Pull your pants up when in Dallas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Pull your pants up when in Dallas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Pull your pants up when in Dallas

Postby Tiki » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:06 pm

Madison wrote:
"Let's say an executive has agreed to consider southern Dallas to consider sites for supermarkets, well-known national stores, etc. The first thing any retail business executive is going to want to do is tour the area," Mr. Davis said. "If you pick him or her up from the airport, get off the highway and see people showing their underwear and various body parts, you are likely to get 'no' for an answer and watch your business opportunities go down the drain."

So people walking around with their underwear hanging out, for no other reason than to seek attention, does and will drive away businesses from moving in, which in turn costs the city money, which in turn leaves less money to help the needy, help the schools, or anything else that the city needs to do. Logical conclusion would be that taxes would be raised if funding isn't available for those programs, so in the long run it could cost taxpayers money, and all because these people don't want to buy clothes that fit, or don't want to wear a belt, and are doing nothing but seeking attention. Seems pretty selfish and silly to me, and I'm aware taxes won't be raised tomorrow or anything if this law doesn't get instituted, so don't misunderstand, but the natural flow of things could reach that point somewhere down the road. And all due to sagging pants? Meh, not worth it at all. Institute the law, enforce the law, and move on.

That might be one of the stupidest things I've ever read, and more of a stretch than Mr. Fantastic....People sag fellas get over it, and those cops or whoever in Dallas should have better things to do like catching criminals in the trap...Why are some people so stupid these days... :-P
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 5 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:12 pm

Seriously, doesn't Texas have more important things to worry about?
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:16 pm

5 wrote:Seriously, doesn't Texas have more important things to worry about?

surely they have another retarded person to send to the electric chair.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:19 pm

moonhead wrote:

LOL!!!
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:31 pm

Metroid wrote:
moonhead wrote:

LOL!!!

OMG... LOL x 2! :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby 5 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:12 pm

moonhead wrote:

Be nice. He is our president. :-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:13 pm

5 wrote:
moonhead wrote:

Be nice. He is our president. :-o

HEY-O!!!!!!! :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:20 pm

Tiki wrote:
Madison wrote:
"Let's say an executive has agreed to consider southern Dallas to consider sites for supermarkets, well-known national stores, etc. The first thing any retail business executive is going to want to do is tour the area," Mr. Davis said. "If you pick him or her up from the airport, get off the highway and see people showing their underwear and various body parts, you are likely to get 'no' for an answer and watch your business opportunities go down the drain."

So people walking around with their underwear hanging out, for no other reason than to seek attention, does and will drive away businesses from moving in, which in turn costs the city money, which in turn leaves less money to help the needy, help the schools, or anything else that the city needs to do. Logical conclusion would be that taxes would be raised if funding isn't available for those programs, so in the long run it could cost taxpayers money, and all because these people don't want to buy clothes that fit, or don't want to wear a belt, and are doing nothing but seeking attention. Seems pretty selfish and silly to me, and I'm aware taxes won't be raised tomorrow or anything if this law doesn't get instituted, so don't misunderstand, but the natural flow of things could reach that point somewhere down the road. And all due to sagging pants? Meh, not worth it at all. Institute the law, enforce the law, and move on.

That might be one of the stupidest things I've ever read, and more of a stretch than Mr. Fantastic....

No, it's not stupid at all. Why would a business decide to open in a bad neighborhood, or a neighborhood that was likely to go downhill? Building in an area where people have zero respect for themselves or others would be stupid. In turn, less businesses equals less money (lower employment too), and money has to come from somewhere, so say "hello" to higher taxes. Like it or not, that's how it works.

If you want to argue personal liberties, feel free, or if you want to argue the "where does it stop?" part, that's cool too, as both of those have some sort of ground and reasoning behind it. If you want to say businesses are stupid for avoiding areas that are unappealing, or want to say cities are stupid for trying to keep cities clean and respectable in order to bring businesses in, well, that argument is so weak it's not even worth the web space to respond.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:21 pm

moonhead wrote:

We need to get that Death Row Express Lane completed. ;-D

}:-)

:-D

I'm smiling, but serious at the same time. :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:44 pm

Heh, no one has mentioned the likely racial element to this proposed ordinance, huh? :-? }:-)

I've got no problem with people sagging their pants down to their knees. If they want to look like a fool, that's their right. Some designer brands have also made jeans that are meant to sag, with some even going as far as sewing in the top half of faux boxers to keep the appearance of sagging, so you don't have to wear boxers if you don't want to.

The hypothetical given in the article, about a business seeing someone walking around with sagged pants and then pulling their planned investment in that neighborhood is garbage too.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk