OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 3

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 3

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:15 pm

knapplc wrote:The level of acrimony in this thread is rapidly approaching absurd.

This is for fun. Remember? ;-)

I guess I do consider this fun. :-B I didnt get the feeling that I or anyone else was being harsh or getting upset. It wasnt my intention.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:11 pm

What is the point of posting rankings if everyone just says "Well, you are entitled to your opinion"?
The whole point of these rankings are accountability and trying to get the most accurate rankings possible.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:01 pm

OK. It just seemed like there was a lot of emotion going on. It's cool. Carry on.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby statsman88 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:38 pm

I'm a very laid-back person, but I'm pretty passionate about college sports, so if I get a bit too riled up, just let me know :-)

wouldn't want that friendliness meter to go down :-b
statsman88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:44 pm

In all honesty I think I'm carrying the team here on my superb ranking skills. Pick it up guys come on!
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby ShoelessJoe » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:01 am

This debate between Husker and Bagel is the best thread we've had on here in awhile. If two of the best, most respected posters can't have a debate on this forum then we'll never get anything legit discussed.

Also, I know after reading this thread I'll take a lot more time doing my rankings next week.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:53 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:This debate between Husker and Bagel is the best thread we've had on here in awhile. If two of the best, most respected posters can't have a debate on this forum then we'll never get anything legit discussed.

Also, I know after reading this thread I'll take a lot more time doing my rankings next week.

yeah, after the top 10, i've just been kind of mailing it in, so to speak. work is starting to slow down, so i can devote more time to this in the coming weeks.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:51 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:This debate between Husker and Bagel is the best thread we've had on here in awhile. If two of the best, most respected posters can't have a debate on this forum then we'll never get anything legit discussed.

This was my thought. I was going to post earlier that I am glad I decided to ask husker to join later. We are getting some great dicsussion and people have great thoughts
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:24 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:

This was my thought. I was going to post earlier that I am glad I decided to ask husker to join later. We are getting some great dicsussion and people have great thoughts

Oh, Ssthop! :-D
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:02 pm

Thanks for the replies Husker, lots of good stuff in there.

It appears we are just on opposite ends of the spectrum in our approach, one of the the basis' of which seems to be that you look for teams to prove to you that they're bad while I look for them to prove to me that they're good. I guess that's why they have so many people do these things, so guys like us balance each other out since there really is no right or wrong way to approach it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to College Football