GC: Redskins vs Patriots [Week 8] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Redskins vs Patriots [Week 8]

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Redskins vs Patriots [Week 8]

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:15 am

Brillonius wrote:Been a Pats fan as long as I can remember, therefore I am admittedly biased. So...

Bill Belichick is a complete ass. IMO he is a miserable human being who just happens to be an outstanding football coach. He is most definitely not a "people person". That said, there are 30 other cities in the league who'd murder their head coaches in their sleep if it meant he would take over their team (the only exception, I believe, would be Indy). And almost every fan in those cities would make the same "excuses" for him that NE fans do. Why? Well, the most honest answer is because he wins games. I was going to write something about "standing up for your own", but the truth is, if he were a losing coach he'd have been out the door. He's a winner and people love winners (except the ones losing at his expense, which is just about everyone these days...)

People can bitch and moan about "Cameragate" all they want, and it will only fuel the fire. Can't you see it's exactly what Belichick wants? Before this season everyone was talking about how great the Pats are, how they are role models, how they are the shining standard to which the rest of the league should aspire. Pretty heady stuff, easy for players to lose their edge. How does Belichick keep them motivated? How does he take the new "America's Team" and convince them that it's still "us vs. the world, boys!"? "Cameragate" was exactly what Bill needed to take an already excellent team and make them scary, scary good. Hell, if I didn't know better I'd say Mangini was sent to NY on the Patriots behalf. Look what he's done for them, and look what he's done for the Jets...We all know Belichick is just crazy enough to have thought of it.

I have no problems with the players on the field though. No self-respecting player pulls himself out of the game. They play until they are told not to play. They make the plays their coaches tell them to make. If the other team can't stop them...well, that's too damn bad. Wash supposedly had the #5 DEF in the league, and they lose 52-7? NE shouldn't be the ones ashamed of what they did on the field, and I doubt they are.

Karma is a bitch, and Bill will get his sooner or later, but to play that card you gotta be able to deal...and I don't see anyone this season who can.
This is the best first post in the history of first posts. I totally agree.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting