Kicked out of my fantasy league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kicked out of my fantasy league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kicked out of my fantasy league

Postby rsherryjr » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:23 pm

Don't know if this belongs in this forum.

Sucks to have worked this hard and get screwed like this. I've been in this keeper league for more than a few years . I split this team with another friend aand it is a money league. Anyway last week the last place team played a team with around the same record as the commisioner. The last place team made some blatent bad starts in order to tank the game. The commisioner went in and changed the last place teams lineup. Well the last place team owner went nuts and the commish had us vote about it. The problem is the other team also had some blatent bad starts - but the commish failed to mention this prior to teams voting. Then the commish said he wouldn't make a team "pick up" players to be more competitive only start the best lineup. The team that the commish didn't touch started only one TE (we start two), started Vernand Morency (Third on his teams depth chart), and made other bad non-moves. Anyway I stuck up for the team in last place when the commish stepped in and and that the decision was final and any further discussion and that team would need to give up its first rounder and pay double the league fees. Well needless to say I kept talking and arguing to the point where I got so angry I quit. I'm in first place and I play the commish this week. I should have shut my mouth - but I stood up for what I thought was right. Anyway, I don't know where I'm going with this - but I'm just pretty pissed that I put this much work in, I'm in first place and now I get the rug pulled out from under me. I know that the solution is to just stay out of the league and stay away until I can startor join one next season - but that still sucks as it is coming up on the most exciting time of the year. Anyway, thanks for listening and feel free to add your .02.

Thanks.
rsherryjr
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kicked out of my fantasy league

Postby busby » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:07 pm

Basically, you are in denial that you quit your main money league on principle, and have decided to comfort yourself with the notion that you were "kicked out?"
Cafe leagues
Any Given Dynasty (4th year) 2-2
Kind of a Big Deal (3rd year) 2-2
4th and Goal Dynasty (2nd year) 2-2
busby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FatFoot » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:33 pm

Your commish is a piece of crap. Anyone who arbitrarily says things like "will lose 1st rounder, and pay double fees" has CLEARLY let being commish go to his head.

The commish MUST be exactly like any other owner, just with the added responsibility of preventing people from cheating. NOT some jag that can change or add rules and penalties as he goes. I'm assuming that you guys are young, not because of anything you yourself did, but because I can't imagine an adult acting like your commish.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby rsherryjr » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:14 pm

Busby - I left out the part where another owner talked me into apologizing and sticking it out. I did this and the comish asked me to stop e-mailing him. So yes I quit and then was not granted reinstatement

Fatfoot - I agree he is a piece of crap and believe it or not I'm probably the youngest member of the league at 32. The commish sent out an e-mail about 2 before that one saying "any new rules can only be made if voted on at the next draft" This commish is a total piece of crap. The thing that sucks is I have a sick team that I drafted from scratch. This was a one win team when I took it over and now I just need to look for a new one.

I think every league should have term limits for commisioners.
rsherryjr
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bdrotoronto » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:39 pm

Agreed, your commissioner sounds like a 12-year old. He should clearly be removed from office if possible.

The whole league sounds like a waste of time though if multiple teams obviously aren't even bright enough to fill out a starting lineup week to week.
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:52 pm

I dont know what to tell you man, but id start looking in advance for people you know well, trust, and know they are competitive and active in fantasy football and start a league with them, and rotate being a commish between members as we do in our league...

this way, majority of the rules stay the same, you dont have to worry about a random commish blowing a gasket, thats why I stick to that main league, its hard to trust people to run a league properly these days
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby JoshJungalo » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:44 pm

if you are in first place, can you cruise to a playoff spot without participating really? I am not sure how you would quit a league... how about the people who have to play you? do they get automatic wins or does it just play out?
JoshJungalo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rsherryjr » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:23 pm

JoshJungalo wrote:if you are in first place, can you cruise to a playoff spot without participating really? I am not sure how you would quit a league... how about the people who have to play you? do they get automatic wins or does it just play out?

I'm not sure how it is working as my ID was shut down and I was totally kicked out. I'm 6-2 right now and in a three way tie for first. I'm playing the commish this week who is 4-4 or so and needs this game bad. I set my lineup but due to injuries and other things I'm not sure if I have everyone in that I really would want to start.

To everyone who has commented so far thanks a lot for cheering me up and letting me know it is not me. This is just nuts!
rsherryjr
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JoshJungalo » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:46 pm

its crazy that he is playing you this week too when he boots you out... how long has this league been around? are you friends with anyone in it?

It seems really hard to have a good keeper league that stays around. I tried to start one this year and could only fill it halfway with my friends and its really hard to get people to get into it and keep up with it

I really dont know how next year is going to go.
JoshJungalo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rsherryjr » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:47 pm

JoshJungalo wrote:its crazy that he is playing you this week too when he boots you out... how long has this league been around? are you friends with anyone in it?

It seems really hard to have a good keeper league that stays around. I tried to start one this year and could only fill it halfway with my friends and its really hard to get people to get into it and keep up with it

I really dont know how next year is going to go.

This league has been around for 12 years believe it or not. I have been in it for around 4 years - but my partner who is more of a silent partner has been in it for about 3 more years making us in it 7 years all together. Both me and my partner have spoken to other league members - but no one knows what is going on. Both of us are thinking about bagging the whole thing anyway.

I know what you are saying about how difficult it is to keep a keeper league going. I think you need to start with 6 teams. This league had IDP's which keeps the randomness going when there are just six teams. Then grow it slowly with people who you know are dedicated. That is how I plan on trying it. Regardless of what happens my partner and I are probably going to start a new league. I aslo liked the fact that we all met up for the draft. It makes a big difference in my opinion. The league champ always buys pizza and the runner up buys snacks. That is a little but cool thing. PM me if you need a new owner I would be interested in joining.
rsherryjr
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk