Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Week 8 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Week 8

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Week 8

Postby WebHamster » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:27 pm

This thread contains comments on Michael Stephens's Article "Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Week 8", which was posted in the Cafe's Articles section on October 30, 2007. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Week 8

Postby aqua » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:47 am

Another great read. Thanks!
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby latraffic » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:22 pm

I have to say that I very much enjoy your rundown of the games each week. Your writing it insightful and entertaining, which is a tricky but beautiful combination to behold. I do hope you will continue with it for the entire season and return for many more. The Cafe needs writers like you. ;-)

That being said, Michael, please stop using so many commas. I know this seems like a strange, perhaps silly request, but I edit a lot of writing professionally and this small habit you have is an easy mistake to correct. With your level of writing talent I hope you seek additional publication elsewhere and if you do, the commas must go. For this site, where we all chip in for the fun of it, it's not a big deal but I would hate to have it impact your writing on the bigger stage.

Here is a great reference site if you need it. Again, I am very impressed with your writing and I look forward to your article each week. I hope this feedback hasn't insulted or embarrassed you in anyway. Keep up the good work.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:15 pm

latraffic wrote:I have to say that I very much enjoy your rundown of the games each week. Your writing it insightful and entertaining, which is a tricky but beautiful combination to behold. I do hope you will continue with it for the entire season and return for many more. The Cafe needs writers like you. ;-)

That being said, Michael, please stop using so many commas. I know this seems like a strange, perhaps silly request, but I edit a lot of writing professionally and this small habit you have is an easy mistake to correct. With your level of writing talent I hope you seek additional publication elsewhere and if you do, the commas must go. For this site, where we all chip in for the fun of it, it's not a big deal but I would hate to have it impact your writing on the bigger stage.

Here is a great reference site if you need it. Again, I am very impressed with your writing and I look forward to your article each week. I hope this feedback hasn't insulted or embarrassed you in anyway. Keep up the good work.

KC, thank you very much for both the accolades and the constructive criticism. That is something that I will definately keep an eye on in the future. I' am always looking to improve my writing and I am pretty thick skinned, so any and all criticisms are welcomed! ;-D The piece will be a weekly deal from me for sure, though I was considering changing the focus some weeks so it isn't just a recap article every week. It could just be a formatting issue though so I don't have a concrete direction for the piece in the long run. Thanks again!
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latraffic » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:15 am

WaCougMBS wrote:I am pretty thick skinned, so any and all criticisms are welcomed! ;-D

After fifteen years in the business, I have realized this one attribute it a writer's most important skill. Glad to hear you have it. ;-D
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby latraffic » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:56 am

latraffic wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:I am pretty thick skinned, so any and all criticisms are welcomed! ;-D

After fifteen years in the business, I have realized this one attribute it a writer's most important skill. Glad to hear you have it. ;-D

Perfect example -- you should see what a couple guys are saying about me in the Grant sleeper thread. Ah, the hate...
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:33 pm

latraffic wrote:
latraffic wrote:

Perfect example -- you should see what a couple guys are saying about me in the Grant sleeper thread. Ah, the hate...

:-b

Criticism is one thing, but That guy went too far... 3 times... let's just say that Madison, Swiper, and I did not like the words he chose. He won't be an issue any longer. :-D

I'm all for harsh criticism. I think it makes a writer better from time to time. However, he just went to flat out name calling and instigating.

BTW, I love the articles you both write for the cafe.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Return to Article Discussions