Brady vs. Manning - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Brady vs. Manning

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Brady vs. Manning

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:42 am

Azrael wrote:2. If you are saying that next year if all things remain the same you are choosing Manning over Brady in fantasy, you are either a fool or a liar. You have a guy who has thrown more TD passes right now than Manning might all year and you would take Manning next year ahead of Brady? That's ridiculous. You draft based on current situation not what has happened in the past.

You can limit yourself to one year's performance when drafting, but I always take in the player's entire NFL history into account. Multiple years of being at or near the top of his position is worth much more to me than a one year flash at #1. I'd much rather have consistency.

High expectations based off one good year has probably been the one of the leading causes of baldness due to pulling out hairs, waiting for a player to match the previous year's numbers.
Just ask Colston and Evans owners this year. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5971
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brady vs. Manning

Postby Pats4four » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:50 pm

Like those before said, I'd say Brady on both counts.

Fantasy wise, he's ripping teams apart this season as he's finally got the weapons that Manning has for a long time. Moss, Stalllworth, Welker and Watson are quality receivers that cannot be covered all the time. Mannning has been playing well but Brady's numbers are just phenominal. The only problem is I didn't draft in any leagues! :-D

In real life, I'd take Brady as well. The point's been made that Manning has not played well in the post season. Last season, his rating during the playoffs was 70.5 and he threw more INTs (7) than TDs (3) wherehas Brady's rating was 76.5 and he threw 5 TDs to 4 INTs. The only reason that the Colts won was because their D stepped it up when it counted. The season before that Brady had a 92.2 rating (4 TDs, 2 INTs) Manning's rating was 90.9 (1TD 0 INT). In the clutch, Brady plays better than Manning. The superbowl rings are not as big a factor of a QBs greatness than his play during the playoffs. Rings are won not just by a QB but by a defence as shown by New England and Indianapolis.
Image
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1179
Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brady vs. Manning

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:51 pm

How about we just agree that this season Brady is better? If someone wants to dig through career stats and make a case one way or the other, be my guest, but if you look at who's throwing the deep ball better, and who's doing better in the red zone, those credits both go to Brady. Can you get the ball deep? Can you come away from a drive with a touchdown? I don't know how you measure a quarterback any better than that. Brady is better both in the 31+ passes and the red zone scores. And since I'm talking about percentage ratings of success, there's no way you can double-talk Indy's defense into the argument. When these two quarterbacks throw long, Brady hits more of his passes. When they get in the red zone, Brady more often scores.

So there ya go. No talk about rings or defenses. In offensive situations where the quarterback is called on to do something difficult (throw long or score) Brady is #1.

History will decide who's the better quarterback, and hopefully both players will have a lot more years to make that a tough decision.

This year, right now, Brady is the better quarterback.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 1400
Joined: 24 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Cafe

Re: Brady vs. Manning

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:20 pm

DraftDodger wrote:How about we just agree that this season Brady is better? If someone wants to dig through career stats and make a case one way or the other, be my guest, but if you look at who's throwing the deep ball better, and who's doing better in the red zone, those credits both go to Brady. Can you get the ball deep? Can you come away from a drive with a touchdown? I don't know how you measure a quarterback any better than that. Brady is better both in the 31+ passes and the red zone scores. And since I'm talking about percentage ratings of success, there's no way you can double-talk Indy's defense into the argument. When these two quarterbacks throw long, Brady hits more of his passes. When they get in the red zone, Brady more often scores.

So there ya go. No talk about rings or defenses. In offensive situations where the quarterback is called on to do something difficult (throw long or score) Brady is #1.

History will decide who's the better quarterback, and hopefully both players will have a lot more years to make that a tough decision.

This year, right now, Brady is the better quarterback.


You're gonna talk about whose better this year without making any mention about strength of schedule? Sure you're going to have better numbers this year when you are playing against, Cleveland, Miami, NYJ, Buffalo and Cincinatti.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2934
Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Brady vs. Manning

Postby BigMusky » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:08 pm

I hate when people say that Manning had better talent around him. That is so not true it is not even funny. He had better wide receivers and that was it. Edge was better then some of Brady's runningbacks over the years, but not Dillon. We see what Edge is in Arizona and not some monster he used to be. Product of system.

I take Peyton for a real game because when I think of Brady I never think of him coming from behind and winning a game. I never think, wow Brady was awesome and there was nothing the other team could do. It was always his defense and special teams setting the table for him. Peyton was the play maker. Now obviously this season has shown what Brady can do with some elite wide receiver talent. But it still remains to be seen how this season turns out. You can not base an opinion over the last 7 season on 8 weeks of running the score up.

I still do not forget spygate either. Sure they are making a statement that this years team doesn't need to cheat, but you can not say that about other teams that won superbowls by a field goal. Alot of their success has been from the product of those superbowls before. Players taking less money to play in NE. So even if cheating is not directly impacting game today, he surely would be a factor in this season's success.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1258
Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "Milla-walk-ay"

Re: Brady vs. Manning

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:07 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:You're gonna talk about whose better this year without making any mention about strength of schedule? Sure you're going to have better numbers this year when you are playing against, Cleveland, Miami, NYJ, Buffalo and Cincinatti.


I'd consider that a valid argument if you hadn't purposefully left out Dallas and Washington and had instead pointed out that Brady put up better numbers against them than he did against the lesser defenses except Buffalo. If his numbers aren't going UP against lesser teams, he's not exploiting their defenses in a way that he's not exploiting better defenses.

If Indy's #1 pass defense holds him to less than 3 TDs, come back and we'll talk.

Please don't hold your breath; I don't want your death on my hands ... :-o
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 1400
Joined: 24 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Cafe

Re: Brady vs. Manning

Postby Cooner » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:24 pm

Terry Bradshaw is the best QB ever, right? I mean, look at those rings! :-°
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 746
Joined: 2 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: da Big Apple

Re: Brady vs. Manning

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:25 pm

DraftDodger wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:You're gonna talk about whose better this year without making any mention about strength of schedule? Sure you're going to have better numbers this year when you are playing against, Cleveland, Miami, NYJ, Buffalo and Cincinatti.


I'd consider that a valid argument if you hadn't purposefully left out Dallas and Washington and had instead pointed out that Brady put up better numbers against them than he did against the lesser defenses except Buffalo. If his numbers aren't going UP against lesser teams, he's not exploiting their defenses in a way that he's not exploiting better defenses.

If Indy's #1 pass defense holds him to less than 3 TDs, come back and we'll talk.

Please don't hold your breath; I don't want your death on my hands ... :-o


You give Brady Manning's schedule including the Titans, Jaguars, Bucanneers and Broncos and let Manning play Cleveland Miami, Jets, Buffalo and Cincinatti and I'm pretty sure Manning's numbers would be a lot better than Brady's...that's my point....
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2934
Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Brady vs. Manning

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:56 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:You give Brady Manning's schedule including the Titans, Jaguars, Bucanneers and Broncos and let Manning play Cleveland Miami, Jets, Buffalo and Cincinnati and I'm pretty sure Manning's numbers would be a lot better than Brady's...that's my point....

I agree with you 100%.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6206
(Past Year: 70)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Re: Brady vs. Manning

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:01 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:You give Brady Manning's schedule including the Titans, Jaguars, Bucanneers and Broncos and let Manning play Cleveland Miami, Jets, Buffalo and Cincinnati and I'm pretty sure Manning's numbers would be a lot better than Brady's...that's my point....

I agree with you 100%.


So you're both saying that Peyton and the Colts would "run up the score" more than the hated Patriots? Shame on them! :-t


:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 1400
Joined: 24 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Cafe

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 8:26 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact