How bad are we??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

How bad are we???

Moderator: Football Moderators

How bad are we???

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:52 am

Yesterday was just ugly! I still can't believe we lost to the Bills twice this season.

Some randon thoughts from the game:

Only bright spot IMo was the play of David Harris. The kid looked good and he amazingly knows how to wrap up a running back and tackle him.

I know Clemens was horrible when he came in but he needs to start next week. We have to see if he can play since we are going to have a top pick in the draft next year.

The guy replacing Kendell was simply horrible yesterday. The Bills kept stunting on the D-line and sending people right y him. Mangini looks horrible for that decision. I thinks it's pretty clear Clarke is not a starter.

Playcalling on offense has not been good this year.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How bad are we???

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:42 pm

killiansjmd wrote:Yesterday was just ugly! I still can't believe we lost to the Bills twice this season.

Some randon thoughts from the game:

Only bright spot IMo was the play of David Harris. The kid looked good and he amazingly knows how to wrap up a running back and tackle him.

I know Clemens was horrible when he came in but he needs to start next week. We have to see if he can play since we are going to have a top pick in the draft next year.

The guy replacing Kendell was simply horrible yesterday. The Bills kept stunting on the D-line and sending people right y him. Mangini looks horrible for that decision. I thinks it's pretty clear Clarke is not a starter.

Playcalling on offense has not been good this year.

David Harris played spectacular. I was very impressed to see him play the way he did. Now this just makes me even more confident that we could be trading away Vilma if we don't go back to a 4-3. Hey, Cinci wants to trade Chad Johnson? I'll be glad to take one of the best play maker's in the NFL off of your hands. Maybe a Coles and Vilma deal for CJ and 1st rounder? Who knows, just being optimistic. That's one thing we're missing, a play maker. Look at most of the teams who are decent to good, they have play makers, whether it being Tony Romo on Dallas who makes plays to Ed Reed making plays on defense, we are in need of a play maker.
Even though Clemens didn't look great, there were some balls that should have been caught by the WRs (Cotchery might have dropped 2 passes?). It also didn't help that Coles got injured and left the game when Clemens came in.
We need a LG. This guy is awful, we should have kept Kendall, last year our O-Line was decent and was only going to improve as Mangold and D'Brick got more experience and then we lost our starting LG, we need help... big time.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:24 am

David Harris is gonna be great and he will be a lot better for us in the 3-4 than Vilma. Oline is still a first round need, we need a LG and a RT, and we may have to take Jake Long with our first pick.

Dewayne Robertson played well on sunday. If Glenn Dorsey is available when we pick, should we take him? He is so talented and such a beast, it would be hard to pass him up. We could move DRob to DE in the 3-4 if we pick up dorsey. Ellis is gettin up there in age.

I'm happy that Clemens is starting this week. It's his team now, and hopefully he won't be yanked for the rest of the season, regardless of his play.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:41 am

Dorsey is a beast! It would be hard to pass him up.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to New York Jets