Rookie owner needs a lot of help Week 9 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Rookie owner needs a lot of help Week 9

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rookie owner needs a lot of help Week 9

Postby ekeaton » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:13 pm

I am a rookie at fantasy football. I am going into week 9 with a 8-0 record. The team I am playing is the only other 8-0 team in the league.

My team Other
[*]most likely active for week 9
QB [*]Tony Roma [*]Tom Brady
RB [*]Marshawn Lynch [*]Kenny Watson
[*] Willie Parker [*] Shaun Alexander
Travis Henry
Jason Wright
WR [*]T J Houshmandzaheh [*] Randy Moss
[*]Steve Smith-Car [*] Santana Moss
[*] Wes Welker [*]Bobby Engram
Roddy White
TE [*] Dallas Clark [*]Tony gonzalez
Daniel Graham
K [*] Stephen Gostkowski [*] Shaun Suisham
DST [*]Patriots Ravens
Lions

We start 9 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST

We are on NFL.COM

Scoring for Offensive Categories
FG - Field Goals 3 points
Plus 2 points for a FG of 50+ Yds
FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -2 points
Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points
PaInt - Passing Interception -2 points
PaTD - Passing TD 6 points
PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds
Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points
ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points
ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds
Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points
RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points
RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds
XP - Extra Points 1 point

Scoring for Defensive Categories
DFR - Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 2 points
DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points
Int - Interceptions 2 points
PA - Points Against, Total Points Scored 0 - 6 PA = 8 points
7 - 13 PA = 6 points
14 - 20 PA = 4 points
21 - 27 PA = 2 points
SACK - Sack 1 point
STY - Safety 2 points
YDS - Yards Allowed 0 - 49 YDSs = 12 points
50 - 99 YDSs = 10 points
100 - 149 YDSs = 8 points
150 - 199 YDSs = 6 points
200 - 249 YDSs = 4 points
250 - 299 YDSs = 2 points

Statisticlly I have a slight advantage, but sometime the players don't produce like they are suppose to. I know Brady is my biggest threat. but if Roma comes off the bye ready to go, I will get good numbers.

Two big questions - Should I try to get Payton Manning for this game? The team who has him is 5-2 playing a 3-4 team, and needs a RB for a bye. With Roma having a strained hamstring, he might not have a good game , if he plays at all.

Second - Should I try for another defense. Pats play the Colts this week and it could be a very bad week for them. That is one of the reasons I am thinking Manning plus the showdown between him and Brady.

I know I have a good team, but I would love to win this game. Should I just leave things as they are? Like I said earlier, I am a rookie. I have made some very good desicions this year, and got lucky with some of my draft picks.

I thank you for any advice you can give me.
From one lady to the others- We might be out numbered, but not out played.
ekeaton Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rookie owner needs a lot of help Week 9

Postby latraffic » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:04 pm

Wow! What a dream team! Mind if I ask how many teams are in your league and what your draft pick was?

I can understand your worries. It's normal to fret over even the most impressive roster. Who do you envision giving up for Manning? Your RBs are solid but no two are so outstanding you can afford to deal him, especially when RB's are injured so often. I checked on Romo's injury/status at rotoworld.com (my new favorite other than here at the Cafe) and they list him as nothing but a whole heck of a lot RICHER going into Week 9. Nothing about being slowed by the bad hammie. I think Brady/Romo is about as good as it gets this week.

As for the question of Defense... both NE and Baltimore have tough matchups this week. What's on the WW? I'd not trade away any talent to get a better D if a suitable one week sub will do.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ekeaton » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:10 pm

There are 12 teams in the league and the owners are all female. I had what I thought was a bad draft until the season got started. I drafted Roma (and was told not to expext much, but my Mother is a big Dallas fan), Travis Henry (very disappointing), Willie Parker, Houshmandzdeh, Darrell Jackson, Steve Smith, Alge Crumpler, Gostkowski, the Partiots, Steve McNair, Marshawn Lynch (I am a big college ball fan), Gonzalez, Brandon Jones and Dallas Clark (started out as a mistake).

I have made no trades this year, simly have taken off the Free Agent list. Last week I played Griese for Roma bye week. I am dropping him to pick up The Cardinal for my bye week 10. Last week was the first game I started Lynch and I picked up Welker to cover a bye. I have been trying to work 2-3 weeks ahead of my bye week so maybe I can get someone who is starting to produce.

As I said earlier, I have had some good luck and done reseach to try to pick up ok players for my bye weeks. I do not watch Pro ball, so I only knew a handful of players. Did a lot of reseach on NFL.com and here and ask alot of questions. This is probably beginners luck, but I am enjoying it very much. I am now a FF player and will continue to do it. I only got started because the Personal Manager at my husbands plant found out I was a football fan and he invited me to play FF with the guys at the plant. I didn't want to make all my rookie mistakes with those guys, but I will be playing with them next year.

My husband, who does not play FF and didn't even watch college ball till 2 seasons ago, told me I should stick with the guys who have gotten me here. So that is what I am going to do. I just needed somone who knows whats going on to confirm that I do have a good team.

Thanks for listening.
ekeaton Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ekeaton » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:12 pm

I just realized the teams are all together. My guys are on the for left, the ones to the right belong to the other team.
ekeaton Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby latraffic » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:22 am

ekeaton wrote:I just realized the teams are all together. My guys are on the for left, the ones to the right belong to the other team.

;-D Ah, that explains a lot. I was reading it as if the names were all on your roster...

Wow, wasn't Welker a great WW pickup for you. I think your roster should get you the win this week. You definately win the battle of the matchups. Just hang tight and cross your fingers! Good luck!
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Beginner's Forum