Andy Reid - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Andy Reid

Moderator: Football Moderators

Andy Reid

Postby Slayer Rules » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:39 am

Read a great commentary piece on Reid by KFFL's William Del Pilar - I agree completely with him. Actually I was unaware of the depth of controversey over this - I guess because I like to mind my own business. Here's an excerpt:

My take is simple; Reid has a second chance with his kids. Many now realize what we've always known: It's difficult for a head coach in the National Football League to be a good father in terms of spending time with the kids. Is it impossible? No, but it's extremely difficult. Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy's son killed himself, and to me that is a greater tragedy than what Reid is dealing with, because Reid has a second chance. Let the man try to rebuild his relationships with his kids, and let's move on. I say let's move on because those kids are adults, and at the end of the day, prison time is going to help them more than hurt them if the Reids support them emotionally during their time working for the state.

Full article link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/news?sl ... asytidbits
Slayer Rules
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Andy Reid

Postby Azrael » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:29 am

I don't know how Reid isn't dead from a heart attack or nervous breakdown. Coaching in the NFL is a 24/7 job, plus he's borderline obese, and then he's got his family crumbling on top of it and it's all through the media. I hope everything works out for him but I don't know how he continues to maintain with all that going on.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:35 pm

First off I hope everything works out for him and his family because its obviously nothing easy to go through being a coach...But with that being said, these arent "kids" were talking about in high school, they are grown men, so take that for what its worth..

Secondly I think it sucks to have this type of business on every sports show everywhere, and I think its sad some people have no personal life, why would anyone think he wants to answer questions about his sons, anyone else who has had family problems or a situation going on surely doesnt want to talk about it, let alone have the entire sports world know about it...
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Felix the Cat » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:22 pm

America loves juicy celebrity stories about peoples' private lives and wants all of the details right now for purely entertainment purposes.

To me, the whole media hubbub about Reid's sons - as well as Jon Kitna's Halloween costume, Tony Dungy's son's suicide, etc. - reflects upon the sorry state of American entertainment and society.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wbgrafix » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:30 pm

It's funny how ESPN has finally picked up this story after it's been going on since the summer. He took a leave of absence and everything and just talk about it now.

A part of me wants him to step down just because I am tired of hearing about it. I would rather hear how bad this team is than to hear about his ADULT kids.

But a part of me feels he shouldn't step down because it would really do no good since they are in jail for awhile. I wish people would stop telling him what to do or what he SHOULD do because they aren't in his shoes and never will be in his shoes.

And this crap about it affecting them team is bull. It's been a problem since 2002.

All I know is that if the team doesn't beat Dallas tonight, it's going to be talked about more.
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk