Homerism at its finest - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Homerism at its finest

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Homerism at its finest

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:33 pm

Cowboys would be a bad one to do it with this year, as they will most certainly clinch HFA early. Pats maybe not, because the Colts are a force, and they are on a mission. If you were going to do this in recent years, a Palmer Rudi, Housh tandem would have been almost perfect, because you would probably lose only the by week and the odd week they got shut down.

Still risky business though.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:01 pm

eaglesrule wrote:Cowboys would be a bad one to do it with this year, as they will most certainly clinch HFA early. Pats maybe not, because the Colts are a force, and they are on a mission. If you were going to do this in recent years, a Palmer Rudi, Housh tandem would have been almost perfect, because you would probably lose only the by week and the odd week they got shut down.

Still risky business though.

cowboys are no bet to clinch home field, the giants are right behind them and other nfc teams like the packers have comparable records.

one of my leagues an owner got the rams offense (bulger, holt, sjax), guess how that team is doing.......

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:19 pm

Well, I'd say "they are a bet" considering they were many's pick to do it, and they currently lead. My opinion is that they are that much better, but, that's why they play the games. And remember, the margin is only a game, but for practical reasons, its really two games unless people think the Giants will beat the Patriots.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:44 pm

i do agree with you that the cowboys will have home field in the end, i just think they are going to be playing till the very end to make sure of it.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk