Can we talk about the RED SOX here? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Can we talk about the RED SOX here?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Can we talk about the RED SOX here?

Postby mikus » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:12 am

beanoX3 wrote:Baseball season is way too long IMO. Cuts into football season and interrupts the new fall TV season. :-t


True dat. I missed Kitchen Nightmares last Wednesday b/c of the World Series. :-t
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Re: Can we talk about the RED SOX here?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:40 am

YAY! :-b

I actually did watch most of three of the games in the series. Which is strange for me. I can watch baseball in the playoffs, but that's about it. The Rockies never looked good in the series though.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: Can we talk about the RED SOX here?

Postby Atog » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:46 am

I think I could count on one hand all of the teams that I'd rather the Red Sox win the world series than. Actually, let's try!
Yankees, Giants, Rangers, Astros, Indians, and White Sox.
6 :-°
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 4660
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Can we talk about the RED SOX here?

Postby eastcoaster » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:00 pm

Atog wrote:I think I could count on one hand all of the teams that I'd rather the Red Sox win the world series than. Actually, let's try!
Yankees, Giants, Rangers, Astros, Indians, and White Sox.
6 :-°


Are you a lefty or a righty? Either way, that extra finger must help ;-D

:-b
Image
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3147
Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Charlotte, NC...2008 GOM: 49

Re: Can we talk about the RED SOX here?

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:13 pm

eastcoaster wrote:
Atog wrote:I think I could count on one hand all of the teams that I'd rather the Red Sox win the world series than. Actually, let's try!
Yankees, Giants, Rangers, Astros, Indians, and White Sox.
6 :-°


Are you a lefty or a righty? Either way, that extra finger must help ;-D

:-b


:-b

Why no love for the Rangers Atog? Didn't know we had haters out there, so we must be moving up in the world. I've got no clue how though, we've stunk for awhile now. !+)
Image

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

User avatar
ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5979
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Can we talk about the RED SOX here?

Postby Atog » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:44 pm

Madison wrote:Why no love for the Rangers Atog? Didn't know we had haters out there, so we must be moving up in the world. I've got no clue how though, we've stunk for awhile now. !+)


That's not really the case...I'm just predisposed against Texas and Ohio. I didn't list the Reds because Cincinnati is only like half Ohio. Wait, didn't Pete Rose play there? In that case, add them to the list.
And for the record, I'm left-handed. With 5 fingers B-)
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 4660
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Can we talk about the RED SOX here?

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:05 pm

Atog wrote:
Madison wrote:Why no love for the Rangers Atog? Didn't know we had haters out there, so we must be moving up in the world. I've got no clue how though, we've stunk for awhile now. !+)


That's not really the case...I'm just predisposed against Texas and Ohio. I didn't list the Reds because Cincinnati is only like half Ohio. Wait, didn't Pete Rose play there? In that case, add them to the list.
And for the record, I'm left-handed. With 5 fingers B-)


Ah, ok, that makes sense then. Tons of people hate the state, so that's normal. :-b

That's 7 teams you're up to now. Want to add the Houston Astros to the list? :-b
Image

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

User avatar
ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5979
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Can we talk about the RED SOX here?

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:15 pm

Is it just me or have the last few WS been really boring? I haven't checked but I am thinking the last four at least have been either a sweep or a five game win. Hardly exciting to watch.
Image
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6196
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Canada

Re: Can we talk about the RED SOX here?

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:38 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Is it just me or have the last few WS been really boring? I haven't checked but I am thinking the last four at least have been either a sweep or a five game win. Hardly exciting to watch.


The last 4 World Series have gone a total of 17 games, one over the minimum, and the AL has swept 3 of them.

I can only imagine what this Series win is going to do to the heads of Red Sox Nation. 8-o
Image
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5373
Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Can we talk about the RED SOX here?

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:48 pm

I personally don't find wearing red socks fashionable, although I understand those who do.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:09 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact