Derek Anderson Owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Derek Anderson Owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Derek Anderson Owners

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:28 pm

The Browns brass are idiots if they even consider getting rid of Derek Anderson when the season concludes. The Browns havent' had a young quarterback with moxie since the days of Bernie Kosar, yet here's this stud tossing touchdowns like they're going out of style. Why on earth would the Browns even think to toss him aside just because they have Brady Quinn on the bench? Anderson is the man and will remain so after this season, so long as he continues to play well. If the Browns let him slip away, the backlash in the Dawg Pound will be relentless, especially if Quinn gets off to a slow start. What's worse is how the fans will turn on Quinn if he doesn't match up with Anderson's lofty numbers.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby zevon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:21 pm

I love this kid.
If Cleveland's Head Defensive Genius Romeo can ever figure out how to play D again , Cleveland will give Pitt a run for their money.
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Axl's Army » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:37 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:He wouldn't do as great a job fantasy wise with the vikings or bears....they dont have two potent offensive weapons like braylon and winslow to throw to.

but i think anderson would do a good job handing off the ball to adrian peterson

It's hilarious that we're all so 20/20 on Derek Anderson (especially considering Romeo was allegedly going to flip a coin to see if he or Charlie Frye was going to start). Now the Browns are a viable source for Fantasy Production, but most people that are being honest with themselves didn't believe Cleveland would be putting up solid fantasy #s. My point is just that who would know what would happen if he went to minny or chi-town; that's all.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:53 pm

Axl's Army wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:He wouldn't do as great a job fantasy wise with the vikings or bears....they dont have two potent offensive weapons like braylon and winslow to throw to.

but i think anderson would do a good job handing off the ball to adrian peterson

It's hilarious that we're all so 20/20 on Derek Anderson (especially considering Romeo was allegedly going to flip a coin to see if he or Charlie Frye was going to start). Now the Browns are a viable source for Fantasy Production, but most people that are being honest with themselves didn't believe Cleveland would be putting up solid fantasy #s. My point is just that who would know what would happen if he went to minny or chi-town; that's all.

no i didn't think anderson would do this good, and thought his first big game was a fluke and didn't pick him up....but i would say that anderson would not do as good in minnesota or chicago is a valid argument because, like i said, the vikings or browns don't have receivers of edwards or winslow's talent. edwards was either injured or in the coaches doghouse so did not put up these statistics, and winslow had the raw talent but was also plagued with injuries......from the games i've seen, anderson isn't even throwing pinpoint passes like brady, he is just throwing in their direction and those two, especially braylon, are able to grab the passes and get those yards.

stone-hands troy williamson + bobby wade + sidney rice (still a young talent) or berrian + past-his-prime muhammad + olsen (also young talent, i don't know what he will eventually do) don't appear to be as good of a corps as braylon + winslow + jurevicius, not even including this years numbers but based on their combined talents.

i don't think anderson would be a total flop if he played for chicago or minnesota, but i don't think he would be the #3 fantasy qb on those two teams. his presence would help adrian peterson a lot though.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasynewbie7 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:09 am

Jason, you are wrong about Derek Anderson just throwing it up. He has thrown the football to braylon under double coverage a number of times and they have been pinpoint passes that only braylon can catch. Just check the highlights for last game against stl when braylon caught his first td. Only braylon would've been able to catch itm therefore decreasing his int percentage. The past two games he hasn't thrown an int and even though they have been against bad pass defence teams, its also the placing of the ball he puts for the recievers.
fantasynewbie7
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cooner » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:25 pm

I picked him up in a league where I have Peyton.

I think I'm trading Peyton.
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:44 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:
Axl's Army wrote:

no i didn't think anderson would do this good, and thought his first big game was a fluke and didn't pick him up....but i would say that anderson would not do as good in minnesota or chicago is a valid argument because, like i said, the vikings or browns don't have receivers of edwards or winslow's talent. edwards was either injured or in the coaches doghouse so did not put up these statistics, and winslow had the raw talent but was also plagued with injuries......from the games i've seen, anderson isn't even throwing pinpoint passes like brady, he is just throwing in their direction and those two, especially braylon, are able to grab the passes and get those yards.

stone-hands troy williamson + bobby wade + sidney rice (still a young talent) or berrian + past-his-prime muhammad + olsen (also young talent, i don't know what he will eventually do) don't appear to be as good of a corps as braylon + winslow + jurevicius, not even including this years numbers but based on their combined talents.

i don't think anderson would be a total flop if he played for chicago or minnesota, but i don't think he would be the #3 fantasy qb on those two teams. his presence would help adrian peterson a lot though.

JS, those are valid statements, but a QB is always going to be better with better talent around him. Randy Moss has shown us that, just look at 2007 Tom Brady and Daunte Culpepper post-Moss. CPepp was a huge fantasy stud, while Brady was a perennial #4-#8 QB. Look at them since, and it's night and day (granted, CPepp has been hurt, but it's not just his knee).
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JD3 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:25 pm

no i didn't think anderson would do this good, and thought his first big game was a fluke and didn't pick him up....

A Qb scores 5 passing touchdowns in the NFL his first start of the season and he's not owned in FF: pick him up no matter which defense he's playing. Maybe you don't start him the next week, but ffs pick him up before someone else does and see what happens.
JD3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:28 pm

JD3 wrote:
no i didn't think anderson would do this good, and thought his first big game was a fluke and didn't pick him up....

A Qb scores 5 passing touchdowns in the NFL his first start of the season and he's not owned in FF: pick him up no matter which defense he's playing. Maybe you don't start him the next week, but ffs pick him up before someone else does and see what happens.

i counter that argument with ryan fitzpatrick from 2 years ago, but w/e!!!! i admit defeat.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:30 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:The Browns brass are idiots if they even consider getting rid of Derek Anderson when the season concludes. The Browns havent' had a young quarterback with moxie since the days of Bernie Kosar, yet here's this stud tossing touchdowns like they're going out of style. Why on earth would the Browns even think to toss him aside just because they have Brady Quinn on the bench? Anderson is the man and will remain so after this season, so long as he continues to play well. If the Browns let him slip away, the backlash in the Dawg Pound will be relentless, especially if Quinn gets off to a slow start. What's worse is how the fans will turn on Quinn if he doesn't match up with Anderson's lofty numbers.

well honestly thats the way it usually works, the Chargers parted ways with Brees not knowing what Rivers could do, but Quinn is the future, the hometown hero, and all the money is invested in him...So you usually get what you can for Anderson, probably a 2nd rder, and roll with Quinn next year, at worst the year after...i cant remember one instance when a team took a 1st rd draft pick on a qb and let him sit for 3 years and then trade him, green bay is the only place I can think of and Favre is obviously the exception...

now I dont agree personally, I just think thats how it goes and always will go, its much harder to trade Quinn, its really expensive to sit him all those years with that type of contract, and you can easily get something high in tender for Anderson..thats why teams let qb's play the year before so they know if they need a qb, Anderson played and didnt show much, he turned it on this year...I dont think he's the next best thing, because he didnt impress them enough last year to lead them to believe he would be this good this year, so I dont think one good season makes them keep him, and bench Quinn for the next 3-4 years, until he is finally cheap enough to trade...you cant trade him anytime soon with that type of signing bonus, the cap hit would be crazy
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer