Pull your pants up when in Dallas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Pull your pants up when in Dallas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pull your pants up when in Dallas

Postby eastcoaster » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:23 am

This brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "fashion police".....authorities in Dallas are trying to pass a "no sagging" ordinance:

Anti-sagging campaign
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pull your pants up when in Dallas

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:25 am

Sorry they put this into place for you Mad. :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:08 am

These ordinances are becoming more and more popular around the country.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:37 am

i'm going to burn my pants in protest. 8-o
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:57 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Sorry they put this into place for you Mad. :-b

Yeah, it's all my fault. O:-)

Actually, looking at the idiot in the picture shows Dallas isn't all rednecks. :-b

Glad to see this getting some attention though. Quite a few high schools/junior highs have already adopted dress codes to stop it. Really makes no sense to go around looking trashy, so I've never understood this "fad" at all. Buy pants that fit. It's not that difficult.

Oh, and that article is a bit silly on one point. Dallas officers are not too busy or overworked to put a stop to this. They've been happily and constantly shutting down the underground poker rooms, and the cherry master game rooms, so at $500 per fine on the saggy pants thing (if they use the same fine as Delcambre, La.), they'll make a ton more money out watching on the streets than they will with bothering with some of what they are currently doing.

If anyone from the Dallas Council reads this, pass this law! ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:10 am

moonhead wrote:i'm going to burn my pants in protest. 8-o

Make sure you take them off first. :-B
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:21 am

Louisiana and stomperrob beat you to it
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:44 am

While I think that walking around with your pants sagging looks pretty stupid, I think this ordinance is a bunch of BS. Unless you are exposing yourself the government, local or federal, has absolutely no right to tell you how to dress or look. Whats next? No more spikes or chains...no more colored hair, or visible tattoos? No more black T-shirts? No more long hair for men? No more wearing shorts in public? Attention! All males must now wear tan khakis, penny loafers and a tucked in white collared shirt. Women must wear skirts that cover below the knee and have no cleavage showing. Gimmie a break. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:56 am

Metroid wrote:While I think that walking around with your pants sagging looks pretty stupid, I think this ordinance is a bunch of BS. Unless you are exposing yourself the government, local or federal, has absolutely no right to tell you how to dress or look. Whats next? No more spikes or chains...no more colored hair, or visible tattoos? No more black T-shirts? No more long hair for men? No more wearing shorts in public? Attention! All males must now wear tan khakis, penny loafers and a tucked in white collared shirt. Women must wear skirts that cover below the knee and have no cleavage showing. Gimmie a break. :-?

I agree. If they can't wear their pants this way, they'll just come up with something even more stupid, so what are they going to do... keep making up laws? :-?

Eventually, they could be dressing like this:
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:58 am

Metroid wrote:While I think that walking around with your pants sagging looks pretty stupid, I think this ordinance is a bunch of BS. Unless you are exposing yourself the government, local or federal, has absolutely no right to tell you how to dress or look. Whats next? No more spikes or chains...no more colored hair, or visible tattoos? No more black T-shirts? No more long hair for men? No more wearing shorts in public? Attention! All males must now wear tan khakis, penny loafers and a tucked in white collared shirt. Women must wear skirts that cover below the knee and have no cleavage showing. Gimmie a break. :-?

I'll disagree due to it costing the city tax money that could be used on programs to get more teachers in school, help the needy, etc. From the article:

"Let's say an executive has agreed to consider southern Dallas to consider sites for supermarkets, well-known national stores, etc. The first thing any retail business executive is going to want to do is tour the area," Mr. Davis said. "If you pick him or her up from the airport, get off the highway and see people showing their underwear and various body parts, you are likely to get 'no' for an answer and watch your business opportunities go down the drain."

So people walking around with their underwear hanging out, for no other reason than to seek attention, does and will drive away businesses from moving in, which in turn costs the city money, which in turn leaves less money to help the needy, help the schools, or anything else that the city needs to do. Logical conclusion would be that taxes would be raised if funding isn't available for those programs, so in the long run it could cost taxpayers money, and all because these people don't want to buy clothes that fit, or don't want to wear a belt, and are doing nothing but seeking attention. Seems pretty selfish and silly to me, and I'm aware taxes won't be raised tomorrow or anything if this law doesn't get instituted, so don't misunderstand, but the natural flow of things could reach that point somewhere down the road. And all due to sagging pants? Meh, not worth it at all. Institute the law, enforce the law, and move on.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk