GH3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

GH3

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GH3

Postby eagles21 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:03 pm

So I decided to pull this out today and FINALLY beat the Slayer song. I was all excited, but then I played the final battle and have come to the conclusion that I will never beat that. :-b
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:45 pm

eagles21 wrote:So I decided to pull this out today and FINALLY beat the Slayer song. I was all excited, but then I played the final battle and have come to the conclusion that I will never beat that. :-b

That sounds like me from a few weeks ago. It was actually "One" by Metallica that I couldn't get at first, rather than the Slayer song, but yes, the final battle is impossible. :-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:14 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
eagles21 wrote:So I decided to pull this out today and FINALLY beat the Slayer song. I was all excited, but then I played the final battle and have come to the conclusion that I will never beat that. :-b

That sounds like me from a few weeks ago. It was actually "One" by Metallica that I couldn't get at first, rather than the Slayer song, but yes, the final battle is impossible. :-D

I have come so close to beating him sooooo many times. I have tried that battle probably 200 times and just can't seem to get over the top. At the very end of the song he starts getting battle power like every few seconds and just starts dropping lefty flip's and doubles on you. pisses me off so bad. next time i have the patience to try it again i'm going to try to save all my battle powers until right before the end of the song and just drop them all on him at the same time and see if it'll work.

ON expert I've beaten all songs except Slayer - Raining Blood, Metallica - One, and Number of the Beast.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:46 pm

Well, I've finally joined the ranks of those that have beaten Slayer on hard. About to play "One" and then on to joining the ranks of getting my ass kicked by the devil.

I actually had a lot more trouble with a couple of other songs than I did with Slayer. I got through Slayer on I think my 4th try. Like you guys said it's just that one impossible part, and the rest of the song is reaaallllyyyyyy easy. I was able to 100% it up to the hard part pretty much everytime, so if I could get half way through it while still in the yellow then it was just a matter of flipping on star power and mashing buttons to survive.

On the other hand, Knights of Cydonia and the a bigger extent The Number of the Beast gave me major problems. The annoying part about Knights is that the hard part is at the end so you have to replay it alllllll the way through everytime. As far as Number of the Beast goes, well let's just say that's the one I got my "Blowin' It" achievement on :-t
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:17 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Well, I've finally joined the ranks of those that have beaten Slayer on hard. About to play "One" and then on to joining the ranks of getting my ass kicked by the devil.

I actually had a lot more trouble with a couple of other songs than I did with Slayer. I got through Slayer on I think my 4th try. Like you guys said it's just that one impossible part, and the rest of the song is reaaallllyyyyyy easy. I was able to 100% it up to the hard part pretty much everytime, so if I could get half way through it while still in the yellow then it was just a matter of flipping on star power and mashing buttons to survive.

On the other hand, Knights of Cydonia and the a bigger extent The Number of the Beast gave me major problems. The annoying part about Knights is that the hard part is at the end so you have to replay it alllllll the way through everytime. As far as Number of the Beast goes, well let's just say that's the one I got my "Blowin' It" achievement on :-t

I hear some people complaining about Knights of Cydonia, but I find it one of the easier songs for some reason. I think alot of people fail it because they're not strumming fast enough on the speed strumming. You almost have to just vibrate your wrist back and forth to get the speed right. I also beat Metallica's "One" on hard on my first try. Expert's another story.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:29 pm

So has anyone beaten the Devil yet? I finally managed to get past "One", but I can't even come close to beating the devil.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:50 pm

im still stuck on slayer lol. its the only one i have left.

given, i only play it a couple of times, then play either other songs or go back to rock band...but if i play that song too much i might just kick a hole in my plasma :-b

ive played the devils song ( the entire version) from the download content, and it looks to be pretty tough.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:15 pm

After that first time against the devil, I stopped. I would need to practice that song a lot to have a chance. At some point though, I'll practice the song and try to beat him, although it's going to be tough.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:46 pm

Free Bagel wrote:So has anyone beaten the Devil yet? I finally managed to get past "One", but I can't even come close to beating the devil.

I finally beat him! I decided to save my battle powers until near the end of the song, because I can usually stay pretty much in the green until then anyway. SO I saved up 3 battle powers, and then dropped all 3 of them on him at the same time. That kept him from being able to get his own battle powers, which made it easier for me to pick up two more battle powers, which I dropped on him simultaneously, and I won.

I freaked out though, because when I beat him, I thought it was all over, but you actually still have to finish the song out by yourself, but it's not that hard when he's not able to fight back. I then got to play Dragonforce's "Through The Fire and Flames" song while the game credits scrolled. You get to play the whole song without having to worry about failing it, there's not even a rock meter or anything. That song is fun! I then tried it from the Bonus Songs list and was able to beat it on my first try but I only got 3 stars.

So all I have left to complete is beating Metallica "One", SLayer "Raining Blood" and Iron Maiden "Number of the Beast" and the devil again... on EXPERT. YIKES!
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Free Bagel wrote:So has anyone beaten the Devil yet? I finally managed to get past "One", but I can't even come close to beating the devil.

Not yet :-t

Lately I've been playing more online and less getting my butt kicked by the devil.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Video Games