Is it too early to talk about Brady owning the season TD rec - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it too early to talk about Brady owning the season TD rec

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is it too early to talk about Brady owning the season TD rec

Postby LT Blue Colt » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:44 pm

I'm intrigued to see if he can claim what has been Peyton's for only a short amount of time. Simple figures show 7 games = 27 TD's. What will the 9 games left equal. He only needs 22 more to tie. I'd like to see it happen. Records being broken is one of my favorite parts of sports. Getting the chance to be around when something happens that could last a century, a decade, or only a year. It's exciting either way.
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is it too early to talk about Brady owning the season TD rec

Postby mikus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:50 pm

I started thinking about this two weeks ago, and then he turned up the heat on Manning by throwing five TDs against Dallas and six against Miami.

I do think he can do it, but only time will tell. The weather may play a role down the stretch, but right now Mother Nature might be the only thing that can derail the Brady train.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:58 pm

Peyton didn't have the WR options that Brady does. New England is also a more solid team than Indy was. The only thing that can prevent Brady from setting the record is an injury.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:04 pm

brady will definetly get the record.

if he doesn't, i will wear the patriots paper bag avatar for the entirety of the 2008-2009 nfl season. feel free to quote me on this ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm

Flyn high again wrote:Peyton didn't have the WR options that Brady does. New England is also a more solid team than Indy was. The only thing that can prevent Brady from setting the record is an injury.
Harrison, Wayne and Stokely in 2004 was no laughable matter.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby meatwad10 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:07 pm

I don't think receivers should play a huge role in this discussion. Manning had T=two stellar first rounders in Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, and a great third receiver in Brandon Stokely, and of course Edgerrin James catching 50 or so passes. Brady has a great receiving corps this year also, but to say that the Colts didn't have similar talent/production is not true. All in all I believe that Brady should break the single season touchdown record, but I don't think he will slaughter the record as some people seem to think; I can see him beating it by a handful of touchdowns.
meatwad10
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AEMRICH » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:19 pm

Flyn high again wrote:Peyton didn't have the WR options that Brady does. New England is also a more solid team than Indy was. The only thing that can prevent Brady from setting the record is an injury.

i hope you are joking about the WR's.
QB: Manning
RB: Addai/Edge
WR: Walker/Driver/ Santana Moss
RB/WR: Ronnie Brown
TE: Shockey
K: Stover
DEF: Carolina

BN: K. Jones, Deangelo Williams, Favre, Braylon Edwards, Kenton Keith, Trent Green, Selvin Young
AEMRICH
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:59 pm

AEMRICH wrote:

By options, I mean Brady always has someone open. More quantity of good receivers. When Watson comes back from injury, that is 4 solid receiving options.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:29 pm

Flyn high again wrote:
AEMRICH wrote:

By options, I mean Brady always has someone open. More quantity of good receivers. When Watson comes back from injury, that is 4 solid receiving options.

And having Wayne, Harrison, Stokely, Edge and Dallas Clark aren't 5 great options?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:07 pm

No, not too early. Obviously. I expect it to happen, not just consider it a possibility. It largely depends on what his role is down the stretch as well though.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk