The Perfect Push Up - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Perfect Push Up

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Perfect Push Up

Postby eastcoaster » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:44 pm

Does anybody have this? It is a gimmick, or is it really better than regular push-ups? If you have to use balance during the turning of the thing, then I can see how it would work different muscles and give a better upper body workout.

I wouldn't mind ordering this, but I've never ordered one of those "2 payments of $19.99 specials on TV". Not ever. And I wasn't sure I wanted to start - not without somebody's endorsement.
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Perfect Push Up

Postby treat24 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Nope, BS... you can use many things around your house for free that will get you the same result. Using anything under your hands to keep your body off balanced will produce the same result. For example, a pile of towels or play balls. Personally you can hit all those muscles in your chest and arms with a series of different types of pushups. I do 12 different types of pushups for a set of 10 each. 120 total. I guarantee it works every muscle that does and takes under 5 minutes. waste. A lot of gimmicky TV workout items can be done with household items. Not only that, I would wager a good amount of them just sit around the house.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:55 pm

I've been doing perfect push-ups for years without the benefit of this device. B-)
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:06 pm

I actually got one of these for my birthday a few weeks ago without asking for it and can't complain. I like it a lot. They are definitely a lot harder than normal pushups, and work a lot more muscle groups. It's pretty cheap, so if it's something you're interested in I'd definitely give it a try. ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby bagobonez » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:33 am

I wouldn't suggest it and here's why. Yes, you're going to work more muscle groups, but it's going to be at the expense of the major muscle groups you're trying to improve by doing pushups in the first place.

You can most certainly do more reps by doing standard pushups than you can by using the "perfect pushup". More reps = more tear down of the muscle which = your muscles re-building to be bigger and stronger. The perfect pushup is going to limit the strain you're actually putting on your pectorals and triceps. Yes, you're going to work your stabilizing muscles and it's probably going to work your abs a little more than a standard push would, but if you want to work your abs do sit ups.

ANd like the other guy was saying, if you want to mix up your pushups instead of just doing standard ones, try doing pushups on your fists instead of your flat palms or even try doing some one arm pushups. Or you could elevate your feet so that your pushup is at a more of an decline, which makes them harder as well.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:44 am

I dunno about the Perfect Push Up but I would for sure stay away from the Atomic Sit Up. :-?

:-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Tiki » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:41 pm

Metroid wrote:I dunno about the Perfect Push Up but I would for sure stay away from the Atomic Sit Up. :-?

That reminds me of an episode of That 70's Show! :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:42 pm

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)

Postby Dolfin99 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:05 pm

Push ups are push ups. You do not need a device to get stonger. You can just do different variations:

Straight
Diamond
Wide
Narrow
One hand

All of these will work different muscle groups. This is just another gimmick to take your hard earned money. Or in your case eastcoaster, your candy money.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eastcoaster » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:17 pm

Dolfin99 wrote:Push ups are push ups. You do not need a device to get stonger. You can just do different variations:

Straight
Diamond
Wide
Narrow
One hand

All of these will work different muscle groups. This is just another gimmick to take your hard earned money. Or in your case eastcoaster, your candy money.

Candy money? :-b :-? B-)
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk