Brady vs. Manning - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brady vs. Manning

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Brady vs. Manning

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:48 pm

Does anyone actually think there's an end to this discussion in sight? They're both great, they've both won Super Bowls, they're both going to the Hall of Fame. I just can't imagine trying to settle this debate when it's obvious that the two players being compared have some pretty lofty statistics and accomplishments.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:02 pm

beanoX3 wrote:I'd go the opposite from Dawinner. Peyton for fantasy and Brady for a real NFL team.

Peyton is pretty consistent every year and almost entirely eliminates all worrys about the QB position for a fantasy team. But in a real team, Peyton seems too high maintenance, in a way. He needs smart players all around who can understand all his playcall changes. Brady, on the other hand, seems able to win no matter what type of players are around him.

Huh? Every player in the NFL is football smart. That's why they're there. You can't say Brady is better than Peyton just because he needs "smart" players around him to succeed.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby zevon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:14 am

Dawinner127 wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:You give Brady Manning's schedule including the Titans, Jaguars, Bucanneers and Broncos and let Manning play Cleveland Miami, Jets, Buffalo and Cincinnati and I'm pretty sure Manning's numbers would be a lot better than Brady's...that's my point....

I agree with you 100%.

Well, I disagree, probably no big surprise. They'd likely be closer, but Brady's in rare air this season. No one, even Peyton in his record setting year has ever been at 30 TD with only 2 picks at the midpoint.

Slightly off topic, but in the same vein, I'd like to point that Indy's pass D is #1 in the league, I'm seeing that ballyhooed a bit. So if anyone can stop the Number 1 O, it's gotta be the Number 1 D, right?
To the list of Titans, Jaguars, Buccaneers and Broncos, add Saints, Texans, Jags, and Panthers.
Had the Pats played that schedule, I have no doubt they'd be way ahead of the Colts in Pass D. :-)

7 more hours... B-)
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:24 pm

Azrael wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:You give Brady Manning's schedule including the Titans, Jaguars, Bucanneers and Broncos and let Manning play Cleveland Miami, Jets, Buffalo and Cincinnati and I'm pretty sure Manning's numbers would be a lot better than Brady's...that's my point....

I agree with you 100%.

When Brady blows up Indy, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore (1st, 4th, 9th versus the pass) what will the excuse be then?

Weren't people saying well wait until he faces a good defense like Washington and then we'll see what happens. Didn't think people would be crying about them running up their highest point total thus far on the Redskins did we.

Well, 255 and 3 more TDs and he didn't even play that well today. That last 9 minutes is a microcosm of what the Patriots are capable of. They probably would have scored again fairly quickly but kneed it to end the game. When the heat was turned up Indy melted, just imagine what it will be like In Foxboro in January. Peyton probably doesn't even want to play the rest of the year out. It's evident what is coming.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby DraftDodger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:42 pm

Azrael wrote:Well, 255 and 3 more TDs and he didn't even play that well today. That last 9 minutes is a microcosm of what the Patriots are capable of. They probably would have scored again fairly quickly but kneed it to end the game. When the heat was turned up Indy melted, just imagine what it will be like In Foxboro in January. Peyton probably doesn't even want to play the rest of the year out. It's evident what is coming.

I guess the Colts proved the "weak schedule" theory:

Brady would only be on pace for 48 touchdowns this year if he had to play the Colts every week. What a difference a good defense makes!

:-D
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby PMoneyTKE » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:55 pm

DraftDodger wrote:
Azrael wrote:Well, 255 and 3 more TDs and he didn't even play that well today. That last 9 minutes is a microcosm of what the Patriots are capable of. They probably would have scored again fairly quickly but kneed it to end the game. When the heat was turned up Indy melted, just imagine what it will be like In Foxboro in January. Peyton probably doesn't even want to play the rest of the year out. It's evident what is coming.

Brady would only be on pace for 48 touchdowns this year if he had to play the Colts every week. What a difference a good defense makes!

YEAAAA and 32 interceptions!!!

EXTRAPOLATING IS FUN!!!!

Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:24 pm

ha. Mixed bag from both teams this week. I'm not so sure that the colts aren't the better team, but for now, I would call this a good pats win. It's also fairly obvious that these are the two best teams in the league, but the colts running game impressed me today against a good front 7.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Melo255 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:33 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:
DraftDodger wrote:

YEAAAA and 32 interceptions!!!

EXTRAPOLATING IS FUN!!!!

While Peyton Manning would have 16 TD's - 16 INT's.

And the Patriots would be 16-0. You are right, extrapolating IS fun!
"With My Last Breath I Curse Zoidberg"
Melo255
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:41 am

This question is basically Marino vs Montana all over again, and the qb with the most super bowl wins usually wins the argument, but with these 2 its basically pick your flavor, they will BOTH be top 5 when they are finished, so arguing who is better or who you would take is basically a push, cant go wrong with either...

But I will say, the way Brady has been known to close more games, and come through in the clutch when these two play, where as Peyton has made more mistakes at crucial times(credit to NE defense or knock on Peyton take it however) but for the most part Brady has played better in the clutch when the game is on the line, so thats giving him the overall nod in head 2 head matchups

I think Peyton has better physical attributes, stronger arm, slightly better accuracy(its ridiculous how well he places the ball), the things that made him a top draft pick and made brady slide, but all the intangibles go towards Brady
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer