eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Derek Anderson Owners

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:28 pm

To the people who are not sold on Derek Anderson yet:

If thats so hard, imagine how hard it is for the franchise to be "sold" on Brady Quinn without having played a real nfl game, im sure they feel alot better about the guy who is winning games for them, and getting the ball to the weapons...if you look around the league at the rate of qbs who are ending up bust that were drafted in the first rd, you have to ask yourself why you would trade a proven winner for the unknown and if Quinn has a learning curve, or never picks it up, you took away 3 years out of contention, and even longer if he never pans out...

Im not buying the argument "we havent seen enough of him play yet" because I heard the same things in Dallas about Romo, and some people said we should take Quinn, Anderson has looked great and showed no signs he cant lead that team where they want to go, if they build a defense around the offense they have they will be a contender
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:58 pm

exactly....This guy is making them look respectable....hell they almost beat the Steelers, who many believe may be the 2nd best team in the league....thats progress, and Anderson is a huge part of that.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby gtabaplayr » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:43 pm

LS2throwed wrote:To the people who are not sold on Derek Anderson yet:

If thats so hard, imagine how hard it is for the franchise to be "sold" on Brady Quinn without having played a real nfl game, im sure they feel alot better about the guy who is winning games for them, and getting the ball to the weapons...if you look around the league at the rate of qbs who are ending up bust that were drafted in the first rd, you have to ask yourself why you would trade a proven winner for the unknown and if Quinn has a learning curve, or never picks it up, you took away 3 years out of contention, and even longer if he never pans out...

Im not buying the argument "we havent seen enough of him play yet" because I heard the same things in Dallas about Romo, and some people said we should take Quinn, Anderson has looked great and showed no signs he cant lead that team where they want to go, if they build a defense around the offense they have they will be a contender

Let's hold up for a second.
What does Brady Quinn have to do with someone not being sold on Derek Anderson?

There are no signs Anderson can't lead the team where they want to go?..... Did you watch the second half of the Pit game? His accuracy (my biggest concern with him, similar to Eli) was horrific.

I don't think many people have been advocating that they trade Anderson and hand over the offense to Quinn. Myself and others have just pointed out that it is way too early to base a franchise changing decision on only 1/2 of a season from Derek Anderson. The Browns should continue playing Anderson and developing Quinn well into the 2008 season. Trading Quinn would be a huge mistake given Anderson's limited playing time. Everyone thought Philip Rivers was the next upper-echelon QB last year, and now look at him.

"Proven winner" - please, let's wait a little bit before we start making these statments. I'm still not sold on Romo yet either, there are definitely still concerns there. Romo's delivery and inconsistencies throwing from the pocket worry me, especially when he faces solid teams heading into the playoffs.

Anderson definitely has the tools (tall, big arm, etc.) but l need to see some more out of him before I am "sold".
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FatFoot » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:54 pm

You have to start somewhere. Derek looks like the real deal this year.

Brady Quinn figures into the decision for the Browns, because if they lose Anderson, they're starting all over with a guy who could be just as good... could be even better... but could be a TOTAL BUST. It doesn't make a lot of sense. Expect Anderson to be the starter next year.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:21 pm

gtabaplayr wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:To the people who are not sold on Derek Anderson yet:

Let's hold up for a second.
What does Brady Quinn have to do with someone not being sold on Derek Anderson?

There are no signs Anderson can't lead the team where they want to go?..... Did you watch the second half of the Pit game? His accuracy (my biggest concern with him, similar to Eli) was horrific.

I don't think many people have been advocating that they trade Anderson and hand over the offense to Quinn. Myself and others have just pointed out that it is way too early to base a franchise changing decision on only 1/2 of a season from Derek Anderson. The Browns should continue playing Anderson and developing Quinn well into the 2008 season. Trading Quinn would be a huge mistake given Anderson's limited playing time. Everyone thought Philip Rivers was the next upper-echelon QB last year, and now look at him.

"Proven winner" - please, let's wait a little bit before we start making these statments. I'm still not sold on Romo yet either, there are definitely still concerns there. Romo's delivery and inconsistencies throwing from the pocket worry me, especially when he faces solid teams heading into the playoffs.

Anderson definitely has the tools (tall, big arm, etc.) but l need to see some more out of him before I am "sold".

well if your not sold on Romo then I highly doubt Anderson is going to make you feel any better, Romo has done everything you could ask of a qb to do, and has played better then every qb in the league this year except maybe 2 so i guess if you want 2 think if he has a bad game once out of every 10 that means he's inconsistent then to each his own...

But as far as Anderson, im not saying he is a top 10 qb, im saying he is a very servicable starter in this league, yes Quinn might be better but their offense isnt the problem, they have been scoring plenty points, they just need 2 stop some people and with the weapons they have they can win games...Anderson still has alot 2 prove, and yes he had a bad 2nd half vs the steelers, thats a great team so whats your point?? I just dont get the big deal with people always acting like their not buying into a qb yet until he plays 7 years, has david carr or joey harrington EVER played even an 8 game span, hell even 4 games as well as Anderson or Romo has?? Thats a great reason to not buy those guys, they might have one good game and 8 horrible ones, but ive yet to see them play well and lead their team 2 a victory majority of the time, and it has never happened...

With the other 2 its been the opposite, Quinn could very well end up like Alex Smith, Ryan Leaf, or any other bust that came out early, its easy to look at the positives of taking a qb rd 1 because everyone always thinks of the upside, but I can promise you right now Quinn wont come in his 2nd year and play as well as Anderson has this year, he will have some type of learning curve Anderson hasnt hit, and if he never picks it up at all, you wasted the prime years of Winslow and Edwards, doesnt seem like the smartest thing 2 do when you have been getting them the ball already...im not sure what Anderson has done 2 show he should lose his job, Quinn was drafted higher so he should start? Theres no logic to it, Anderson has played great all year, you cant focus on one half vs a top 3 team, his season stats are top 5 qb numbers with a terrible defense, he has done nothing other then not be a first rd draft pick to lose his job
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer