Derek Anderson Owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Derek Anderson Owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Derek Anderson Owners

Postby Athrun340 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:41 pm

I knew this guy has talent .. I was impressed with him last year when he beat the chiefs. He was poised and very calm in the pocket.

btw, Im gonna hold on to him.
Athrun340
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onnestabe » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:44 pm

eaglesfan wrote:Phil Savage, there GM even said that he's been there MVP. I think considering that he's a restricted FA next season, they'll keep him in to showcase a possible trade.

I don't get why they wouldn't want to keep him. They are trying to rebuild, haven't had a decent QB in who knows how long, and once they find one, they rush to trade him because Brady Quinn is on the bench? Not saying you are wrong about it, just that it would be beyond dumb to trade him in the offseason. You already sunk a bunch of value into Quinn when you traded up to get him, and now you're talking about trading away the best QB you've seen in years to make room for Quinn? You can't just give jobs to guys just because you invested a lot in them. Good teams don't think that way. The best players play on Sunday, not the ones you paid the most for.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:57 pm

onnestabe wrote:
eaglesfan wrote:Phil Savage, there GM even said that he's been there MVP. I think considering that he's a restricted FA next season, they'll keep him in to showcase a possible trade.

I don't get why they wouldn't want to keep him. They are trying to rebuild, haven't had a decent QB in who knows how long, and once they find one, they rush to trade him because Brady Quinn is on the bench? Not saying you are wrong about it, just that it would be beyond dumb to trade him in the offseason. You already sunk a bunch of value into Quinn when you traded up to get him, and now you're talking about trading away the best QB you've seen in years to make room for Quinn? You can't just give jobs to guys just because you invested a lot in them. Good teams don't think that way. The best players play on Sunday, not the ones you paid the most for.

Two situations come to mind, Brees and the Chargers and Thomas Jones and the Bears. Both guys more or less were let go or traded to make room for high profile draft picks. Both spots you could say it worked out bad, the jury is still out on Rivers really, but I thought the offense all around was better with Brees at QB.

If im the Browns I would keep Anderson as well. He and Braylon seem to have a real nice connection
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:17 pm

eaglesfan wrote:
onnestabe wrote:

Two situations come to mind, Brees and the Chargers and Thomas Jones and the Bears. Both guys more or less were let go or traded to make room for high profile draft picks. Both spots you could say it worked out bad, the jury is still out on Rivers really, but I thought the offense all around was better with Brees at QB.

If im the Browns I would keep Anderson as well. He and Braylon seem to have a real nice connection

Bingo. I think they have the most chemistry out of any WR/QB combo at this point right now. I know you can point at Manning and Harrison or Brady and Moss, but Anderson throws the ball where only Braylon can get it on just about every single play. Anyone whos watched a Browns game this year will tell you that Braylon hasn't been open on many of his TD/long catches, but Anderson threads the needle and puts it right on the money almost EVERY time. And that is why the production will continue. Braylon isn't even open, and he's still getting the TDs.

The Browns are in a tough spot. I'd keep Anderson myself and look to deal Quinn if he leads the Browns to the playoffs.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby pangbones » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:48 pm

I thought he was a fluke too!! Luckily so did everyone else in 2 of my leagues, and I still got him in both!! I have Romo in one, so he won't be playing much the rest of the way there, but I'll be playing matchups the rest of the way with Eli and Anderson in the other league. The only downside is that Quinn could take over if they fall out of contention. But as I keep telling the guy in my league that traded Braylon, (because he thinks Quinn takes over by week 12), look at their schedule!! Almost every game the rest of the way is VERY winnable. I think they have 2 tough games left, so I don't think they'll be playing Quinn at all this year. The could easily go 10-6. Even if they go 9-7, they'd still most likely be in contention late in the year. So it'd be unlikely,IMO, that Quinn would play!!
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:17 pm

The next three weeks scare me, not so much Seattle but Balt, and I believe Pitt...if he/they make it through that his playoff schedule is good.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:50 pm

This guy has been huge for me, especially in a league where I ended up with Bulger ( :-o :-o :-o :-o ) as my starting QB. I'm above .500 with that team thanks to Derek
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lordrevolution » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:48 pm

I just traded Gore for Anderson in a league where i have Portis, B Jacobs, and E Graham as my other RBs and we can only start two. Portis is outscoring Gore and BJacobs is outscoring Gore on a per-game basis; and I don't see SF helping Gore at all.
Lordrevolution
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasynewbie7 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:40 pm

eaglesfan wrote:The next three weeks scare me, not so much Seattle but Balt, and I believe Pitt...if he/they make it through that his playoff schedule is good.

I agree, if cleveland can go 2-1 in the next three games then Quinn won't see the field for the remainder of the season. Hopefully they can win and give all us anderson owners a huge boost.
fantasynewbie7
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby harold_bush » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:10 pm

Such a tough call. I have Romo and Anderson, and want to trade one of them. I can get more for Romo right now, but I am so afraid that hte Browns start sucking again, and then I get to watch Brady Quinn take the reigns in our fantasy playoffs. Then what? I KNOW Romo (barring injury) will be getting the snaps all season. What makes it tougher is the AWESOME schedule Anderson has. Far better than Romo's. Dang, tough call.
1 pt.= 10 yds rushing/receiving, 1 pt. = 25 yds passing, 1/2 pt = PPR,

QB- Vick/Flacco/Favre
RB- Arian Foster
RB -Adrian Peterson
WR-Steve Smith (Giants)
WR-Welker
TE- Celek
WR/RB - Ray Rice

Bench- Santonio Holmes, Ryan Torain, McGahee, Bowe
harold_bush
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant