Glenn Martinez - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Glenn Martinez

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Glenn Martinez

Postby WebHamster » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:56 pm

This thread contains comments on KC Chance's Sleeper "Glenn Martinez", which was featured in the Cafe's Sleepers section on October 23, 2007. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Glenn Martinez

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:59 pm

Awesome article KC. Incredible job. I really wish I had WR woes in a league after reading that so I could pick him up. In most of my leagues, my WR's are solid though so I probably won't be picking him up.

This is my ultimate definition of a sleeper though. Owned by NOBODY, but you are able to make a convincing case for why he might put up big numbers. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RazzLeDazzLe » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:51 pm

Absolutely... Made a heck of a case for him.

I picked up Stokley this week so I dont think it would be smart to play them both but I'll definitly keep an eye on this guy.
QB: Freeman
RB: Rashad Jennings, Ray Rice, Knowshon Moreno
WR: Calvin Johnson, Jeremy Maclin
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Shayne Graham
D: SD
Bench: Hillis, Knox, Tebow, Woodhead, Ball
RazzLeDazzLe Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby PMoneyTKE » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:51 pm

I'm picking him up and starting him and i'm gonna bitch if he doesn't get 100 yards + a TD and blame my loss next week on you. ;-7
Alright so i'm kidding :-b

Great sleeper as always KC ;-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pats4four » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:56 pm

Nice read and som einteresting thoughts on this guy, btw I guessed which team he played for so do I get extra points for Trivia Time Trial?

There was however, one thing I would disagree with you and it's what you said aboout the Packer's pass D. You said that it is 'average' but they've one of the best if not the best CB tandem in the league with Woodson and Harris and they've got a good pass rush with KGB and Kampman so I'd say that they're more than just 'average'.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby latraffic » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:11 pm

Pats4four wrote:Nice read and som einteresting thoughts on this guy, btw I guessed which team he played for so do I get extra points for Trivia Time Trial?

:-) Nope. I speciafically worded it "Award yourself ten bonus points" in case anyone took me serious and thought I had some authority to award ANYTHING in the Cafe. The best I can do is honor you with another emoticon. Here you go = :-L

Pats4four wrote:There was however, one thing I would disagree with you and it's what you said aboout the Packer's pass D. You said that it is 'average' but they've one of the best if not the best CB tandem in the league with Woodson and Harris and they've got a good pass rush with KGB and Kampman so I'd say that they're more than just 'average'.

Uh. Sure, those names sound good. Unfortunately for Green Bay' and their loyal Cheeseheads, the Pack's pass attack is ranked 22 out of 32 teams.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby latraffic » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:13 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:I'm picking him up and starting him and i'm gonna bitch if he doesn't get 100 yards + a TD and blame my loss next week on you. ;-7
Alright so i'm kidding :-b

Great sleeper as always KC ;-D

:-b

Fair enough. If he does go off and make a name for himself Monday, I expect roses and all the credit for your win.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TomG » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:21 am

I've got my week riding on Mr. Martinez now. In one of my leagues I was desperate for help at WR this week. Most of my WR's were either injured (Marvin Harrison) or on a bye (Branch, TO, Roddy White). I picked up Martinez (to go with Calvin Johnson and Jurevicius, also a bye week pick up). Well, tonight I have Scheffler, and Glenn Martinez going against Greg Jennings and the GB D and I'm down by 6 points.
TomG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Article Discussions