Pull your pants up when in Dallas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Pull your pants up when in Dallas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Pull your pants up when in Dallas

Postby eastcoaster » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 pm

I see it as more generational than racial. Around here, lots of folks sag - doesn't matter about the race.
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:13 pm

Madison wrote:If you want to argue personal liberties, feel free, or if you want to argue the "where does it stop?" part, that's cool too, as both of those have some sort of ground and reasoning behind it. If you want to say businesses are stupid for avoiding areas that are unappealing, or want to say cities are stupid for trying to keep cities clean and respectable in order to bring businesses in, well, that argument is so weak it's not even worth the web space to respond.

You clearly haven't been to a college campus or a high school in awhile...A LOT OF KIDS SAG! I'd say around 90% sag a little, I don't know how many sag like the fella in that pic., but a lot do, but since their shirts are so long you can't see it. It's not just in "bad neighborhoods". And saying they don't have self-respect because they sag I find that pathetic...I agree it's a little ridiculous, but damn man your categorizing a whole group with very little knowledge of it...I doubt because a client sees a person sagging a ridiculous amount they'll go "bad neighborhood, next"....That's just plain stupid, cause you can go to the burbs and see that. You're ignorant to the subject, ease up Madison.

No maybe I misread your first post, but what I got from it was a potential buyer sees a person sagging a lot and says no.... :-? :-t
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:30 pm

Tiki wrote:
Madison wrote:If you want to argue personal liberties, feel free, or if you want to argue the "where does it stop?" part, that's cool too, as both of those have some sort of ground and reasoning behind it. If you want to say businesses are stupid for avoiding areas that are unappealing, or want to say cities are stupid for trying to keep cities clean and respectable in order to bring businesses in, well, that argument is so weak it's not even worth the web space to respond.

You clearly haven't been to a college campus or a high school in awhile...A LOT OF KIDS SAG! I'd say around 90% sag a little, I don't know how many sag like the fella in that pic., but a lot do, but since their shirts are so long you can't see it. It's not just in "bad neighborhoods". And saying they don't have self-respect because they sag I find that pathetic...I agree it's a little ridiculous, but damn man your categorizing a whole group with very little knowledge of it...I doubt because a client sees a person sagging a ridiculous amount they'll go "bad neighborhood, next"....That's just plain stupid, cause you can go to the burbs and see that. You're ignorant to the subject, ease up Madison.

No maybe I misread your first post, but what I got from it was a potential buyer sees a person sagging a lot and says no.... :-? :-t

There's a difference in sagging a little and the pics. I even pointed that out earlier in this thread. ;-)

Self respect is not showing your rear or your underwear to the public, and also caring what the pulic thinks of you, so we definitely disagree on the definition. Here's one from dictionary.com though:

self-respect [selfriˈspekt] noun

respect for oneself and concern for one's reputation

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/self%20respect

And I'm not ignorant on the situation, I'm giving the business side and the city side of things, which you clearly cannot bring yourself to see. People tend to only look at one side of the coin on issues - their side, instead of viewing it from all angles. I've said the personal liberty and "where does it stop?" points have merit, so I'm seeing the other side here, even though you can't see the business or city side. In the case of a business, talking millions (and possibly billions) of dollars, if they find an area unappealing (and granted, it would be due to more than just sagging, but sagging does add to the problem) they won't build there. That's bad for the city and the residents, so the city has to find ways to make the city more appealing to new businesses and new residents alike. If that means instituting laws to stop the sagging, then that's what they are going to do. Simple as that. No different than profane language laws or anything else. Heck, the city even tells you when your grass is too high and fines you for it because they are concerned about the appearance of the city as a whole. Sagging will be put to a stop as well I'm sure.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:31 pm

I get what you're saying about a business, that's common sense. But, caring about what other people, who don't get it, think I feel isn't self-respect. Don't care what the dictionary says, I got self respect, but you honestly think I care about what the next person thinks of me, because I sag, or because I am wearing some other article of clothing another way, I don't. Screw them. That's just being self-conscience. All I am saying that a business won't go there because people are sagging. They might not build there because of crime, they are targeting a different age group, or demographic. You're putting way too much emphasis on a little thing. And I think it's ludicrous (Met), crazy etc. that someone would think that.

A multi-million/billion dollar company doesn't build in an area because when school gets let out there are kids with baggy pants...A fashion that is in right now, no way buddy. We didn't just land on Plymouth Rock here.

I see the other side of your "coin" and I think that it's whacko.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:51 pm

Bah, I typed up a whole big thing but it's just not worth it, so I'll just agree to disagree Tiki. ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:52 pm

Madison wrote:Bah, I typed up a whole big thing but it's just not worth it, so I'll just agree to disagree Tiki. ;-D

Admit it. You sagged your pants down to your knees and found you liked it. :-B
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tiki » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:53 pm

Madison wrote:Bah, I typed up a whole big thing but it's just not worth it, so I'll just agree to disagree Tiki. ;-D

Slacker. ;-)

;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:58 pm

beanoX3 wrote:

Where did I say that I never sagged my pants as a kid?

Just because I see the adult side, business side, and city side, and fully understand that their side is vastly more important than the kid side, that doesn't mean I never saw the kid side of the issue, or I wasn't a part of the problem in my youth. ;-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:27 pm

Madison wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:

Where did I say that I never sagged my pants as a kid?

Just because I see the adult side, business side, and city side, and fully understand that their side is vastly more important than the kid side, that doesn't mean I never saw the kid side of the issue, or I wasn't a part of the problem in my youth. ;-)

Actually, I meant just now. :-]
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:36 pm

beanoX3 wrote:Actually, I meant just now. :-]

Nah, if I wanted to sag now, I'd just buy some MC Hammer pants (yeah, yeah, I know, I know, he's just "Hammer" now). :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk