GH3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

GH3

Moderator: Football Moderators

GH3

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:19 am

So who's got it already and what do y'all think?

I started on easy...Just knocked off Slash and did Welcome To The Jungle. Seems fun so far. 5 starred everything, but it's only on easy so I am hardly bragging. :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: GH3

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:46 pm

yeah, i got it on sunday. knocked out the medium tour already, beat co-op career and beat all of the hard tour except the slayer song in the last set (that song is just insane). lovin the new guitar...loving the setlists for the most part. it seems easier to hammer which is a plus, and it seems like its easier to deploy star power. i enjoy the variety of outfits, characters and guitars in this version. i like how they darkened the fretboard to make it easier to see the notes. its cool that they went wireless with the guitar and they have interchangable faceplates. i like the fact that there is a note counter on the screen (though you will most likely miss notes trying to read it)...it will take the guess work out of going for some of the note streak achievements. i also like that its easier to make money to use in the store and that you can earn money in the co-op career to boot.

there are some things that i dislike though. one is that you cant play the songs you battle during (the morello and slash songs and the devil went down to georgia) outside of a battle. i really would like to play those songs in their entirety without a battle. i think its pretty lame how they did that. i also think its pretty lame you cant do your co-op career with someone on xbox live. battles are cool and all...but working with a buddy online for career just makes sense. sometimes i dont understand the stupid decisions these multi-million dollar franchises make. more things i dislike are the stupid words that flash across the screen when you have note streaks. they get in the way and are very distracting, especially when playing harder difficulties. i also dont care for the star meter. it just seems harder to see, and with the additions of the note streak words, i tend to try to not read things that flash across the screen...specifically the "star power ready" since it looks identical to the other crap that needlessly flashes. one of my biggest peeves is the achievements they made for this game. some of them are just rediculous...completing a career on hard or expert using a standard controller?? (whats the freaking point of making us play on a controller when the game is played with a guitar- maybe they should make another game called controller hero), beating an entire career with lefty flip on?? winning ten ranked matches online using a standard controller?? failing a song ten times??( i mean, i failed the dragonforce song on expert 10 times and got it, but its stupid to give an achievement for doing something badly...or basically having to lose to get it), i mean the list goes on and on....i seriously think i might get half of them tops, which takes a lot of the replay fun out of trying to earn some of them.

lol well anyways, thats my take on the game. still really fun...i just think with the 3rd one in the series, they would have a bit more ironed out.

im just counting the days til call of duty 4. :-B ;-D

BTW, if anyone wants to play with me on GH3, send me a friend request : keykeylikesit
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:07 pm

the wife is supposed to get it for me for my B-day...i can still use the GH2 controller though right?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:44 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:the wife is supposed to get it for me for my B-day...i can still use the GH2 controller though right?

yup...both controllers work on this game. i also heard the guitar hero guitars will be compatible with the rock band game when it comes out.

gonna start working on my 1000 note streak now on dragonforce. wish me luck :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:36 pm

Good luck ya crazy arse! :-o ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:14 pm

eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:31 am

it simply amazes me that there are people in this world that are that good at this game. 8-o

i tried this song multiple times on expert and cant get past 1%. beat it on hard somehow though...though its a ton easier than expert. BTW if anyone is looking to get their 1000 note streak...this song on easy has about 1100. its not your typical easy song, but its prob the easiest 1000 streak there is. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eagles21 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:29 am

deluxe_247 wrote:

it simply amazes me that there are people in this world that are that good at this game. 8-o

i tried this song multiple times on expert and cant get past 1%. beat it on hard somehow though...though its a ton easier than expert. BTW if anyone is looking to get their 1000 note streak...this song on easy has about 1100. its not your typical easy song, but its prob the easiest 1000 streak there is. ;-D

Yeah, I got 0% the first couple times I tried it, so it was my goal to get to 1% and I did. I was proud of myself. :-b

Thanks for the tip for the 1000 note streak. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:11 pm

Have you all seen the new South Park episode? That's how I feel on Guitar Hero. ;-D :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:16 pm

Tiki wrote:Have you all seen the new South Park episode? That's how I feel on Guitar Hero. ;-D :-b

Yeah, I watched it last night. Hilarious. :-b

Heroin Hero. :-b :-b
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Video Games