GC: Packers vs Broncos [Week 8 - Monday Night Football] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Packers vs Broncos [Week 8 - Monday Night Football]

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Packers vs Broncos [Week 8 - Monday Night Football]

Postby madaslives911 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:24 pm

The Lung wrote:I was down by 25 points in my matchup in the Cafe's Devil's Castle Dynasty League going into MNF with just TE Donald Lee and WR Greg Jennings playing. I was still down 14 points going into OT. The 82-yard TD to Jennings gave me 8 points for the yardage, 6 for the TD, and one for the reception = 15 points and the win, WOO-HOO!!!

Wow, Congrats Lung! ;-)
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ukbsktbll » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:33 pm

cant believe the broncos are doing so badly
ukbsktbll
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Popcynical » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:34 pm

I was behind 18 points in one league with Jennings and the Packers D/ST to start. I was behind 40 points in another league with Jennings, Kampman, and the Packers D/ST to start. I won both leagues. ;-D
Last edited by Popcynical on Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:37 pm

ukbsktbll wrote:cant believe the broncos are doing so badly

all in all they played a good game I thought. That fumble on the one yard line obviously cost them big time. Can't throw away points like that. The draw play I liked, but they already ran the same play for a first down. The packers read that play well and played good defense. It was a risky call that they thought would at least net them the first and a spike, but then they had to scramble for the fg. Also, stokley was open right before that on the corner route, but cutler missed him wide. Poor coverage by harris.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby coleman1027 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:43 pm

The Jennings touchdown took me from 9 down to 2 up ;-D

Keeps me in the title chase :-)
coleman1027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:50 pm

skibrett15 wrote:

all in all they played a good game I thought. That fumble on the one yard line obviously cost them big time. Can't throw away points like that. The draw play I liked, but they already ran the same play for a first down. The packers read that play well and played good defense. It was a risky call that they thought would at least net them the first and a spike, but then they had to scramble for the fg. Also, stokley was open right before that on the corner route, but cutler missed him wide. Poor coverage by harris.

It was marshall not stokley who was open and cutler underthrew him, though it looked like marshall got his feet tangled up with the DB on the play. The broncos also got robbed on the holding call negating a 40-50 yard run by young. Btw, marshall made an amazing run just to get minimal yardage earlier in the game.

Favre abused bly and the broncos nickel corner tonight, thus the passing success.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:30 am

DVauthrin wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:

It was marshall not stokley who was open and cutler underthrew him, though it looked like marshall got his feet tangled up with the DB on the play. The broncos also got robbed on the holding call negating a 40-50 yard run by young. Btw, marshall made an amazing run just to get minimal yardage earlier in the game.

Favre abused bly and the broncos nickel corner tonight, thus the passing success.

Yeah, he has experience with bly from detroit, and it did look like their feet got tangled. Agree that was a bogus holding call. If it was anything it should have been block in the back, but it wasn't even that.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SacKings384 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:56 am

I was up 11 going into this game. He had Henry, and Packers D... I was up 3 going into the fourth quarter. Needless to say, I was on the edge of my seat all game. What a game!
SacKings384
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Teck » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:45 am

It's funny seeing how many people depended on wynn here. I wouldn't expect to see him back after that performance by Grant.
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:50 am

Absolutely unfathomable ending...

I was winning my game by 43 points and my opponent had Favre and Jennings left. I got a horrible performance out of Gore and Eli had all those TDs dropped but I thought no big deal. Then this game was going just fine, and I was actually just hoping that the Pack stopped Denver on 4th down and the game would have been over. Instead, they tie it with no time left, and before I even sit back down to watch overtime, Favre hits Jennings for a 25 point play between the 2 of them and I lose by 5 points. The kicker? He started 6 of 8 guys because he had so many valuable/undroppable guys minorly injured or on byes.

Time to suck start a pistol...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting