Ryan Grant - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Ryan Grant

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Re: Ryan Grant

Postby JabbaBen » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:59 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:
JabbaBen wrote:I've already been blasted for posting similar comments, so I'll keep it nice. I agree with Tyler's overall statement. While I have already acknowledged that picking a sleeper that is < 5% owned is hard, picking a "sleeper" who has already broken out is pretty pointless. I can't do better, but I don't write a weekly "Expert" article either.

Broken out? I'd hardly call one good game against the worst run D in the league "breaking out". I wasn't sold on him, until I read the article and KC pointed out his ridiculously easy playoff schedule. I'm pretty sure that was the point of the article, and KC can correct me if i'm wrong. But people like you two who just read articles with the intention of finding something to flame don't care about that do you. :-t

Point was simply that guy's like this are already in the spotlight. I'm not blasting KC, or her writing or the article. KC probably remembers we have been through this already. If the rest of you don't, well, whatever.
JabbaBen Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:39 pm

Tyler_A wrote:Here are some pics for this week that are probably not in everyone's week in week out lineup. I am sure they are all less than 30% owned and probably don't see much action if they are.

Tony Scheffler TE DEN - 6 catches 70 yards 1 TD
Raiders Def - 3 picks, 1 fumble, 17 points, 1 DEF TD
DJ Hackett - WR SEA - 5 catches 100 yards

Scheffler is owned in 47% of cbs leagues and the raiders are owned in 35%. After Monday night Schefflers own % is bound to go way up too. You picking Scheffler is much worse than KC picking Grant. You are picking a guy that is already owned in half of leagues and just had a big 2 td huge game. That is very hypocritical of you. Grant was owned in less than 5%.

KC was making sure everyone knew that he was a decent option to try and get on waivers. She had to get that article up immediately so that fantasy owners could actually get a waiver request in for him. I commend her for putting it up so quickly. I didn't get to see the Monday night game due to work and I read her article before I looked at the Box Score for the game. Also, box scores can be deceiving. Her writing this article helped me determine that he actually looked good instead of him just getting some huge gains on big holes etc...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Tyler_A » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:51 pm

I just checked - he is owned in 29% percent on the site I play on, the Raiders are owned 21% and Hackett was (surprisingly) owned 23%. If you want some better running back picks - Fargas (owned 9%), Echemandu (owned 0%) and M. Robinson (owned 2%) are all better canidates this week. Additionally, the point of this is that the guy who EVERYONE is talking about and watched rush for 100 yards on Monday Night Football is NO LONGER A SLEEPER!
Tyler_A
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Tyler_A » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:06 am

Mod Edit: Instigating and Name Calling
Tyler_A
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby treat24 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:56 am

Tyler_A wrote:I just checked - he is owned in 29% percent on the site I play on, the Raiders are owned 21% and Hackett was (surprisingly) owned 23%. If you want some better running back picks - Fargas (owned 9%), Echemandu (owned 0%) and M. Robinson (owned 2%) are all better canidates this week. Additionally, the point of this is that the guy who EVERYONE is talking about and watched rush for 100 yards on Monday Night Football is NO LONGER A SLEEPER!

As I stated before, She was making sure that fantasy owners who may have missed the game knew to try and pick him up while most leagues were still in their waiver process. At that point Grant was still owned in under 5%. I didn't see the game. I read her article before I saw the box score. Some fantasy players don't even get around to every box score. You seem to be on top of your info which is great. Not all fantasy owners are. The article helps some people.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Tyler_A » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:44 am

[i]Mod edit[/i]
Tyler_A
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby latraffic » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:36 am

You guys are cracking me up. Seriously. Big thanks to Treat24 for watching my back. Sorry you had to deal with all the flames on my behalf.

To Tyler_A - hey man, no worries. If you hate my writing, it's your God given right not to read it. That little sleeper button gets a blinking, you just be strong and ignore the impulse to click it. I know you can overcome this! I'm rooting for you. And don't worry about me, I get enough thumbs up each week to counterbalance your hate.

To JabbaBen - wow, you gotta let it go. That interchange on whoever the heck I recommended was weeks ago.

To Everyone Else - Sorry if Grant's been picked up in your league in the last 72 hours. He was at 5% when I recommended him and if you were quick, you could have grabbed him after reading the article. Assuming he's worth a grab for your team. If you read the sleeper article closely (as I'm sure you all do), I do only suggest he be picked up in deep leagues and as a flex. Also, I don't recommend him for next week but rather as a player to hold until the playoff weeks because of his great matchups.

Oh, and one last thing, I too thought a sleeper was supposed to be a one-week-wonder but was told by the "masters" of this website to broaden it. Hence the title change from "Sleeper of the Week" to "Sleeper Watch." This was their decision and I went along with it because I really need this high paying job! :-B

Peace and Love. Peace and Love.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:07 am

JabbaBen wrote:While I have already acknowledged that picking a sleeper that is < 5% owned is hard, picking a "sleeper" who has already broken out is pretty pointless.

If he's already broken out, then why was he owned in less than 5% of leagues?

Doesn't make sense. Either he's broken out and highly owned, or people didn't notice, which is why he was owned in such a small percentage of leagues. Can't be both.

Even if you want to use the "hot pickup" argument, this article was still out in time for people to put in their waiver claims.

So in other words, I see no constructive criticism here. Why gripe? Free site, free articles, you don't spend a nickel, KC doesn't get paid for this, so what exactly is the gripe? That she put up a "hot pickup" article in time for everyone to get their waiver claims in? Seems awfully nitpicky to me. :-?

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:23 am

latraffic wrote:That little sleeper button gets a blinking, you just be strong and ignore the impulse to click it. I know you can overcome this! I'm rooting for you.

That is hilarious :-b
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eastcoaster » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:37 pm

Hey, I've always looked at articles like these as tidbits of info...things to think about and mentally file away as I'm reading around. Like lots of people, I got interested in Grant after the game, too...but I sure hadn't thought ahead about the ramifications of the schedule in later weeks. I was interested to read what KC pointed out.

I like the sleeper articles...just one more piece of info adding to the pile of thoughts that become my lineups on Sundays.
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Article Discussions