Will T.J. Houshmandzadeh ever be stopped? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will T.J. Houshmandzadeh ever be stopped?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Will T.J. Houshmandzadeh ever be stopped?

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:08 pm

Chris Henry will return and steal some TDs from Housh, and Chad will have some monster games as well. Housh will have a great year, but I doubt he'll finish with the number of touchdowns he's projected to get.

Also, would someone please explain to me the CJ trade rumors. I personally have a hard time believing the Bengals would ever consider trading him.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:24 pm

When he and your franchise QB are at odds its not so hard to believe. The Bengals have reached such a low they might as well start rebuilding again and Housh / Henry is not a terrible 1,2 as long as #2 avoids more suspension.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:05 am

steelerfan513 wrote:Also, would someone please explain to me the CJ trade rumors. I personally have a hard time believing the Bengals would ever consider trading him.

from what ive heard their only speculations, and it would be pretty crazy to do it in my opinion...Its like noone notices how horrible they are on defense, or that the fact that they have a "defensive minded coach" and cant get them to play any better then they do on that side of the ball...It wouldnt matter how Chad acted, he cant control the fact that they cant stop anyone from scoring, just watch how the bills light them up this weekend...

Chad is still gonna finish with 1500 receiving yds, 8 tds, and do nothing but go out and play hard to help his team win and they will still find a way to put it back on him
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jcde7ago » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:43 am

IMO, if the Bengals were smart they WOULD trade 85 for a couple of premier draft picks, or perhaps an up-and-coming wideout and draft pick or something of that sort. Chris Chambers was able to garner a 2nd round draft pick for Miami next year, and no doubt CJ would command far more than that, and it could very well work out to Cincinnati's benefit. Having a 1-2 punch of Housh/Henry still puts the Bengals up there in terms of WR talent, and the upgrade at defense that it could give them with the trade compensation/draft picks is pretty much priceless. For the next year or two, it might look like a bad choice, but in the long run i think it would be a great deal for Cincy.
10-Team Yahoo! Keeper League: TheYayArea (in 3rd Year now) 11-0!

Starters:

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Marshawn Lynch
W/R: Marion Barber III
TE: Chris Cooley
K: Shayne Graham
D: Pittsburgh
jcde7ago
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:55 am

LS2throwed wrote:the fact that they have a "defensive minded coach" and cant get them to play any better then they do on that side of the ball...

What is truly funny about this is Billick was hired in Baltimore as an offensive wizard responsible for Cunninghams resurgence (maybe Moss just makes anyone but Art Shell look brilliant) and the Ravens have had a craptastic offense with great D and Cincy gets the defensive mastermind from Baltimore for the reverse effect :-B

Oh and if the idiots would stop drafting RB's so highly they might have a defense worth something.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FatFoot » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:32 am

You KNOW that if he gets traded, somehow he ends up on the Patriots, who will then throw Moss, CJ, Welker and Stallworth at everyone in 4 WR sets. :)

CJ is going nowhere.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:42 am

cooleyhigh wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:the fact that they have a "defensive minded coach" and cant get them to play any better then they do on that side of the ball...

What is truly funny about this is Billick was hired in Baltimore as an offensive wizard responsible for Cunninghams resurgence (maybe Moss just makes anyone but Art Shell look brilliant) and the Ravens have had a craptastic offense with great D and Cincy gets the defensive mastermind from Baltimore for the reverse effect :-B

Oh and if the idiots would stop drafting RB's so highly they might have a defense worth something.

LOL exactly right, same situation...and yea I would like to think Cincy is done wasting picks on rb's so early

even though they COULD indeed get something for CJ, why would you do it?? I mean, I guess the Rams should trade Torry Holt because they suck this year, or the Cardinals should of traded Fitzgerald last year...They are just making it seem like Cincy is losing because of Chad, and im not sure how the media can twist it around to seem that way when they have probably the worst defense in the entire nfl, Chad just wants to win games more then anything...It be sad to see him go but he would make another team REALLY good(san francisco?)
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby fantasizing » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:51 am

jcde7ago wrote:IMO, if the Bengals were smart they WOULD trade 85 for a couple of premier draft picks, or perhaps an up-and-coming wideout and draft pick or something of that sort. Chris Chambers was able to garner a 2nd round draft pick for Miami next year, and no doubt CJ would command far more than that, and it could very well work out to Cincinnati's benefit. Having a 1-2 punch of Housh/Henry still puts the Bengals up there in terms of WR talent, and the upgrade at defense that it could give them with the trade compensation/draft picks is pretty much priceless. For the next year or two, it might look like a bad choice, but in the long run i think it would be a great deal for Cincy.

I agree with this. The Bengals have far more concerns on defense that need to be addressed. Besides, CJ is gonna start getting up there in age. Provided Henry stays out of prison, I think the offense doesn't miss a beat with Housh/Henry in there instead.

From a fantasy perspective, CJ seems to be hit and miss. He'll have a few monster games, then dissappear completely in other games. Housh appears a more consistent option.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:17 pm

fantasizing wrote:
jcde7ago wrote:IMO, if the Bengals were smart they WOULD trade 85 for a couple of premier draft picks, or perhaps an up-and-coming wideout and draft pick or something of that sort. Chris Chambers was able to garner a 2nd round draft pick for Miami next year, and no doubt CJ would command far more than that, and it could very well work out to Cincinnati's benefit. Having a 1-2 punch of Housh/Henry still puts the Bengals up there in terms of WR talent, and the upgrade at defense that it could give them with the trade compensation/draft picks is pretty much priceless. For the next year or two, it might look like a bad choice, but in the long run i think it would be a great deal for Cincy.

I agree with this. The Bengals have far more concerns on defense that need to be addressed. Besides, CJ is gonna start getting up there in age. Provided Henry stays out of prison, I think the offense doesn't miss a beat with Housh/Henry in there instead.

From a fantasy perspective, CJ seems to be hit and miss. He'll have a few monster games, then dissappear completely in other games. Housh appears a more consistent option.

dissapear completely?? That sounds more like Lee Evans, if you checked CJ's numbers week to week you would know thats not the case, its pretty hard to have 700+ yds in 7 games, while dissapearing completely in games, its just he hasnt reached the endzone, but alot of those games he had 120 yds, 130, 80 etc...dissapear completely to me means no catches, or 1 catch for 8 yards, chad is far from either of the two
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:25 pm

Don't know how close having a TD in 8 straight games to start the season is to the record but I gotta believe it is close.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk