Ryan Grant - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Ryan Grant

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Ryan Grant

Postby WebHamster » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:27 pm

This thread contains comments on KC Chance's Sleeper "Ryan Grant", which was featured in the Cafe's Sleepers section on October 30, 2007. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Grant

Postby treat24 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:40 pm

Great Job KC, Unfortunately, I won't be able to get him in any of my leagues :-t
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby latraffic » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:13 am

treat24 wrote:Great Job KC, Unfortunately, I won't be able to get him in any of my leagues :-t

Because he's been picked up already or because you don't have bench space?
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby latraffic » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:39 am

"Oct 30 - News: Wynn (shoulder) was placed on injured reserve on Tuesday, ending his season, PackerNews.com reports."

Ryan Grant's potential just took a GIANT leap! Wow! I hope this kid's for real.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tyler_A » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:04 pm

A sleeper is a 1 week play that due to injuries, match-up or another reason is a viable breakout canidate for that week. Naming a starting running back after the former start has been placed on IR is not a sleeper pick. Especially when you declare his matchup (vs KC coming off a bye) is not a favorable one.

This article is consistently the worst thing on the internet. It is has always been poorly written and uninformative but now it is not even staying within its own parameters. Ridiculous. They should fire you and hire a chimp to randomly pound the key board.
Tyler_A
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:24 pm

Tyler_A wrote:A sleeper is a 1 week play that due to injuries, match-up or another reason is a viable breakout canidate for that week. Naming a starting running back after the former start has been placed on IR is not a sleeper pick. Especially when you declare his matchup (vs KC coming off a bye) is not a favorable one.

This article is consistently the worst thing on the internet. It is has always been poorly written and uninformative but now it is not even staying within its own parameters. Ridiculous. They should fire you and hire a chimp to randomly pound the key board.

Chimp? Why? You need a job?

You know what's really ridiculous, the amount of losers like you sitting around in their parents basement who don't know jack about picking sleepers but love to criticize people like KC who take time out of their busy schedules to write articles. I'd love to see one of your sleepers dude, but I doubt you have the balls to pick one.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JabbaBen » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:55 pm

I've already been blasted for posting similar comments, so I'll keep it nice. I agree with Tyler's overall statement. While I have already acknowledged that picking a sleeper that is < 5% owned is hard, picking a "sleeper" who has already broken out is pretty pointless. I can't do better, but I don't write a weekly "Expert" article either.
JabbaBen Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:08 pm

JabbaBen wrote:I've already been blasted for posting similar comments, so I'll keep it nice. I agree with Tyler's overall statement. While I have already acknowledged that picking a sleeper that is &lt; 5% owned is hard, picking a "sleeper" who has already broken out is pretty pointless. I can't do better, but I don't write a weekly "Expert" article either.

Broken out? I'd hardly call one good game against the worst run D in the league "breaking out". I wasn't sold on him, until I read the article and KC pointed out his ridiculously easy playoff schedule. I'm pretty sure that was the point of the article, and KC can correct me if i'm wrong. But people like you two who just read articles with the intention of finding something to flame don't care about that do you. :-t
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:22 pm

latraffic wrote:
treat24 wrote:Great Job KC, Unfortunately, I won't be able to get him in any of my leagues :-t

Because he's been picked up already or because you don't have bench space?

My records are solid and I use the wire every week so I have low priority :-C
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Tyler_A » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:36 pm

Let's not forget that Wynn was on here not so long ago. Here are some pics - feel free to make these moves as I am sure you need help in all your leagues except the auto-draft where you got Brady, Moss, Welker, and ADP.

Here are some pics for this week that are probably not in everyone's week in week out lineup. I am sure they are all less than 30% owned and probably don't see much action if they are.

Tony Scheffler TE DEN - 6 catches 70 yards 1 TD
Raiders Def - 3 picks, 1 fumble, 17 points, 1 DEF TD
DJ Hackett - WR SEA - 5 catches 100 yards

And the loser of the week:

Ryan Grant - 40 rushing, 15 receiving. 0 td's. Loses his job by week 11.

Mod edit: Zero need for the flaming and poor attitude.
Tyler_A
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Article Discussions