Derek Anderson Owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Derek Anderson Owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Derek Anderson Owners

Postby fantasynewbie7 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:32 am

Give yourselves a pat on the back. This guy has been immense. I originally had Kitna as my starting QB but Kitna has gone down the drain the past 3-4 weeks and Anderson has been on Fire. I picked up Anderson on the WW 4 weeks ago and he has been nothing short of awesome. IMO, he has easily been the best WW pickup of the year. He is currently ranked the #3 QB in my league behind Brady and Romo. I just hope the browns stay in playoff contention for the rest of the season so Anderson can start the rest of the way. Quinn Who?
fantasynewbie7
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Derek Anderson Owners

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:57 am

Are you going to try to sell High on Anderson or do you believe he's the real deal and will continue to start him the rest of the season?
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fantasynewbie7 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:04 am

tbh, I was going to sell him but the way he and braylon are connecting with one another and throw in kellen in there I think I'm going to stick with him the rest of the way. If the browns start going on a losing streak then I will sell him cause I think at that point the browns will go with brady quinn. I looked at Anderson's Fantasy Playoff Schedule (week 15 and 16) it looks really favourable with cincy and I forgot the other team. I think he could continue to put up huge number just as long as browns stay in playoff contention.
fantasynewbie7
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:06 am

Phil Savage, there GM even said that he's been there MVP. I think considering that he's a restricted FA next season, they'll keep him in to showcase a possible trade.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby tsunami001 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:16 am

yeah he got picked up right before week 4 in my league...he's the one pickup that I really wished I hadn't missed..
Farewell #21, you will be missed dearly..
sig courtesy of eskins
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:33 am

I missed him in FA, went with Warner instead :~( ...but I dealt Branch for him and im happy with the trade.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby fantasynewbie7 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:47 am

eaglesfan wrote:I missed him in FA, went with Warner instead :~( ...but I dealt Branch for him and im happy with the trade.

are you going to trade him or hold on to him the rest of the way?
Last edited by fantasynewbie7 on Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
fantasynewbie7
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:23 am

He is a great pickup I must say, I stayed away from him and thought it was a fluke, boy was I wrong...but knowing me I would of probably tried to sell high on him a few weeks ago, as of now he's worth keeping and starting...he's playing excellent, no one is talking about quinn anymore, and he looks to be a star in this league...if he keeps this up all year, I question whether they should even trade him, hell Rivers sat 2 years behind Brees before playing, and they dont know if Quinn is a bust, personally id keep Anderson because with a great qb your team can go anywhere, unless someone is offering a deal they cant pass up
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:07 am

fantasynewbie7 wrote:
eaglesfan wrote:I missed him in FA, went with Warner instead :~( ...but I dealt Branch for him and im happy with the trade.

are you going to trade him or hold on to him the rest of the way?

Im holding him....I think he'll do well the rest of the way. His playoff schedule is pretty nice I believe as well.

LS2throwed wrote:He is a great pickup I must say, I stayed away from him and thought it was a fluke, boy was I wrong...but knowing me I would of probably tried to sell high on him a few weeks ago, as of now he's worth keeping and starting...he's playing excellent, no one is talking about quinn anymore, and he looks to be a star in this league...if he keeps this up all year, I question whether they should even trade him, hell Rivers sat 2 years behind Brees before playing, and they dont know if Quinn is a bust, personally id keep Anderson because with a great qb your team can go anywhere, unless someone is offering a deal they cant pass up

The report I read said they will put a high priority on Anderson possibly a 1st & a 3rd. Vikings, Bears...being teams interested.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:50 am

He wouldn't do as great a job fantasy wise with the vikings or bears....they dont have two potent offensive weapons like braylon and winslow to throw to.

but i think anderson would do a good job handing off the ball to adrian peterson

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk