Give Out Your Gameball: Week 8/9/10 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Give Out Your Gameball: Week 8/9/10

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Give Out Your Gameball: Week 9

Postby bogans » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:53 am

Gotta give out a gameball this week to Selvin Young. Even though every guy on my team played well and it was an overall effort, on Saturday I had no idea whether I would even have a second RB and was a bit worried. Selvin not only provided a spark for my team, but he carried us to high score of the week and a 9-1 record, with my closest competition at 7-3. Feeling pretty good, might bench a couple of my guys and rest them for the playoffs, I think I clinched a bye already.
bogans
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby IHaveHumanPlayers » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:12 pm

My Week 10 Gameball goes to Big Ben Roethlisberger. The 30-yard touchdown scramble sealed the deal for me. ;-D

Honorable mentions: Brandon Jacobs with another solid game. Chris Henry coming off suspension and racking up 99 yards.
The J.J. Brown Remix: 7-4-0
AD! Three years in a row, baby!
IHaveHumanPlayers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby IHaveHumanPlayers » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:24 pm

bogans wrote:Gotta give out a gameball this week to Selvin Young. Even though every guy on my team played well and it was an overall effort, on Saturday I had no idea whether I would even have a second RB and was a bit worried. Selvin not only provided a spark for my team, but he carried us to high score of the week and a 9-1 record, with my closest competition at 7-3. Feeling pretty good, might bench a couple of my guys and rest them for the playoffs, I think I clinched a bye already.

Even if you bench them, won't they still play in reality?
The J.J. Brown Remix: 7-4-0
AD! Three years in a row, baby!
IHaveHumanPlayers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bogans » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:32 pm

IHaveHumanPlayers wrote:
bogans wrote:Gotta give out a gameball this week to Selvin Young. Even though every guy on my team played well and it was an overall effort, on Saturday I had no idea whether I would even have a second RB and was a bit worried. Selvin not only provided a spark for my team, but he carried us to high score of the week and a 9-1 record, with my closest competition at 7-3. Feeling pretty good, might bench a couple of my guys and rest them for the playoffs, I think I clinched a bye already.

Even if you bench them, won't they still play in reality?

it was a joke
bogans
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Give Out Your Gameball: Week 8/9/10

Postby Patchell » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:33 pm

I have to give out my gameball to DJ Hackett for his terrific performance last night. Way to win it for me in 2 leagues!

Also a very special gameball goes out to the ageless one Brett Favre for being the only person to put up 28+ points on any of my fantasy teams.
Patchell
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby rmfc07 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:08 pm

Game ball for this week goes to Tony Romo and his offensive live.. again!
rmfc07
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:11 pm

i'm going cribbs. I play in two leagues that give out a point for every 25 return yards, and obviously the touchdown. I play him figuring I'd get the "safe" three or four points, rather than a bagel that some WR 2 and 3 give you. Huge day.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby letsgobirds » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:38 pm

Won by double my opponents team total, so really didn't need one specific performance, but I'll go with Shockey just because I'm hoping it's a sign of things to continue.
letsgobirds
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KK_Cowboy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:28 pm

Although I did make one dumb move that cost me the game last week, I will give out 3 gameballs

Chatman and Lynch for a 1-2 punch at RB and Warner for 3 TD's, just a shame he didn't throw any to Boldin though :(.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MasterOfDisaster » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:07 am

My gameball's going to Brian Westbrook, 3 TDs and 183 all purpose yards. He might get another one since Philly's playing Miami this week.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions of this post are just that, opinions. Success is not guaranteed. Please use your own judgement before making your decisions. If you are answering a topic I made, thanks for your help and I will always answer any link you leave.
MasterOfDisaster
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Playing Tecmo Super Bowl - You don't know about Montana to Rice!

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting