Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Let the smack talk begin!

Postby moochman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:01 pm

dream_017 wrote:
scrumtalecent wrote:I'm not questioning the loyalty of his fandom. I simply took offense to the "sad that everyone bought into this debacle" comment. Why is that sad? Why is it crazy to think hopeful thoughts about what may quite possibly be a bad football team. Check out Santa Cruzer's post a couple posts over. You think he's selling his tickets after a bad game or no longer looking forward to Sundays? No one says they're going to the Super Bowl anytime soon. I'm just hoping they do well in the second half. I wasn't kicking him off the bandwagon I'm sure he's not on anyway. I'm just saying if wants to be a fan of the team and enjoy it, do so. If not, than that leaves more playoff tickets for me ;-D

I'm the one with the tickets ;-) :-b

Dream, I sure hope you get to use them for a play-off game(s). HUGE game this Sunday. The Leos to have the Coughlin effect in their favor-Coughlin teams suck in the second half. If the Coughlin effect has a bigger Cosmic inpact that the Millen effect we have a shot. Problem is Coughlin is swimming in the kiddie pool of incompetence compared to Millen's ocean.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:51 pm

moochman wrote:
dream_017 wrote:I'm the one with the tickets ;-) :-b

Dream, I sure hope you get to use them for a play-off game(s). HUGE game this Sunday. The Leos to have the Coughlin effect in their favor-Coughlin teams suck in the second half. If the Coughlin effect has a bigger Cosmic inpact that the Millen effect we have a shot. Problem is Coughlin is swimming in the kiddie pool of incompetence compared to Millen's ocean.

Right now I'm just hoping for the playoffs, whether we have a game or not. It would be nice to actually get the invoice in the mail...that means we are at least close. I still have the tickets from 99 and 2000. It would have been nice to get to use them.

I have a feeling Ford Field will be rocking once again this Sunday. Coming inside to play is a huge advantage from the home team, especially playing an outdoor team. I don't think Eli knows what is going to be instore for him this weekend. Then remeber Favre has always had a tough time playing in Domes...but domes that were loud. Since Min and Det have fallen off, Farve has done decent, but he too will be in store for an experience that he hasn't encountered in ages.

I truely expect the Lions to continue to play well at home ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby DetroitFan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:51 am

I still got a bad taste in my mouth after making the Arizona trip just to see them play like garbage. Good news is we're undefeated at home, hopefully we can win these next 2 against NYG and Favre...
Pistons, Red Wings, Lions, Tigers, and Wolverines. :)
DetroitFan
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:56 pm

Yeah im still thinkin about last week and HOW bad they looked. I mean whats the point in making the playoffs the get wasted by someone. The Lions have played a couple of decent teams. Wash and Philly. Umm yeah. NYG is the best team that we have played so far. If we lose this game i think the wheels fall off of everything lol. We need this week VERY badly.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:48 am

Its sad because its true. EVERY single year man the Lions fans go through this. I know myself every year i go into it thinking okay im not going to let them pull one over on me again. Guess what its happened again. 6-2 start was too much for me to fight against. If you think im not a Lions fan then you are sadly mistaken. I want them to win just as much as the next guy. Im just mad they convinced me that they actually had something this year. Nope, they dont. They lost games that they needed to win and now people keep forgiving them for it. Oh its alright maybe we can beat the Cowboys or San Diego or Green Bay at home to get in the playoffs. lol I mean come on. This team is an average team at best. How can you guys not be upset with the fact that we arent getting Calvin the ball??? I dont understand. Not you Mooch but the other guy that was talkign about me typing what i heard on sports talk radio or whatever. Yeah i listen to the show and used some of what they were saying cause i thought it was nicely said and summed up what i think.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions