Ryan Grant - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Ryan Grant

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Re: Ryan Grant

Postby JabbaBen » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:50 pm

To JabbaBen - wow, you gotta let it go. That interchange on whoever the heck I recommended was weeks ago.

Heh, I'm not holding onto it. It's not like I instigated this whole thing, or really even got that involved in it. The guy we went through this same thing about was another GB running back, D Wynn, interestingly enough. I tend to read the sleeper article and feedback of it and decided to just make a comment since Tyler got the the same pile-on results I got. As I said, it was not a slam at you.

I think what it really comes down to is just nomenclature. I would consider Wynn then and Grant now top waiver wire grabs for the week, but would not use the term "sleeper", since in each case a good game had already been played (maybe "break out" was another misuse of terms). Pointing out the added benefits of soft schedule and what not seem to go along with that and are useful insights. Either way, I think we are just talking terminology here and everyone (even the people in your defense) seem to be a little wound up...except me of course :-).
JabbaBen Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:22 pm

Wow! The whole conversation with these 2 jokers is laughably pathetic...

I just wanted to chip in and say how much I appreciated the article and its FOCUS on the playoff schedule. I'm facing the loss of Travis Henry and Frank Gore is ailing, so I was elated to see a guy with so much speculative value appear on the wire when I had the #1 priority! Guys like Jason Wright, Ryan Grant and Selvin Young can save seasons with late breakouts and poshy playoff schedules. Im guessing many people who don't agree with this is sitting at 3-5 and waiting for Norwood and DeAngelo Williams to break out and prove their eminent genius.

Anyway, I appreciated the article and its true point. Keep it coming ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby trfe » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:16 pm

This is a bit safer than GLENN MARTINEZ? I laughed out loud when i saw that name as a sleeper last week. I hope that was a joke...
trfe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby latraffic » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:32 pm

trfe wrote:This is a bit safer than GLENN MARTINEZ? I laughed out loud when i saw that name as a sleeper last week. I hope that was a joke...

uh... YES! It was a little pre-April Fool's Day action now that the week has passed and he sucked! However, had he (and all of Denver for that matter) actually played a decent game on Monday Night, I'd have been a genius. Phooey!

Face it, ol'd Glenn was a true sleeper in all sense of the word. He just happed to be a SUCKY one. :-b Besides, I've hit the mark once this season, that's generally the average per season with me with trying to dig up the <5% owned guys, so I figure from here on out my advice is all gravy. Oh course, I can't cook which means my gravy is clumpy, cold with that little film on top...
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Article Discussions