over 100 yards from scrimmage each of the past 3 games, and has gotten 100+ yards rushing in every single start. Marshall Faulk, on the other hand... well, you've probably seen some of my rants about him. I've posted them a LOT. They're something to the effect of "So Marshall Faulk was good 2 years ago... GUESS WHAT? SO WERE EDDIE GEORGE AND JEROME BETTIS!!!".

[rant]

Seriously, Faulk was averaging 1 yard per carry (that wasn't a typo- *1 yard*), until he "padded his stats" with a 17 yard run, finishing with 27 yards on 11 carries. He was not injured, then. The Giants weren't stacking the box against him, since Warner was pass-happy. In other words, a healthy Faulk against a non-stacked box averaged under 3 yards a carry. Not only that, but he has FAR more injuries than even Fragile Freddy over the past 2 years. He's getting old, he's getting fragile, and he's no where near the level he was before. Look at what the RBs have done in his absence- Far more than they ever did in his presence. WILL EVERYONE STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM AS IF HE WERE STILL AN ELITE BACK?!?!?! Granted, he has more upside than a lot of RBs in the NFL right now (think: Trung Canidate, T.J. Ducket, Duce Staley), but he has not done anything in almost 2 full years now. Why is everyone so quick to write off Eddie George and Jerome Bettis, yet still consider Faulk (who's performed as bad or worse) to still be a top 10 RB?

[/rant]

So anyway, the guy traded a top 3 WR for a total WR bust and a very promising rookie RB (in a KEEPER LEAGUE!!!) for a washed up and no-longer-elite Faulk. And that was just one trade. Some of those trades were (no offense) flat out mistakes on the side of the opposing party (Come on... D-Jack for Bulger???), some of them were bad, but he fixed them before they became a problem (Kitna for D-Jack was a BAD trade, but luckily he managed to dump D-Jack for Bulger, which saved his QB position). Also, a lot of his players are busts, too (Corey Dillon, anyone?). I'm still not seeing the genius thing, here.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CrimsonTide » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:51 pm

I have to agree with Orange and Blue...

The so-called genius has made so many deals that he's going to come out ahead once and a while. He would have been much better off keeping Holt and Davis. Even the deal with Porter/Smith/Williams for Bruce and Blake is not very good. He's giving up a goal line back on a very good team for Blake? Bruce and Porter are essentially even swaps with Porter healthy not to mention he trade youth away for some geritol players. He would have been much better off not trading a couple of times.

Still a nice record, but records can also be a product of simply catching other teams at the right time. And yes, he has positioned his roster for week 14-16 nicely. But at the same time, do you really want to put all your eggs in the Mike Martz's basket?

As for kicking an active owners out the league, the answer is no way. Unless, he is cheating and making under the table deals those type of owners are great for leagues.
CrimsonTide
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk