Why Does Donald Driver Suck Now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Why Does Donald Driver Suck Now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Doughhead » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:28 am

What happened to the usually dependable Driver? He's been completely lacklustre for several weeks now. I mean, Favre put up 331 yards last night and Driver only caught 28 of them. Brutal. What's up with this stiff?
Doughhead
Doughhead
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why Does Donald Driver Suck Now?

Postby comm1680 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:59 am

Looks to me like he's usually heavily covered. He's definitely the first guy Favre typically looks at. The one problem I did notice is how many very short routes he gets. There's never really an opportunity to get a lot of yardage.

I noticed this happened lastyear, also, when Jennings was on his TD streak. Then Driver stepped it up when he went down. Hopefully this isn't a trend when Jennings is healthy...
comm1680
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:05 am

the problem is he is not an elite wide receiver talent and only a #1 by circumstance. now that team has Jennings and Jones emerging they dont have to chuck the ball at him 15 times a game.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:47 pm

driver almost got a touchdown but favre overthrew him on a pass in the redzone. driver should be a good wr2 for your team the rest of the way.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shopvack » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:04 pm

i feel as a packer fan that i have to even the bias out by cancelling out the bears fan comments.

driver doesn't suck now. all thats happening is he's being double covered constantly, and favre is smart enough to read that and go to the men who are in single coverage. while this sucks for driver owners, its great for us packer fans, cause it's translating into fewer interceptions :-)
shopvack
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:17 pm

I HATE the Packers, and I'll say that Driver is a bottom tier FF WR1, with the ability to have a big day, any day. Jennings was simply in a better position to have a game, based on coverage and speed. Then there's the fact that last week was a bye, and the week before that was a horrible game for Favre.

I understand why you're frustrated, but Driver'd be a great buy low right now. He's a beast, and he will get his.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SirGrotius » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:53 pm

i really don't see him as a WR1 and in a smaller league I'd be disappointed to have him even as a #2. I believe we're living in the past with him, as Favre has obviously found some sort of chemistry with his younger targets. I'm not saying Driver is Darrell Jackson, i.e., borderline waiver wire materials, by any stretch, but I wouldn't be too keen on him as a consistent WR option or even much of a break out threat.
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby PhillyEagle » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:16 pm

Because I trusted him enough to be my #1 WR where I traded T.J. Housh and Reggie Wayne away before week 1 started. This has been god's way of making me regret being trigger happy.

I drafted the number 2 and number 6 WR on draft day, and I now have the 30th and 32nd receiver. Smart move coach.
PhillyEagle
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guru13 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:11 pm

as mentioned, he was in position for a TD last week, but favre overthrew him, and it's not as if he's gonna be a non-factor all the time, and also mentioned was the fact that Jennings and Jones are faster than Driver and both just flat out ran past two of the better corners in the league for huge TDs, an 82 and a like 70 something yarder, and that's almost half of his passing yards right there. I would expect Driver to pick things up in the second half big time, and this week's not a bad time to start against KC.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting